Heath Ledger Found Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your puny chocolate covered malt balls tremble before the might that is THE Whopper:
whopperdt3.png

You know what Whoppers suck? Those Strawberry Shake kind.....Jesus Malou who thought that'd be a good idea....:monkey4

Not a big fan of malted milk in general, although those really huge malted milk balls with about a centimeter of chocolate until you get to the center aren't bad.

Where was Tom Cruise, the self appointed entertainment industry non-pharmacist, when they needed him?

In all seriousness, I know different people have different physio and psychological needs, but I stay away from drugs, both legal and illegal. I've popped maybe 10 asprins in 10 years.

Not saying meds don't have a place, but 99% of my issues (and I do have them) are addressed by changing my habits and activities or the crap I eat, etc.

Here here :duff Medications and drugs of all kinds scare me. I can handle some ibuprofen and aspirin now and then, and had to take prescription strength Benedryl one time for a nut allergy (even though I really didn't want to - Benedryl makes me feel really weird and out of it), but everything else, even Tylenol, scares me. And if you take Tylenol or Aleve and drink alcohol on a regular basis, watch out for your liver! I drink occasionally (but never to the point of sickness) and won't touch either of those medications with a 10-foot pole. Maybe it's a control-freak issue, but I would rather be in control of the substances I put into my body, rather than them being in control of me.

I do think our society relies too heavily on medication to get them through their problems... and yes, it's true that some people really do need it... but mostly not to the extent that they are prescribed. I blame the pharmaceutical companies and the doctors (to a certain extent)... it's easier to prescribe than really work to help someone make lifestyle changes. (Obviously, drugs to treat actual, physical sicknesses... like pneumonia... are different - but they still scare me, especially mixing them without proper guidance.)

Tylenol is scarier than I thought check this out:

Paracetamol (INN) or acetaminophen (USAN) is the active ingredient for many over the counter medications including Tylenol and Panadol, among others. It is considered safe for human use at recommended doses; however, acute overdose can cause fatal liver damage often heightened with use of alcohol, and the number of accidental self-poisonings and suicides has grown in recent years

I remember in High School people drinking a lot a parties and then taking Tylenol PMs in order to get a good night's sleep before a game or a test or something like that.....it scary to think how much Russian Roulette is played unknowingly...

I do think our society relies too heavily on medication to get them through their problems... and yes, it's true that some people really do need it... but mostly not to the extent that they are prescribed. I blame the pharmaceutical companies and the doctors (to a certain extent)... it's easier to prescribe than really work to help someone make lifestyle changes. (Obviously, drugs to treat actual, physical sicknesses... like pneumonia... are different - but they still scare me, especially mixing them without proper guidance.)

I agree. People have gotten too cavalier about their attitudes toward medication, especially with regards to the notion that medicine is the answer to anything that ails you. If you need it, fine. But there are reasons why there are dosage limits and why doctors ask you if you are taking any other medications before they prescribe new ones...because mixing them, even in small doses, can be dangerous. Medication reacts differently from one person to the next.

Ledger's death is sad and what is most tragic is that, if tied to drugs in anyway (accidental or intentional) it could have been avoided. Just because you have the money and means to get whatever you want doesn't mean you should.

I actually quite enjoy the strawberry flavored ones. I had the for the first toime last week and they taste like a strawberry shake. :inlove

Tylenol is scarier than I thought check this out:

I remember in High School people drinking a lot a parties and then taking Tylenol PMs in order to get a good night's sleep before a game or a test or something like that.....it scary to think how much Russian Roulette is played unknowingly...
True, but the key word in that text is acute. People who occasionally take Tylenol for pain relief are in no real danger. It is people who take it in doses that exceed the suggested dose, or take it every day for extended periods of time, that are at risk. But the same can be said of many OTC pain relievers. Advil is my personal wonder drug (aspirin and acetaminophen have never really worked well for me) , but I am not foolish enough to take it in large or sustained doses, unless advised to do so by my physician, who knows every drug that goes into my body (even my multivitamins).

If it is true that he was being treated for pneumonia at the time of his death, I can't help but wonder if Heath's death was the result of his doctor not knowing about (or at least not approving) some other medication he was taking, even if it was an OTC one. As has already been said, the interaction between drugs can be very unpredictable, even when taken in "reasonable" quantities.

Here, here. I have a degree in Psychology and I couldn't agree more. It was always one of the bigger deterents for me getting into the field.

My odd mind just invented the newest hazing ritual: Rx roulette.

Two wheels each with a list of drugs are spun. The two that stop at the pin are taken.

Whoopie!!!!!!!

I liked Heath since "A Knights Tale". I always wanted him to be Anakin Skywalker instead of Christensen.
He was a very talented young actor. I am absolutly shocked about the news about his death.

You know Nolan, Bale, Gyllenhaal are going to get hounded by questions about Ledger at various press junkets for TDK. It's going to be rough.

You know Nolan, Bale, Gyllenhaal are going to get hounded by questions about Ledger at various press junkets for TDK. It's going to be rough.

What about Mary-Kate? She was linked to his supposed drug use yesterday. If I were her I'd be hiding out for a few weeks.

Yes. It was confirmed they have apartments in the same building in a separate residence area but he wasn't found in that building. The connection was the media jumping the gun before getting confirmations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back