Hot Toys – MMS126 - Predator 2: Guardian Predator(2010 Toy Fairs Exc) spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hope dies last :)
i hoped for p2 similar to p1. i got it. well, i had to wait for 5 years since MF preds, but anyway.
maybe in another five years... :)

You're not a true Hot Toys Predator collector till you have fully built your Pred from the ground up... it's a 1/6th right of passage!

i've assembled about 10 preds. it's a pain in the ass and the only reason you had to assemble them was because HT was too cheap to get actual figure licenses. i don't see how that's a right of passage since HT is the only 1:6th figure manufacturer who did it that i know of. now it's not an issue and collectors don't have to worry about breaking their $150+ figures while trying to put them together. good riddance.

can you name another company making high quality 1:6th scale Predator figures?
i can't.

I miss having to put them together. It gave a kind of attachment to the figure that you don't really get when all you do is pull it out of the box...

I loved building them up, if you don't build them like a 5 year old with legos they aren't that bad.

I miss having to put them together. It gave a kind of attachment to the figure that you don't really get when all you do is pull it out of the box...

Definitely some sense of accomplishment and I also felt like it's more a part of yourself putting those Preds into the rest of the collection.

Almost like a custom but not to that extreme.

Looks like you were forced then.... :dunno
well, not 'forced' but it's not like i could expect someone else to make them after HT cornered the market. would i have preferred to have figures instead of 'kits' i had to assemble after already dropping $150 a pop? you bet. but like i said earlier, it's not an issue we have to worry about anymore. and i'll gladly pay the ~$40 price increase to not have to put up with a hassle that HT could pay a factory worker to do. plus, the boxes are much smaller now and they're easier to store. bonus.

So totally won't happen. That'd pi$$ people off royally.

I don't know why HT is so self conscious about pissing people off, they'd make a ___ ton of money re-releasing all the older preds but making them better.

You're not a true Hot Toys Predator collector till you have fully built your Pred from the ground up... it's a 1/6th right of passage!

Done it twice and never want to deal with it again :). The pricier it is, the more stressful I get when assembling them.

I don't know why HT is so self conscious about pissing people off, they'd make a ___ ton of money re-releasing all the older preds but making them better.

I used to think the same thing before I made the choice to legitimately buy my AVP Preds.
Thing is, a re-release/update really would piss people off who payed a lot of money for their older figs. Some of us on the board who would know ahead of time could quickly flip the old ones on the Bay before too much word got out on the new ones, but most people might not be aware of this until the new figures were made available for PO. Then, they'd be stuck with the older obsolete figures without being able to sell them for a decent-enough dollar to replace them with their new counterparts.

Having that said, I'd still be all in favor of re-releasing all the old Preds. Doesn't mean it'll happen.

Back