Heath Ledger Found Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was astounded to hear of Heath's death. Why? I don't really know.

To see this thread get the responses it has, 400 posts, is also astounding, and it has saddened me to read through some of the pages and read exactly the type of rubbish I have come to expect of the paparazzi. Assumptions and speculations aplenty, with no evidence or reason. It tells me most people can't think for themselves and just ride the band wagon of stupidity and sensationalism.

Someone has just dies, and it's more like crows of a carcass. No respect.

:lecture :lecture

I agree about the Paparazzi crap. The police had pretty much eliminated the assumptions that it was an illegal drug overdose. Then, some ass notices "a rolled up 20 dollar bill" in his room and the Chatty Kathy's are at it again. I have plenty of rolled up cash in my pocket right now. Am I an addict? No, I am just too f'n lazy to put the bills in my wallet. Sometimes, I just don't understand the vulture nature of the media ... RIP Heath.

I just read that investigators have found NO ILLEGAL DRUGS in his apartment and did find 6 prescribed medications he was on (which is not surprising, considering he was having sleeping trouble and pneumonia).

To see this thread get the responses it has, 400 posts, is also astounding, and it has saddened me to read through some of the pages and read exactly the type of rubbish I have come to expect of the paparazzi. Assumptions and speculations aplenty, with no evidence or reason. It tells me most people can't think for themselves and just ride the band wagon of stupidity and sensationalism.

:lecture ..........

Tool - Vicarious said:
Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavor
It happens to be

Like:
"Killed by the husband"
"Drowned by the ocean"
"Shot by his own son"
"She used the poison in his tea
[and / he] kissed [him / her] goodbye"
That's my kind of story
It's no fun til someone dies

Don't look me at like
I am a monster
Frown out your one face
But with the other
Stare like a junkie
Into the TV
Stare like a zombie
While the mother, holds her child
Watches him die
Hands to the sky cryin,
"Why, oh why?"

Cause I need to watch things die
From a distance
Vicariously, I
Live while the whole world dies
You all need it too - don't lie.

Why can't we just admit it?
We won't give pause until the blood is flowin'
Neither the brave nor bold
Will write us the story so
We won't give pause until the blood is flowin'

I need to watch things die
From a good safe distance
Vicariously, I
You all feel the same so

Blood like rain fallin' down
[Drown on grave and ground / ?? ]

Part vampire
Part warrior
Carnivore and voyeur
Stare at the
[transmittal / transmitter]
Sing to the death rattle

La, la, la, la, la, la, la-lie (x4)

Credulous at best
Your desire to believe in
Angels in the hearts of men.
But pull your head on out (of) your MP3's and give a listen
Shouldn't have to say it all again

The universe is hostile
So impersonal
Devour to survive
So it is, so it's always been ...

We all feed on tragedy
It's like blood to a vampire

Vicariously, I
Much better you than I.

I just read that investigators have found NO ILLEGAL DRUGS in his apartment and did find 6 prescribed medications he was on (which is not surprising, considering he was having sleeping trouble and pneumonia).

Also of note: Authorities have stated that most of the prescription bottles were FULL.

People apparently want to have this image of him laying dead with empty bottles and pills everywhere, but those are not the facts.

I liked Ledger, I especially enjoyed Knight's Tale and "10 Things I Hate about You" very much. I find it hard to really mourn the loss though, even though I wish I could. I don't mean to sound cold-hearted or anything about it, but after seeing guys like Brandon Lee, River Phoenix, Kurt Cobain, etc. It has just become nature to accept the results from the Hollywood lifestyle (whether it be drugs, alcohol, stress or just acccidental). It's sad to see any young talented person gone so quickly but to be honest when I first read the news my only real thoughts were "I hope the movie still comes out on time & as intended." Much like with Cobain, I do feel very sorry for the little girl that he left behind.

I'm sure the merchandising will suck now, I doubt they release any Joker items.

I was astounded to hear of Heath's death. Why? I don't really know.

I think one of the worst things I saw yesterday was that show The Insider with Pat O'brien. He said that they had pictures of Michelle Williams and her daughter grieving that you could only see on The Insider. I really hate the media.

I think one of the worst things I saw yesterday was that show The Insider with Pat O'brien. He said that they had pictures of Michelle Williams and her daughter grieving that you could only see on The Insider. I really hate the media.

Ditto. I haven't even watched any TV since the news. My wife was watching one of those shows and I just went to bed and put Doctor Who on my iPod.

Yup, those are the same people who pay Paparazzi/men to sleep in britney's yard, hidden in the bushes. TMZ,IE, ect...they're all scum.

And based on this information, let me be the first to say that I take back all negative comments that were pending the autopsy. Some of the comments I made were rash, but again, were on the premises of what little information we had at the time.

And based on this information, let me be the first to say that I take back all negative comments that were pending the autopsy. Some of the comments I made were rash, but again, were on the premises of what little information we had at the time.

In other words, don't be so quick to jump to conclusions

In other words, don't be so quick to jump to conclusions

I wasn't jumping to any conclusions. I made a statement that I still believe. But I also said I would reserve any real comments or feelings until the results of the autopsy.

Not only that but apparently most of his medication were in full bottles.. so it wasn't even an overdose. I wouldn't be surprised if the cause of death was either his meds got mixed inappropriately or he had some sort of physical condition (like a heart problem) that noone knew about.. like John Ritter.

Not only that but apparently most of his medication were in full bottles.. so it wasn't even an overdose. I wouldn't be surprised if the cause of death was either his meds got mixed inappropriately or he had some sort of physical condition (like a heart problem) that noone knew about.. like John Ritter.

That would be downright frightening if that were the case. My parents and grand parents are on several different meds and it's just scary to think something this bad could happen because of an oversight.

That would be downright frightening if that were the case. My parents and grand parents are on several different meds and it's just scary to think something this bad could happen because of an oversight.

Sadly, this kind of thing happens WAY TOO often. :monkey2:monkey2

Well, if he was sick and the medicine bottles were full, then maybe he died because he failed to take drugs. That would be ironic in light of all the rumors flying around, and maybe it would teach the media a thing or two about knee jerk reactions and assumptions at times like this.

Sadly, this kind of thing happens WAY TOO often. :monkey2:monkey2

yeah it does. My Uncle was prescribed meds that his pharmacist (luckily) caught just in time. But the combination would have put him in a coma at best he told him. He wasn't very happy with his doctor after that.

Well, if he was sick and the medicine bottles were full, then maybe he died because he failed to take drugs. That would be ironic in light of all the rumors flying around, and maybe it would teach the media a thing or two about knee jerk reactions and assumptions at times like this.

I think all the media should issue an apology to his family for all b.s. they have printed about hiim in the last couple days. What ever happened to integrity in reporting....these days of sensationalism and wanting to be the first to report something (whether it be true or not) really makes me want to vomit. At times like this, I really wish the media would respect people's privacy, let them grieve, let the authorities find out what REALLY happened. They turn an absolute tragedy into a 3 ring circus which is just really despicable. I hope they all feel ashamed, but sadly I doubt that any of them care....which is part of the problem to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back