Heath Ledger Found Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to what is playing on CNN on TV the Police are reporting an apparent Suicide.....this will be a very different take than an accidental OD

It's very sad indeed but , not to sound heartless, I hope for the sake of fans and the hundreds of other people involved with making TDK that it doesn't affect the release or content of the film.

Last edited:
Re: Sad News!! Heath Ledger found dead :(

NYT.... as previously posted.

From the NYT...

Actor Heath Ledger Is Found Dead
By Sewell Chan

The actor Heath Ledger was found dead this afternoon in an apartment in Manhattan owned by the actress Mary-Kate Olsen, according to the New York City police. Mr. Ledger was 28.

At 3:31 p.m., a masseuse arrived at Apartment 5A in the building, at 421 Broome Street in SoHo, for an appointment with Mr. Ledger, the police said. The masseuse was let in to the home by a housekeeper, who then knocked on the door of Mr. Ledger’s bedroom. When no one answered, the housekeeper and the masseuse opened the bedroom and found Mr. Ledger naked and unconscious on a bed, with pills scattered around his body. They shook him, but he did not respond. They immediately called the authorities.

The police said they did not suspect foul play. The police said they believed Ms. Olsen, 21, was in California and said it was not clear why Mr. Ledger was in her apartment.

Mr. Ledger, a native of Perth, Australia, won acclaim for his role as a co-star in “Brokeback Mountain”, a 2005 film. The film, based on a short story by Annie Proulx about two cowboys who fall in love, won critical acclaim. Reviewing the film in The New York Times, the critic Stephen Holden wrote, “Mr. Ledger magically and mysteriously disappears beneath the skin of his lean, sinewy character. It is a great screen performance, as good as the best of Marlon Brando and Sean Penn.”

Mr. Ledger met the actress Michelle Williams while filming ‘’Brokeback Mountain.” The two actors fell into a romance and moved to Boerum Hill, Brooklyn, where their comings and goings were widely noted by paparazzi. They had a daughter, Matilda Rose, who was born on Oct. 28, 2005. The couple separated last year.

In an interview in London for an article published in November, Mr. Ledger told The New York Times, ‘’I feel like I’m wasting time if I repeat myself.” He said in the interview that he was not proud of his latest role, in Todd Haynes’s “I’m Not There,” in which Mr. Ledger was one of a half-dozen actors depicting the musician Bob Dylan. ‘’I feel the same way about everything I do. The day I say, ‘It’s good’ is the day I should start doing something else,” said in the interview.

Calls by The Times to Mara Buxbaum, a publicist for Mr. Ledger, and Steve Alexander, the actor’s agent, were not immediately returned this afternoon.

This is a personal opinion that might offend some, but I think famous people with drug problems are really celebrated and glorified.

Winehouse, Cobain, Lohan, etc. The industry needs to blacklist them rather than reward the behavior with more roles, record deals, etc.

Cobain never glorified his addiction . . .

The other 2 are scabs on our society that revel in their excess . . .

If you ever needed an excuse to hate one of the Olsen twins: Ledger was found dead in Mary Kate's apartment.

DarthNeil might be right about Mary Kate Olsen's apartment. It sounds like the AP got it wrong.....

According to the reporter from the NY Times on CNN right now he was quoted as taking Ambien for sleeping issues over playing the Joker in TDK, saying that it bothered him about the unredeeming social aspects and qualities of that character and how easy it was for him to transition to it. He was quoted as saying he was so disturbed that he was sleeping only 2 hours a night before the pills....

It's very sad indeed but , not to sound heartless, I hope for the sake of fans and the hundreds of other people involved with making TDK that it doesn't affect the release or content of the film.

Who knows? If the Joker was originally going to survive TDK for the 3rd movie maybe they'll change that now. If I were Nolan I wouldn't want to recast the role for a third film.

Warner is going to have a very hard time continuing the marketing for this movie. (Why So Serious?) I really hope that The Joker survives the film, as I don't want to see Ledger die on screen now.

Cobain never glorified his addiction . . .

The other 2 are scabs on our society that revel in their excess . . .

Word. Cobain loathed his addiction. I guess its part of the shock that people immediately try to vilify the dead.

It really is weird how similar this is the the Crow and Brandon Lee dying for the film's release (his of course more tragic because the of situation). I'm guessing The Dark Knight will be an instant Cult Classic now.

I too was hoping for some Hot Toys and other great Joker figures. I wonder what the status for any Joker merchandise is?

Another thing is the Heath never really got to talk about the Joker role openly or see people's reactions. I just hope they filmed some behind the scenes stuff about him talking about it.

It really is too bad, but I just don't understand why he would have been ODing in the first place. His career couldn't have been in much of a better place. Hmmm... very sad.

I hope this won't affect the Batman movie.

It will. The film will have this shadow over it and not to mention early reports had The Joker Cameo in the third installment of Batman if not a larger supporting role. If that is the case that film will have to be retooled completely or recasted.

If you ever needed an excuse to hate one of the Olsen twins: Ledger was found dead in Mary Kate's apartment.

Isn't she here at Sundance? Or is that Ashley?

Yeah Tom, the viral Marketing has got to be put to death now. Now we know: Why So Serious.

It really is weird how similar this is the the Crow and Brandon Lee dying for the film's release (his of course more tragic because the of situation). I'm guessing The Dark Knight will be an instant Cult Classic now.

I too was hoping for some Hot Toys and other great Joker figures. I wonder what the status for any Joker merchandise is?

Another thing is the Heath never really got to talk about the Joker role openly or see people's reactions. I just hope they filmed some behind the scenes stuff about him talking about it.

It really is too bad, but I just don't understand why he would have been ODing in the first place. His career couldn't have been in much of a better place. Hmmm... very sad.

His career might have never been in a better place but he was separated from his child--- not to add to conjecture but not being with his child on a regular basis could have played with his emotions.

It will still be released and many of them you'll see on eBay using this as a selling point. What I think might not make it is more viral marketing that really was supposed to play up the Joker's homicial tendancies....

and just when you thought you've heard it all. sad news and now possible suicide? :confused:

It will. The film will have this shadow over it and not to mention early reports had The Joker Cameo in the third installment of Batman if not a larger supporting role. If that is the case that film will have to be retooled completely or recasted.

Most likely the film will be released. I do believe the final cut, however, will be VERY different now that Ledger is gone.

His engagement was broken off in November of 07. That is a serious hit not to mention in interviews he admitted still loving and missing Michele Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back