Hot Toys– Hot Angel x- MMS 74- SHE PREDATOR - MACHIKO full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You ought to get a message anytime now, it came via UPS for me. Just be on the look out for a tracking/confirmation e-mail from them.

Because the movies sucked!

The original comic/novel version of Machiko was a far better written character. I'm annoyed that it's got the movie's blooding mark on it's cheek and not the forehead like the actual Machiko did

Not always, but I think it depends on who's handling the source material. There's also some excellent comic book movies. The Dark Knight, Superman the Movie, 300, Road to Perdition, Sin City etc.

So with the right amount of respect and the right property it can be done

Okay, but let's look at some of the material...

Broken Tusk is helped out by humans.
The younger Predator's who injured him go after a family, killing a mother and father, and a dog.
Lots more crazy ^^^^ happens.
Broken Tusk is revived and fights along side Machiko (I really don't want to hear more stupid people ^^^^^ and moan about a 'love story' like Lex and Scar)
Machiko kills a Queen.

Now those things, most casual movie goers would NOT accept because the story is centered around a female, and the constant Lex/Ripley comparisons would drive me mad.

The younger Predator's who injured him go after a family, killing a mother and father, and a dog.
Broken Tusk is revived and fights along side Machiko (I really don't want to hear more stupid people ^^^^^ and moan about a 'love story' like Lex and Scar)
Machiko kills a Queen.

Now those things, most casual movie goers would NOT accept because the story is centered around a female, and the constant Lex/Ripley comparisons would drive me mad.

i would have prefered that to avpr's story :lecture

I'm not saying I wouldn't have, because I would have LOVED for the comics to have been turned into a movie.

I'm just saying, people still would have found reasons to complain about it.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have, because I would have LOVED for the comics to have been turned into a movie.

I'm just saying, people still would have found reasons to complain about it.

people can find fault in any movie. theres no such thing as pleasing everybody. i would have loved to have seen this story :rock

Old saying though, you can't please 100% of people 100% of the time.

For all its flaws I still enjoyed AVP-R, but couldn't say the same about AvP. As I was just thinking of how the expanded universe had been pilfered for ideas and even then Paul WS Anderson managed to ^^^^ them up. Plus he managed to do it with a budget 1/3 larger than the brothers strausse had. With AvP weighing in at $60 million to make and AvP-R at $40million.

Plus Machiko only teams up with Dachande/Yeyinde towards the end of the story as did Lex and the comic gave a much better reason than the movie did. Dachande was helped because he was an Alien life-form so of course they were curious. Also making the comic would've allowed the first Predator against Predator fight as well.

Machiko kills a Queen.

where can I read this story? is it a graphic novel?

where can I read this story? is it a graphic novel?

Yup, time to time the original graphic novel will pop up on ebay or amazon, and it's relatively cheap too, or you can buy the AVP Volume 1 Omnibus that has the stories in it as well.

Steve Perry (and his daughter) also turned the comics into a novel, and another (Hunter's Planet) written by David Bishoff. Good reads, and they're around 6 bucks a pop.

Thanks, I went to amazon and I saw an AVP Omnibus & a Pred Omnibus. Had to read the descriptions to make sure it was the right one, although the Pred Omnibus story with Dutch's brother sounds like a good read. Might have to pic that one up some day

Back