Han in Carbonite 1/6!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised it took SS so long to come out with this. I was worried we weren't going to get it.

I think they knew they needed to move on from Jabba for a little bit, but I too feared it wouldn't happen, though I badly wanted to see them do it.

As far as lights, even if the panel lights on the wall and carbonite don't light, if there's an overhang to the wall part of the environment with a spotlight over Han like in the movie, that'll be enough for me, other lights will be icing on the cake, but since we're getting a wall for Han too, I really want it to have the light to recreate the look, even if it's just a spotlight over the carbonite and not the lights over the wall, at least that one will complete the look.

When Hasbro came out with their Han in the mid-90s, I created the wall area out of legos and even rigged an overhang so if I put a flashlight on it, it'd come through like in the movie, looked awesome, had a lot of fun doing that.

I have a feeling this piece may be comparable in price to the Belloq figure. I think the regular will be just the carbonite block and the exclusive will include the wall to hitch the block up to. I would bet anything there are lights involved on both sections.

reg $89.99 ex. $129.99

I am sticking by those numbers.

If this comes with the wall, my guess is we did be getting partial of the flooring too. I can't picture this being a flat slap that would topple easily.

Or maybe we might have L-shaped brackets that would make this piece stand.

Last edited:
This looks great....But I'm hoping SS doesn't price it crazy like the Throne. I know there were talks about how the throne could have been cheaper, and I just don't wan't the Han in Carbonite to be 150-200 that will really tun me off on a really cool "figure".

Jiz.

This is awesome. Personally, unless they can make the electronics A+ then I'd rather it not.

Just nice quality polystone and I'll be happy. Last thing I want is something with cheap electronics that stop working in a year or sacrifice quality of materials to allow for casing of the electronics. That piece of crap Sideous Holo is a prime example. If they scrapped the glow effect and made the chair itself polystone that piece would be 1000x better.

I have to agree, I don't see this thing significantly cheaper than Jabba's throne. Certainly, no where near $50. Look how much the Indy pedastal is. If the block is polystone its going to be huge and heavy plus a background!

Pix might be onto something regarding the background being the exclusive piece. Works for me.

No 12" figure has had lights so far so I'm not getting my hopes up. But this piece is different and I don't think it'd be that hard to incorporate them in.

I was actually thinking of taking down my Jabba display for a while because I was getting tired of looking at the same old stuff but I think this might keep it out for a while.

I don't think the Holo Sidious LED had anything to do with it's problems, they opted to make the legs articulated, that's where the problem came. If they chose a pose for the legs and made it stiff poly, the piece would have been fine. LED's can be used in this piece and not hurt the quality.

If they do make it a slab with Ex. background element, I HAVE to get the Ex.

I have a feeling this piece may be comparable in price to the Belloq figure. I think the regular will be just the carbonite block and the exclusive will include the wall to hitch the block up to.

Not a bad guess, I think I would be ok with that.

I don't think the Holo Sidious LED had anything to do with it's problems, they opted to make the legs articulated, that's where the problem came. If they chose a pose for the legs and made it stiff poly, the piece would have been fine. LED's can be used in this piece and not hurt the quality.

If they do make it a slab with Ex. background element, I HAVE to get the Ex.

If the wall is the Exc. (as pix hints at) then yes, the Exclusive will be a must (in similar fashion to the Belloq Exc.).

If there is going to be LEDs, I do hope the on/off switch is kept out of sight. :lol

I thought the switch for Holo Sideous is too visible.

behold!
shelf-livroom-09(hancarb).jpg

here it is on sale! 1% off!
https://www.thetoyfederation.com/xcart/product.php?productid=18675&cat=0&page=1

more pics of it with other Attakus stuff.
https://klinkeaswood.blogspot.com/2007/03/collection-sw-attakus.html

my spider-sense is telling me the SSC version won't be any cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back