Hot Toys – MMS126 - Predator 2: Guardian Predator(2010 Toy Fairs Exc) spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me, the Lost is not a good figure to buy by itself. I mean, it looks cool, but it's one of those figures that were almost meant to be added to a Predator collection, because it adds a feeling of diversity. In other words, Lost struck me more as a supplement for the collection... and I'm damn glad I got one.

Guardian Predator is different. He has fairly Predator-ish colors, and there's enough iconic accessories (after all, he IS a rehashed P1/P2 -- more of a P2) to warrant buying him as a first. Me, I just want him 'cause he looks gorgeous and while he's a mix-'n'-match of older parts, they make it work so well.

It won't be $200. Maybe $175 at the most (remember, even though it's an exclusive, it uses older parts) + shipping. If not that, then $160 to $170.

Might very well be $200. I thought it'd be cheaper a while ago until someone else brought up the Gunmetal Mark III. $180 for essentially a repaint of the regular MKIII. So with that considered, $200 for a Con exclusive 14" figure isn't that unreasonable.

Hmm... well either way, while it certainly isn't worth it, Guardian looks great. Most of us have been planning on getting ahold of this guy since the very first pics went up.

Now, the MKIII was originally $160. Eh, still not sure if Guardian will be $200. Maybe $180 or $190. But if you add shipping for non-attendees (or state tax for attendees), then we're still pretty much screwed :). Oh, well. At least it's unlikely he'll cross the $200 mark.

Hmm... well either way, while it certainly isn't worth it, Guardian looks great. Most of us have been planning on getting ahold of this guy since the very first pics went up.

Now, the MKIII was originally $160. Eh, still not sure if Guardian will be $200. Maybe $180 or $190. But if you add shipping for non-attendees (or state tax for attendees), then we're still pretty much screwed :). Oh, well. At least it's unlikely he'll cross the $200 mark.

Oh, he'll be well worth the $200. Moreso when you're chasing after him for $400+ on ebaY in six months to a year because at the time you didn't think he was worth it. :lol

True, true. This and the P1 are the only Preds I've bought (or will buy) at the best point in time, price-wise. Nice to get the drop on things for once, although I did get pretty decent deals on the older Preds I have.

This summer's gonna be great... lots of new HT stuff on my shelves.

To me, the Lost is not a good figure to buy by itself. I mean, it looks cool, but it's one of those figures that were almost meant to be added to a Predator collection, because it adds a feeling of diversity. In other words, Lost struck me more as a supplement for the collection... and I'm damn glad I got one.

Guardian Predator is different. He has fairly Predator-ish colors, and there's enough iconic accessories (after all, he IS a rehashed P1/P2 -- more of a P2) to warrant buying him as a first. Me, I just want him 'cause he looks gorgeous and while he's a mix-'n'-match of older parts, they make it work so well.
well, i'm saying the Guardian is a supplementary figure too.
like the Lost, the figure is a rehash and the character had a couple seconds of screen time.
besides, i dunno if i really need 4 preds in my collection. the P1 is still the best representation by far.

I wouldn't say he's a supplementary figure, simply because he has all of the Pred accessories you'd expect and the colors are nothing too flashy. Guardian probably (dunno for sure now) won't stand out of your collection any more than the others (minus Lost). I just love the look of it.

like the Lost, the figure is a rehash and the character had a couple seconds of screen time.
besides, i dunno if i really need 4 preds in my collection. the P1 is still the best representation by far.

He's a Con Ex, what do you expect? If they were releasing a "hero" figure, everybody and their grandmother would be going ape____ over the limited availability. That's why a background predator is perfect. Though, I suspect there'll still be more demand for him than the average figures just because of how good he looks.

On another note, I was looking at the pictures of him again and something came to mind. Don't these dreads look like the ones on the Lost proto pics? I mean, they look great on the proto, but in reality, the Lost's hair didn't look too hot. It was okay, but I think that if the same ones are used on Guardian, then they REALLY won't suit the final figure.

Here's hoping the dreads fall as nicely as they do here :pray:.

He's a Con Ex, what do you expect? If they were releasing a "hero" figure, everybody and their grandmother would be going ape____ over the limited availability. That's why a background predator is perfect.
good point.
Though, I suspect there'll still be more demand for him than the average figures just because of how good he looks.
nah. the majority of interest is because it's a limited production.
most of these will be up on ebay or sitting in comic shops instead of displayed in collections.
On another note, I was looking at the pictures of him again and something came to mind. Don't these dreads look like the ones on the Lost proto pics? I mean, they look great on the proto, but in reality, the Lost's hair didn't look too hot. It was okay, but I think that if the same ones are used on Guardian, then they REALLY won't suit the final figure.

Here's hoping the dreads fall as nicely as they do here :pray:.
doubt it. the only pred i've ever had with decent dreads out of the box is the P2 Elder.
all the rest have needed work, and a few had to be sent to customizers to look good.
this one will have the same crazy dreads as the Lost. good thing there are awesome customizers on here.

Let's hope they are; the P2 dreads are my absolute FAVORITES! :rock

I'm a total sucker for long dreads and they're also more likely to hang well.

They aren't terrible, but they don't hang naturally, and they sort of stick out a bit. I thought the P2 elder had the best dreadlocks of the bunch hands down.

Yeah, I see what you mean. It doesn't bother me as much as it did on the Lost Predator.

P2 Dreads are definitely great and I do not own an Elder sadly....yet!

how is the lost pred a rehash? i thought his parts were pretty unique.

Im torn between this figure and the t1000, but i only have enough money to buy 1. Which figure do you guys think i should get:dunno

Back