Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just have no idea if I'm suppose to take this movie seriously or not. And I think that will be the film's biggest hurdle to the general public. We've come to expect a certain thing from a Marvel movie and this is by far the oddest, most obscure movie from them yet. I have no idea if it will bomb or be a wild success at this point :lol
Seems to be going for the Iron Man-type vibe to me--has a dramatic/action core, but lots of humor, wit, and silliness surrounding that. And I personally enjoyed those films, but YMMV.

Well, either you immediately buy into a racoon space smuggler or you don't. :lol

I'm just really curious where Marvel is heading with them.

A Racoon with weapons and Wolverine's costume (his facial hair color represents Wolverine's mask for me) has to be one of the most memorable characters ever created for print or the movie screen.

I get so many good vibes from this trailer. Ice Pirates, Buckaroo Bonzai, that old Star Frontiers rpg. Right now this is my #3 most anticipated film behind Winter Soldier and There and Back Again. Moreso even than Avengers 2 and Episode VII!!! Hope it's great!

Hey now. Buckaroo Bonzai sets a pretty high ****ing standard. Be careful throwing around those kinds of comparisons Khev, or you're bound to be disappointed.

True. :lol

So if I'm reading the responses correctly so far the consensus seems to be:

People with souls: "Trailer looked great!"

ASM/MOS/DOFP/SSC Destro apologists: "Meh. Looked too entertaining. Pass."

:monkey3

LOL

I was going to post something snarky about people who "get" stuff like Big Trouble in Little China and Buckaroo Bonzai probably "getting" this, while Warner Brothers can appeal to everyone else with their Green Lantern-/Tyler Perry-type humor. But I'm above that, so I didn't post it. Oh, wait. . .dammit. . .

LOL

I was going to post something snarky about people who "get" stuff like Big Trouble in Little China and Buckaroo Bonzai probably "getting" this, while Warner Brothers can appeal to everyone else with their Green Lantern-/Tyler Perry-type humor. But I'm above that, so I didn't post it. Oh, wait. . .dammit. . .

Not enough tin foil for you?

:lol :lol :lol

EP. II: Attack of the Mods!

LOL

I figured I could make that joke since I actually do like MoS despite my constantly making fun of it. :D I've got to imagine it is another punch in the gut to fans of WB's floundering DC universe though. Marvel can just seem to do no wrong these days.

"What a bunch of A-holes" should be the tagline on the movie poster. :lol

I can totaly see people with strict moral codes being upset with Marvel adding a middle finger gesture and "A-hole" vulgarity into their cinematic universe. :lol

I can totaly see people with strict moral codes being upset with Marvel adding a middle finger gesture and "A-hole" vulgarity into their cinematic universe. :lol
I love that attitude. Obviously, it isn't going to be appealing to 8 year olds in the way that Avengers might, but at least it's a fun kind of vulgarity. . .and not the brutally violent and depressing vulgarity of Man of Steel, which can really stick with a kid in a negative way. I wouldn't let a kid under 10 see Man of Steel, and that still is the part that kills me the most about that damn movie, because Superman is a character FOR KIDS. Sorry, don't mean to start dragging another thread off-topic, but it's hard for me not to get worked up about how bad they screwed that one up in my mind. I loved that character so damn much when I was a youngster.

Back