Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like kids today don't have quotable action comedies. I remember laughing on the playground about lines from Ghostbusters and Ice Pirates ("yes it is true, this man has no ****" :lol) and quoting Big Trouble in Little China and Hudson's lines from ALIENS in junior high. Hopefully GotG will be more of the same (hell it already pretty much is after just the trailer.) But yeah, its pretty much the antithesis of slit-your-wrists Goyer joylessness.

Last edited:
It's funny how protectful parents are these days and that it is the exact reason why their kids growing into pussys with bad attitude.
So you're criticizing others for having a bad attitude :lol

I do think it's true though, that political correctness today is pretty bad compared to what it was. Monster Squad, Goonies, Ghostbusters--all that stuff was great as an '80s kid. Today? Forget seeing stuff like that.

What a great introduction to the characters and style of the film. Next trailer should be about the story, pretty sure this is just to get people thinking about the film

So you're criticizing others for having a bad attitude :lol
tumblr_mpcylrz5jK1qcz7y8o1_250.gif

I do think it's true though, that political correctness today is pretty bad compared to what it was.
Monster Squad, Goonies, Ghostbusters - all that was great as an '80s kid. Today? Forget seeing stuff like that.
Yeeeeeeeeep.
Glad I had a chance to be scared to death while watching kids adventure movies.

its pretty much the antithesis of slit-your-wrists Goyer joylessness.

Exactly why I am going to love it.

I cannot stand comic book movies that take themselves too seriously and that get bogged down with trying to be grounded in reality, I only managed to get through 2 of the ones Goyer wrote as I found them so morose.

Guardians looks like being great fun, just like all good comic book movies should be.

I can totaly see people with strict moral codes being upset with Marvel adding a middle finger gesture and "A-hole" vulgarity into their cinematic universe. :lol
I dunno, honestly, look at the bible. It's chalk full of incest, genocide, bestiality, murder and God's chosen, dancing naked in celebration. One has to just laugh at the hypocricy of blind devotion to that, and being offended at little words and gestures.

It's funny how protectful parents are these days and that it is the exact reason why their kids growing into pussys with a bad attitude.

Both overprotective parents and those who have kids yet feel anybody but themselves should be responsible for them.

I'm sold. Loved the Raiders homage at the beginning. And, any trailer that has the nerve to blast Blue Swede's Hooked On A Feeling holds the key to my heart.

no idea what that is.. never heard about it.. but hell the trailer was fun and looks great ! :)

I dunno, honestly, look at the bible. It's chalk full of incest, genocide, bestiality, murder and God's chosen, dancing naked in celebration. One has to just laugh at the hypocricy of blind devotion to that, and being offended at little words and gestures.

Right, because presenting sin as an example of "what not to do" vs. presenting it as entertainment is EXACTLY the same thing. :duh

Anyway, I have a strict moral code, and yeah, I laughed at GotG. I'm not saying that I should have laughed, but I did. ;)

Yeeeeeeeeep.
Glad I had a chance to be scared to death while watching kids adventure movies.

Remember TOD and Gremlins? :lol

Come to think of it, maybe that's what Goyer was going for. But even TOD and Gremlins had an optimistic heart and charm as a main part of the narrative.

i like what there doing at first it looks like all serious then boom ice breaker . wait for the next few months and newTrailer hoping they show Star-lord Elemental Gun in action and some hardcore full action scene .:panic:

Right, because presenting sin as an example of "what not to do" vs. presenting it as entertainment is EXACTLY the same thing. :duh

Anyway, I have a strict moral code, and yeah, I laughed at GotG. I'm not saying that I should have laughed, but I did. ;)

I just find it funny that some are berating a film for behavior they've partaken in, and likely will again. And if I recall, David's dancing to the point his gentiles were flashing wasn't regarded as a sin.

Who cares, I need all of them from HT! Like... NOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

Srsly I'll buy the hell out of this license since this is as close as you can get to Gunnness on the shelf.

Re: Article: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy

So people are actually UPSET that the teaser trailer didn't reveal much plot...? Seriously?

Looks awesome. Gunn is awesome. Pratt is my man-crush so I'm game. Looking forward to the full Rocket Raccoon reveal. I just hope they don't show too much of him (ala Batman in the Lego movie trailers).

Re: Article: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy

So people are actually UPSET that the teaser trailer didn't reveal much plot...? Seriously?

Looks awesome. Gunn is awesome. Pratt is my man-crush so I'm game. Looking forward to the full Rocket Raccoon reveal. I just hope they don't show too much of him (ala Batman in the Lego movie trailers).

I believe thats one of the reasons why DOFP’s trailer was condemned on here.

its the same feeling after seeing the first trailer of iron man 1st movie :rotfl. i think it will top iron man, thor and cap movie well just my 2 cents. :panic:

Back