Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to watch "All Hail The King" Marvel short on the Thor: The Dark World disc. There is noooo way they messed up on the Mandarin :D

I watched it, but as of right now, the two Mandarins depicted in that film are the only ones we know about. We don’t know anything about the real Mandarin yet.

It was a funny one-shot but It's not like they showed a new and better Mandarin that erased the Iron Man 3 bait-and-switch. They basically just said "sorry, we may have another go with Mandarin in future, and if people don't like it we can do another realer one after that"

I haven't seen the short yet, but it seems to fit under the heading of damage control. Ultimately, what's the bottom line? We still don't have a true Mandarin. How powerful could he possibly be if he allowed these pretenders to carry on for so long under his name? I hate having to hold out for yet another attempt to get the "real" one on screen, but the final verdict will have to wait until then.

I'll give them 3 years to pull something together. Otherwise, this was just pillow talk.

You need to watch "All Hail The King" Marvel short on the Thor: The Dark World disc. There is noooo way they messed up on the Mandarin :D

Too many people won't admit IM3 was too difficult for them to understand. Mandarin wasn't in IM3. That's something that was fairly obvious with the first viewing. :lol

It was a funny one-shot but It's not like they showed a new and better Mandarin that erased the Iron Man 3 bait-and-switch. They basically just said "sorry, we may have another go with Mandarin in future, and if people don't like it we can do another realer one after that"

Guess they wanna fix their mistake maybe that shut some people up.

They could be holding the "real" Mandarin back until Dr. Strange makes the scene. It's obvious from Avengers that the world they live in was unaware of alien life before the battle of New York. They may want to let that sink in before introducing the supernatural/magic realm. Once Dr. Strange is introduced, a more comic accurate Mandarin would seem more acceptable, magic power rings and all.

Too many people won't admit IM3 was too difficult for them to understand. Mandarin wasn't in IM3. That's something that was fairly obvious with the first viewing. :lol

I actually noticed it too. I was thinking, well, I don't think Killian started up the 10 Rings and the Mandarin to get back at Tony, all the stuff they did to him in IM1 and flying Whiplash to Monaco in IM2... It was like, we could've skipped those 2 movies if that was the case.

They could be holding the "real" Mandarin back until Dr. Strange makes the scene. It's obvious from Avengers that the world they live in was unaware of alien life before the battle of New York. They may want to let that sink in before introducing the supernatural/magic realm. Once Dr. Strange is introduced, a more comic accurate Mandarin would seem more acceptable, magic power rings and all.

I recalled the Mandarin uses his rings based on alien tech??? So maybe after Guardians and Dr. Strange they can build upon it?

I think it's great they backtracked on the Mandarin twist. The first and second movies showed that the 10 Rings organization does exist and certainly not run by Killian, so that door was wide open. However it'll be a LONG while until Marvel decides to incorporate the real Mandarin into a film. It's just too confusing for the average moviegoer to have seen a fake Mandarin and then have to deal with the real one a few years later, and I doubt the average viewer watches the one-shots. Plus there's no plans for a solo IM movie in Phase 3 and it sounds like Thanos is likely to be the main villain in A3.

Marvel could use AoS or their upcoming Netflix shows to feature the real Mandarin as a baddie but not having Stark there doesn't feel like it does the appearance justice.

I'm kind of over the Mandarin at this point. What other villains can they give us that either haven't been done or aren't connected to The Mandarin?

the fact that Marvel Studios listened to the backlash of fans about the internet on many forums gives them a pass in my book. how many people have constanly complained about Fox produced comic films and Fox still hasnt tried to change anything to make it comic book accurate

I actually noticed it too. I was thinking, well, I don't think Killian started up the 10 Rings and the Mandarin to get back at Tony, all the stuff they did to him in IM1 and flying Whiplash to Monaco in IM2... It was like, we could've skipped those 2 movies if that was the case.

:exactly:
Killian's "admission" seemed more out of frustration with Tony's preoccupation with the Mandarin, not giving Killian the respect of being the least bit formidable. :lol

the fact that Marvel Studios listened to the backlash of fans about the internet on many forums gives them a pass in my book. how many people have constanly complained about Fox produced comic films and Fox still hasnt tried to change anything to make it comic book accurate

Yea we are still getting black Xmen suits wouldn't be surprised if the villains have trench coats on .

This is a good point. Much like Sony responding to fans criticism of the ASM suit, they respond with what is arguably the best Spider suit probably seen on screen. At least these companies are willing to attempt to give fans what they want, whereas Fox seems hellbent on just proving they can keep pushing out movies as long as they have loved characters. The funny thing is, if you read enough interviews by Fox executives, they talk like they want to do exactly what fans are interested in. :lol

Trevor sure was a great fake Mandarin though.

Trevor Slattery is on my short list of top supporting characters. Its too bad he wasn't doubling for a "real" Mandarin, because he "as a character" seems to get an awful lot of backlash for Killian being a lame *** Mandarin.

It would be great if they want to do a "real" mandarin, if he were already in the states as a huge corporate head. Basically the evil version of Stark, and yes, I favor the X-Men version of Mandarin who turned Betsy into the modern version of Psylocke.

A Mandarin Lex Luthor is a great idea. :lol

Worked for me. :lol
1989+Acts+of+Vengeance+55.jpg

Marvel used a 20 minute short to undo its Mandarin mistake. Brian Singer has to do two whole films to undo X3.

Back