Premium Format Green Goblin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn. Was really hoping to add him to my collection with spiderman. I can't justify that price.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

only logical way Id pay that is if it looked like that inhand and was ready to ship now, not 18 months later

This thing does look huge with the glider though

compared to the apple, id says its 27 inches tall

but we can thank all those "Sideshow needs competition, XM rules" enthusiast for the price increases

yall love XM, start loving their price tags on Sideshow pieces...
ZOINK.

Silly argument, but whatever floats your boat.

BTW, kinda crazy price, yup. I justified Red Sonja's price, but this one can't really be defended. Most of the height is the smoke effect - which looks average at best imho, it's too cartoony while the Goblin's body sculpt is very realistic. I appreciate the details on the body, they look very crisp. Pose is not very inspired and I can already tell that the glider will be painted with the usual grey dull paint they use on everything, instead of the proper metallic paint.
Imaginarium Art and XM are coming up with more convincing versions and more switch outs at nearly the same retail price.

its not an argument its common sense

its illogical to assume Sideshow would keep prices exponentially lower than XM, and to be honest only 1 or 2 XM pieces were worth all the hoopla surrounding them, I certainly wouldn't pay $900 for a Goblin statue from them either

finance 101

No ex = no rush at all also the price is high so I will wait the xm and imaginarium GG prototype painted and after that i take my decision I know maybe the another two will be expensive but is about pick the Better :p

Keeping prices noticeably lower than competition makes perfect sense, if you're the one cranking out pieces in the thousands. And that's a perfect depiction of what Sideshow does. Increasing prices just makes the comparison worse (not in Sideshow's favor) when you take into account that the competition is offering a ton of extra switch outs, an infinitely superior packaging and a more consistent QC that perfectly makes up for the price difference - keep in mind that "competition" retails at 600-650$ in the licensed areas. But this is, as usual, beating a dead horse.
People in the US paying 1000+$ for an XM or IA piece and be absolutely glad of it is no different than people paying 1000+$ for a sold out Sideshow piece and be absolutely glad of it - so I guess that all those who glorified secondary market prices on "grails" are to blame much more, since they've been doing it for many many more years before competition appeared.

Most of XMs latest releases are now clocking in at 950 to 990 sgd, even if you have some sort of connection to someone who isnt going to charge you a fee for getting the piece and happens to have a membership account with XM its still about 850 sgd. So usd you're looking at $600 to $700, and thats before you slammed with the over seas shipping of $200+.

So even with the price change Sideshow still comes in cheaper and to me looking at the two companies with the better sculpt.

That said it is stupid to think the company with the larger market share who employs some if the best sculptors/artists in the business would not take notice of two other companies (Iron Studios/XM) both charging more and getting it and not raise prices and still be able to say they are cheaper than both.

Sure part of it is probably normal up pricing due to increased overhead but this has been constant for some time now.

Keeping prices noticeably lower than competition makes perfect sense, if you're the one cranking out pieces in the thousands. And that's a perfect depiction of what Sideshow does. Increasing prices just makes the comparison worse (not in Sideshow's favor) when you take into account that the competition is offering a ton of extra switch outs, an infinitely superior packaging and a more consistent QC that perfectly makes up for the price difference - keep in mind that "competition" retails at 600-650$ in the licensed areas. But this is, as usual, beating a dead horse.
People in the US paying 1000+$ for an XM or IA piece and be absolutely glad of it is no different than people paying 1000+$ for a sold out Sideshow piece and be absolutely glad of it - so I guess that all those who glorified secondary market prices on "grails" are to blame much more, since they've been doing it for many many more years before competition appeared.

Last time I checked XM pieces edition sizes were in the thousands as well

Your logic is fail

Otherwise sell me your home for half the price of your next door neighbors.

Im not gonna lie, when Sideshow delivers a great piece-- ill flat out say it

And to be honest Sideshows Goblin looks way better than XMs

If im struggling to justify domestic price of $500 -- I dont see how $900-1200 is justified for a comparably sized statue

I thought the EX features were revealed whenever preview pics are put up. Either way, at the price SSC is charging, this piece needs an EX feature and then some..

There's no exclusives on this. Its already been confirmed. With that said, I'm priced out on standard sized PF's that are over $500. No thanks!

Lets be honest, they are competing for the same dollars. Most of the pieces XM makes do not stay in their licensed area. SS has had to up the detail and the final product, which means paying higher prices for the best factories to compete head to head. I could live with less elaborate creations, but they are bringing their A game pretty often lately.

That said, 'dat price'. SS has a much bigger market, and I think the MAJORITY of those buyers blink at these prices. I was a day one order at $469, at this price, I will probably break down eventually, but if something else catches my eye it will have to be a pass.

Also, I do think the EX has just not been shown, I am sure there is one.

There's no exclusives on this. Its already been confirmed. With that said, I'm priced out on standard sized PF's that are over $500. No thanks!

And thats my issue. I get hes on a glider but I dont think thats any more complex than an exploding girder. If this were a larger character, i.e. Bane, Killer Croc, Clayface, Rhino etc. etc. I wouldn't have cared about the price tag.

I don't know what justifies ss's rising prices, it could be because of overseas competition, I'm not sure, whatever.

What I do know is in the past 2 years ss has shown me beautiful pics of beautiful sculptures and all but maybe 2 have arrived to me with rust, chips, holes, breaks, excessively bad paint mishaps beyond the minor sloppy paint I can ignore, misnumbered bases, parts that don't fit, missing parts, torn clothing and improper tailoring.

Question that list I just provided, I have an example and pics for each f up they sent me.

Meanwhile, I only have 1 XM so far and it's perfect. Well, nothing's perfect, but yal get what I'm saying. And yes, it's only 1. XM has had some f ups as well. But not many. ES 999 or less on all Marvel statues so far, so less opportunities to f up. I paid a lot comparatively, but it was under $1000, not over like many claim.

People who can afford luxury will often pay for it. If ss can't provide luxury product they won't get luxury payment from me. That's just been my experience, I know some of yal out there have experienced differently and that's ok, I can only go by my own situation.

Back