Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good review man. All it has to do is be fun to watch and keep the gravy train rolling. I don't need or want it to be better than Avengers, that honor I reserve for Age of Ultron and I hope this crew gets a piece of the action in Avenger 3. Seeing this tomorrow as soon as I can.

The more I see, the more I can't help but think the Comic-Con footage for Age of Ultron will be the stinger. I don't think I've ever heard of a Marvel movie having such secrecy when it comes to an after-credits sequence.

Wasn't it reported months ago that GotG had nothing to do with Thanos? Filthy liars.

Whoever sees the post credits first please don't spoil them. But just post if one is the sdcc footage please.

I'll be watching it 8:30 pm uk time tomorrow :) and again at 11:30 am the next day :D

I had read a lot of comments on the internet about this being the best Marvel movie ever, and better than The Avengers.
I think it's unfair to compare it to The Avengers, because that movie tied so much together.
Avengers wasn't a movie, it was a big action show with some lame humor. It downgraded characters from previous movies in favour of SHIELD agents. GotG easily beats the living hell out of Urth Mitiezd Hiroz in terms of creating a team, not to mention that all characters are 'brand new'.

For me, there were no "moments" in this movie. The Avengers had SO many moments...
Again, that's all Avengers has - cool stuff happening.

While there were plenty of laughs, I was surprised there weren't more. From the previews this looked like it was going to be a REALLY funny movie.
Hmm... I laughed my ass off with the entire theater. Definitely the most hilarious MCU movie yet.

I'm dead center of the back row
That's the best spot for imax!

Seeing this friday night in Imax. Sadly my theater doesn't have reserve seating so I'm forced to have to wait in line for over an hour to get good seats. Really looking forward to it.

This is the seating for my cinema, only the center 3 rows can be booked, but they are more comfortable and you can put your feet up :D
Capture.JPG

If you hate the Avengers like this guy, then I suppose there is a good chance that you'll like GotG more.

And I would most definitely not say that our theater was "laughing our asses off". Laughing for sure, but this movie did not get any big reactions from our crowd. Which by the way, wasn't even full. There were probably at least 15 empty seats (it was a free screening).

Also, I've seen the movie and seen the SDCC Ultron footage. The footage shown at SDCC wouldn't go with GotG at all. It's definitely something else in the post credits (which we were not shown because it was an advanced screening). It may tie in to Ultron somehow, but it's not the SDCC footage.

Avengers wasn't a movie, it was a big action show with some lame humor. It downgraded characters from previous movies in favour of SHIELD agents. GotG easily beats the living hell out of Urth Mitiezd Hiroz in terms of creating a team, not to mention that all characters are 'brand new'.

Again, that's all Avengers has - cool stuff happening.

Hmm... I laughed my ass off with the entire theater. Definitely the most hilarious MCU movie yet.

Back