Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up a SCAR 16 a couple of days ago. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

DSCI0407-1.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up a SCAR 16 a couple of days ago. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

DSCI0407-1.jpg

Glad to see this posted. I was looking at these in Phoenix a few days ago. And I almost bought one. But two things stopped me.

The weapon looked bulky. Like it would not rest well in a shooting position if there was anything more than a shirt between the shooter and the weapon (as in a tactical vest with ammunition or some other equipment).

Also, the hinged stock. It looks so big and heavy in person, that it seems that it would throw off the balance of the weapon if it were to be used in the folded configuration.

Now, it seems to me that these things would have been obvious and considered during the engineering of the weapon, but on occasion...some aspects are sacrificed for the sake of others.

Glad to see this posted. I was looking at these in Phoenix a few days ago. And I almost bought one. But two things stopped me.

The weapon looked bulky. Like it would not rest well in a shooting position if there was anything more than a shirt between the shooter and the weapon (as in a tactical vest with ammunition or some other equipment).

Also, the hinged stock. It looks so big and heavy in person, that it seems that it would throw off the balance of the weapon if it were to be used in the folded configuration.

Now, it seems to me that these things would have been obvious and considered during the engineering of the weapon, but on occasion...some aspects are sacrificed for the sake of others.

Actually it has a nice weight to it, I was really surprised at how light it was compared to my M4. The length of the stock is adjustable and is full collapsed in the pic above. I haven't had a chance to put any rounds through it yet, plan on doing that later in the week.

The stock itself is really light and in the folded position doesn't make much of a difference balance wise. I don't plan on using it with the stock folded.

I have been wanting to get one of these for a while and I spoke with a guy that works with me that has one and he loves it. He also recommended the 7.62 version but the place I got mine from only had the 5.56 in stock. Still don't understand why it only comes with a single 30 round mag for the price. :gah:

Youve come up with all that just by LOOKING at a SCAR? damn your eyes do you no good service. The Scar is one of the finest assault rifles ever made to date in both functionality in real world ops and for civilian use. Do yourself a favor and pick one up before you pass judgement.

I wouldn't mind getting one of the Scar and/or the ACR, but definitely not until the prices drop. You should try to find a range that has one you can rent and shoot before coming to a final conclusion.

Youve come up with all that just by LOOKING at a SCAR? damn your eyes do you no good service. The Scar is one of the finest assault rifles ever made to date in both functionality in real world ops and for civilian use. Do yourself a favor and pick one up before you pass judgement.

Hmmm...seems to me that taking advice from you is not a smart thing to do. Buying a 2700.00 rifle before I do my homework seems like bad advice to me. I'll handle my own business in that area as it seems your insight is lacking there.

:)

Edit - And by the way, Leatherneck, thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Picked her up last night on my way home from work. Have ammo en route so I can hit the range on Saturday.

14ukrpx.jpg

I have a friend who owns that FN and I must say that it shots like a 22lr. We were able to hit milk jugs with ease 100 yards down range. It's sick how much fun that gun is to shoot. The ammo is hard to find at a good deal though so I would buy bulk if I were you. Good choice!!

Hey freaks I wanted your input on getting a .45acp. Im looking at a HK45, XDM45, Glock21 gen 4 or a SA 1911 mil spec. Anyone who owns them I would appreciate your input. I dont want to rent any and they all feel good in my hands. Thanks.

Hey freaks I wanted your input on getting a .45acp. Im looking at a HK45, XDM45, Glock21 gen 4 or a SA 1911 mil spec. Anyone who owns them I would appreciate your input. I dont want to rent any and they all feel good in my hands. Thanks.

not that the others are bad by any means, but the 1911 is a tried and true man-stopper. It takes some training to get used to the size of the gun if you are not familiar with it, but truly a great gun.

not that the others are bad by any means, but the 1911 is a tried and true man-stopper. It takes some training to get used to the size of the gun if you are not familiar with it, but truly a great gun.

That's a reason why I want one, but is it a type of pistol to have when S H T F?

I was looking at a SA 1911 mil spec stainless steel for $780 here locally. Is that a fair price? What other brand/models do you guys recommend?

One reason why I'm also looking at a glock 21 gen4 is because I can get it for $517 military discount.

Back