Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's not great, but not bad. And really it's a far cry better than what DCD or DC Collectibles would produce. My guess is the fully sculpted is quite a bit faster and cheaper for Sideshow to produce so now that it qualifies a PF, folks should get used to seeing a lot more of it. It's actually not a huge deal to me for comic characters especially if it keeps the price down. I do prefer mixed media for movie characters though.

I think the gloss doesn't look as bad as I thought - but now that I've seen the pose I really dislike it. Since he's not "flying" he's leaning way too far forward. I also think the artist has never thrown a punch before, his left hand is really weird.

I agree.:goodpost:

I was hoping to build a 1:4 Justice League so he's kind of a must.

I had the same thought myself, I thought it would be pretty neat to have the entire JL collection. But do I really want to get a piece that I'm not in love with, just to complete a collection? And at an average price of $350/ea, the JL would cost minimum $2,450 plus shipping. That's a steep price to be a completist. I'll be more than happy with the Holy Trinity.

I like the look without the ex fist. They need to put the symbol on his ring. Even my mattel figure has that. He's gonna look great next to Wolverine lsf. The leaning bros.

The one without the big green fist looks better than one with the big green fist. If it was a "regular" statue for a few $200 or so, I think I'd buy one.

But it's a premium format figure, costs $350 and should go with the premium format Batman and Superman pieces. But it doesn't have any mixed media I see, is expensive and doesn't go with the Batman and Superman PFs. So I'll be passing on this one.

I've got the DCD "museum quality" version of Green Lantern, which compares favorably with the SSC PF, is mixed media, is cheaper and fits perfectly with the SSC Batman and Superman PFs, so my Justice League has the Green Lantern it needs. The DCD piece also has a better head sculpt (looks more like Hal) and the head and legs are in scale with the body.

Last edited:
I bet that's a Tony C sculpt. I don't think there's anything wrong with his overall proportions, but there's a certain awkwardness to it, and there's also Cipriano's trademark unnatural tiptoeing on both feet, which I detest.

I think perhaps the statue would have had a more natural flow to it if they had connected him to the base in a flying stance.

That said, I find it a nice Hal from the front view and I think I'll be getting the reg - the construct detracts from it imo.

Again, I don't hate it. The pose does looks unnatural. It is definitely 1/4 scale, based off of the prototype. It does look much better in person, but still.

Never was a big GL fan, so I'm not exactly broken up about not purchasing it.

I bet that's a Tony C sculpt. I don't think there's anything wrong with his overall proportions, but there's a certain awkwardness to it, and there's also Cipriano's trademark unnatural tiptoeing on both feet, which I detest.

I think perhaps the statue would have had a more natural flow to it if they had connected him to the base in a flying stance.

That said, I find it a nice Hal from the front view and I think I'll be getting the reg - the construct detracts from it imo.

If this turns out to be true then it explains why it like it so much. I love Tony C's sculpts. :rock

This head sculpt captures Hal Jordan perfectly. The DCD head sculpt is decent but this one is the gold standard. :lecture

The poor GL franchise just keeps getting the shaft over and over. If it's not a lame movie, it's a lame statue and lame figures.

I seriously hope the negativity over this figure doesn't somehow convince Sideshow that people don't like GL so they don't make other characters into statues in the future.

If this turns out to be true then it explains why it like it so much. I love Tony C's sculpts. :rock

This head sculpt captures Hal Jordan perfectly. The DCD head sculpt is decent but this one is the gold standard. :lecture

Really? Tony C's sculpt on both the EXs heads of Bucky & Cyclops was just god awful. He is so inconsistent with sculpting teeth.

Alot of people are being very negative about this one. I like it personally, the paintjob, the sculpt, the stylization, the base, almost everything. The pose is a bit unnatural but cool still. I just take the statue for itself and try not to compare it to the other ones being released.

Really? Tony C's sculpt on both the EXs heads of Bucky & Cyclops was just god awful. He is so inconsistent with sculpting teeth.

Yup. I like both those head sculpts. Cyke's head is a little off (even to me), but I think it is because the sculpt had to accommodate the light up feature inside it.

I learned a long time ago to not listen to people's opinion, I will wait to see it in person to make my final decision. But as or right now I'll get it :rock

I dont get it. maybe its me, but to the people saying the face doesnt look like Hal. I think it looks exactly like EVS art.

ethan-van-sciver-green-lantern-1.jpg

Back