Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all about preference and how it feels in your hand. I have a kimber and it has been the best gun I've ever had. If the SA 1911 works for you, I'd say go for it.

personally, I've never liked glocks, but again, just my preference.

IMG_0083.jpg
[/IMG]

It's all about preference and how it feels in your hand. I have a kimber and it has been the best gun I've ever had. If the SA 1911 works for you, I'd say go for it.

personally, I've never liked glocks, but again, just my preference.

IMG_0083.jpg
[/IMG]

Nice kimber you got there, right now I'm convincing my boss to sell his brand new HK45 to me, that is my first choice. I think for around $800, if not a LGS has one for $970. I will research more on other 1911.

To be honest I was never a glock fan too until I was shopping for a 9mm and check out reviews and held them.

I know you get what you pay for but I know I'll get a few .45 but deciding which one first.

Okay I just made another trip to the toy shop and may just drop $2k for both HK45 and SA 1911 Loaded model. $1000 for the HK and $830 for the SA, so after tax should be around $1900. Any thoughts or suggestions on this? Since this will be a big purchase I'm all ears to any comments.

Okay I just made another trip to the toy shop and may just drop $2k for both HK45 and SA 1911 Loaded model. $1000 for the HK and $830 for the SA, so after tax should be around $1900. Any thoughts or suggestions on this? Since this will be a big purchase I'm all ears to any comments.

Sounds like you have the best of both worlds a HK and a SA 1911, IMO can't go wrong with either one.

I would personally go for a HK45c instead of the full size. I hear nothing but great things about the HK45 platform. Google Larry Vickers + HK45 torture test, 50,000 rounds and still going strong.

I have a USPc .45, and it's a tack driver.

Sounds like you have the best of both worlds a HK and a SA 1911, IMO can't go wrong with either one.

I would personally go for a HK45c instead of the full size. I hear nothing but great things about the HK45 platform. Google Larry Vickers + HK45 torture test, 50,000 rounds and still going strong.

I have a USPc .45, and it's a tack driver.

I been wanting a HK45 for a while now and read all kinds of reviews including Larry Vickers, he was also the one that led me getting a DDM4 lol

I also came across a remanufactured HK USP45 for $600. Was real tempted but 2 things besides being remanufactured by HK strayed me away, one is the grip is a little more bulkier than the HK45 and second its a DA only.

It's hard to come across a HK45 locally, I didn't even come across a HK45c. But I really want a full size and it felt nice holding it.

I been wanting a HK45 for a while now and read all kinds of reviews including Larry Vickers, he was also the one that led me getting a DDM4 lol

I also came across a remanufactured HK USP45 for $600. Was real tempted but 2 things besides being remanufactured by HK strayed me away, one is the grip is a little more bulkier than the HK45 and second its a DA only.

It's hard to come across a HK45 locally, I didn't even come across a HK45c. But I really want a full size and it felt nice holding it.

The USP full size is pretty large (nothing compared to a Mark 23). Yeah stick with the HK45, it has all the best features of the USP series, o-ring'ed barrel, non-glint top slide, better ergonomics, in a sleeker package.

Where are you located? I know of slightly used HK45c in So Cal for a very good price. If it wasn't that I picked up a OD Glock 19, and SA MC Operator last month I would be all over it like flies on $#!+.

The USP full size is pretty large (nothing compared to a Mark 23). Yeah stick with the HK45, it has all the best features of the USP series, o-ring'ed barrel, non-glint top slide, better ergonomics, in a sleeker package.

Where are you located? I know of slightly used HK45c in So Cal for a very good price. If it wasn't that I picked up a OD Glock 19, and SA MC Operator last month I would be all over it like flies on $#!+.

I'm in Hawaii, so prices are a bit higher. I also just picked up a Glock 19 gen4, now I'm in the market for .45s. Nice, you got a operator. Is it worth the $$$?

I'm in Hawaii, so prices are a bit higher. I also just picked up a Glock 19 gen4, now I'm in the market for .45s. Nice, you got a operator. Is it worth the $$$?

I picked up the Operator slightly used, and got it for a good price. It is my first 1911, and absolutely love it! I now see why people fall in love with 1911's.

I believe the Operator's are slightly upgraded Loaded models (match trigger, barrel/bushing). $500 difference between a Operator or Loaded is up to the end user. I'm sure for novice shooters like me who just shoots for fun, would see very little to no difference with "Match" parts. 500 bucks can get you about 1500 rds of .45 ammo online to feed both of your .45's.:gun

I think the Loaded is good enough for me, can't believe the salesman tried to sell me the TRP, I admit it's nice but I could have a Loaded plus another pistol.

I went to another gun shop to feel a usp compact, the only one they had was a usp40c. But still I like the feel of the HK45 more, I would like to get a hold of how the hk45c feels.

Update: just purchased the HK45 and SA 1911 Loaded...now the long process. They also had the HK45c but I didn't like the feel of it. They had 2 HK45 instock and one was made in Germany with the markings and the other in the USA. I got the one made in Germany :yess: as for my SA, I got the serial # with just "N" they didn't have the "NM"
391aa67a.jpg

Congrats, beautiful pistols there.:monkey5

Kraut made HK's whenever possible. Does the "N" mean assembled in Brazil? Whether assembled in the U.S. or Brazil SA 1911's rock.

Congrats, beautiful pistols there.:monkey5

Kraut made HK's whenever possible. Does the "N" mean assembled in Brazil? Whether assembled in the U.S. or Brazil SA 1911's rock.

Thanks man! :rock
N=Assembled in Brazil
NA=Majority Assembled in USA

Operator and up is NA and Loaded and below is a mix of N and NA. And I agree whether USA or Brazil still badass, plus SA backs it up with a lifetime warranty, so does HK.

Thanks man! :rock
N=Assembled in Brazil
NA=Majority Assembled in USA

Operator and up is NA and Loaded and below is a mix of N and NA. And I agree whether USA or Brazil still badass, plus SA backs it up with a lifetime warranty, so does HK.

That is one of the major selling points to buying SA, is the lifetime warranty. They warranty their products for life, regardless if your the original owner, 2nd, 3rd, etc. I mean how many manufacturers do that nowaydays?

That is one of the major selling points to buying SA, is the lifetime warranty. They warranty their products for life, regardless if your the original owner, 2nd, 3rd, etc. I mean how many manufacturers do that nowaydays?

:exactly:
My next purchases that won't be for a while will be a AK47, Saiga12, a six shooter and a .308

Update: just purchased the HK45 and SA 1911 Loaded...now the long process. They also had the HK45c but I didn't like the feel of it. They had 2 HK45 instock and one was made in Germany with the markings and the other in the USA. I got the one made in Germany :yess: as for my SA, I got the serial # with just "N" they didn't have the "NM"
391aa67a.jpg

that HK looks sweet....how does it shoot? How is the trigger?

Back