Green Hulk PF Pics!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SolidLiquidFox said:
I felt the same way when I got my Gray Hulk Vs Spidey diorama. I guess you gotta ask yourself: can you live without the statue or will you see dollar signs anytime you walk past it? Remember, with a statue this size you are bound to look at it everytime you pass by it.

When it came down to it I chose to keep it since it's one of my core lines I collect. It's basically the same reason I kept my Padme maquette. I think also statues that you were able to get in on at retail price are even more sweet. I remember that night of the Gray Hulk Vs piece everyone was in shock and disarray. Being one of the lucky 50 felt kinda good.

Little stories like that in acquiring your pieces add personality to your collection instead of saying: "Oh yeah, that one cost me $900 but I got a good deal on ebay since I waited a bit..." everytime someone asks you how you get it.

I guess what I am trying to say goes back to making sure the grail pieces you keep are valuable to you. Regardless of how much it's going for on ebay.
Very well said SLF. I definitely ask myself all those questions, the problem is the answer tends to change based on what pic I happen to be looking at! :lol I think I'm just being drawn in to the "specialness" of the Grey Hulk. The Green is more classic and has a better contrast of colors (especially compared to the exclusive's grey feet *and* base) but I'm really, really digging the positives of the Grey. He looks less like a cartoon character, more of a monster from a 1930's horror film, and somehow more intelligent but no less menacing. And then of course there's the ES, the "story" as you mentioned, and the conversation piece factor. "Yes the Hulk's original color was...I got this piece by...its value has increased by $1,000...." :)

Plus the Grey, and only the Grey, won't ever prompt anyone to say, "You have a statue from that gay Eric Bana movie?" :archer :banana

I know in June 2008 the new Hulk movie is coming out. That blurry shot of Hulk vs Wolverine would make an amazing sequence if it was on film, especially at that scale!

Khev said:
The Green is more classic and has a better contrast of colors (especially compared to the exclusive's grey feet *and* base) but I'm really, really digging the positives of the Grey. He looks less like a cartoon character, more of a monster from a 1930's horror film, and somehow more intelligent but no less menacing. And then of course there's the ES, the "story" as you mentioned, and the conversation piece factor. "Yes the Hulk's original color was...I got this piece by...its value has increased by $1,000...." :)
you got it :rock

carbo-fation said:
All I can say is, my Green Hulk will be here next week from alterego! :D
He's shipping that soon?! Oh my aching credit card bill! :monkey4

I better start getting a place ready for him.

Darth Roranous said:
Did you get confirmation as to when he would be shipping?

obsoleteman said:
He's shipping that soon?! Oh my aching credit card bill!
Sorry guys! Looks like I read it wrong! My order has been processed but that's it. I just read the email again and there was no tracking information. I was too excited to properly read it the first time. :eek:

carbo-fation said:
Sorry guys! Looks like I read it wrong! My order has been processed but that's it. I just read the email again and there was no tracking information. I was too excited to properly read it the first time. :eek:

that's an automatic ban.

see you in a week. :D

carbo-fation said:
That is OK. I didn't get my hopes up too much. Hopefully we'll get him soon though. I am glad we got these orders in as the HULK is sold out almost everywhere.

HULK will be awesome-o!

I'm hoping that Hulk stays open until February, my wife told me that she wants to buy me that PF for my birthday in March but we won't have the funds until February....fingers crossed! :rock

I have wonderful news.

1st: My wait list got converted for the PF Hulk today!!

2nd: My birthday is next month on the 12th, and my fiancee has agreed to buy him as my b-day gift.

3rd: Because she's getting him for my birthday, I don't have to flip some of my collection to afford him.

I couldn't be more happier than this day. :chew :chew :chew :chew

i wonder how much this piece will go up in value. i want one so bad, but i have limited funds so i have to wait until after Captain America comes in. you think i'll be able to find a green one for a good price in march???

hairlesswookiee said:
i wonder how much this piece will go up in value. i want one so bad, but i have limited funds so i have to wait until after Captain America comes in. you think i'll be able to find a green one for a good price in march???

Cap was a 2 per customer exclusive.. I expect the flood to last a long time on this one on Ebay.. I would get HULK now and Cap later.. my .02

hairlesswookiee said:

Personally I wouldn't let anything get in the way of owning an exclusive Cap as soon as possible, but I will have to agree with Bodie. I think the aftermarket prices of the Hulk (even the Green) will be *much* higher than Cap.

crap!!! i guess i could use my monthly financial aid that comes on the first, but Captain America exclusive will mean 100x more to me than the Hulk.... i guess i could try to swing both of them.. if i knew 100% when the captain was shipping, but since it still says second quarter im scared that i'll get a shipping notice before i get some of the money recovered from the Hulk splurge.... man, my new year's resolution was to start saving money. :monkey2

~~~anyone know if any dealers still have him listed???

hairlesswookiee said:
~~~anyone know if any dealers still have him listed???
All the dealers I'm aware of have sold out. SolidLiquidFox might know otherwise. I'd recommend getting on the Wait List with SS before paying anything higher than retail right now. As far as I know even recent reservations are still being converted into orders.

I wasn't planning on keeping the Hulk either. I'm probably going to have to sell a number of collectibles to make it feasible. If saving money was your goal you might want to consider doing the same.

Khev said:
I wasn't planning on keeping the Hulk either. I'm probably going to have to sell a number of collectibles to make it feasible. If saving money was your goal you might want to consider doing the same.

Good move buddy. Sell some stuff and get both if you can. :cool:

Back