Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing has changed yet with my October 5th date for the last payment, so keeping fingers crossed this won't be pushed out to later in the month. If that is accurate, Sideshow should be getting the regular version soon, which is what I preordered.

Can't decide if I want this guy or not. He would certainly go well with DX13 Arnie on the shelf. Really trying to make sure I have enough space in the detolf's for everything on PO though.

Congrats on getting him tomorrow:hi5:

Just a couple of tips when you get him to help you out. First the Battery cover, after you unscrew it does not just come out, there's also no where to grab it to pull it out, I used double stick tape to attach to the plate to pull it off, no damage that way.

Second, be very careful when changing face plates, the fit is extremely tight, I put a small dent in the chin of one of the plates trying to slide it down in place, it got dented from the chin guard:( You can't tell once in place but still.
(I ordered an extra set of extra faces to keep mint due to my OCD:cuckoo:)

Again I'm sure you know but it takes 2 N Type batteries to run Robo:lecture

Looking forward to your Robocop vs Terminator pics:wink1:

Hey Skull, I understand that the jawguard can slide down a little. Will that help accommodate the mouthplates, or will that still scratch/dent/nick them?

Hey Skull, I understand that the jawguard can slide down a little. Will that help accommodate the mouthplates, or will that still scratch/dent/nick them?

It helps but not really enough, the fit is tight no matter what you do, I'm just being a princess with it, they fit its just I'm trying to avoid paint rubs on the face plates and that's not an easy task:panic:

Basically I don't think I'm going to bother changing them out anymore, the one its packaged with works fine for my display, I should receive my replacement set in a week or so, I'll just leave them in the box and call it a day.

It helps but not really enough, the fit is tight no matter what you do, I'm just being a princess with it, they fit its just I'm trying to avoid paint rubs on the face plates and that's not an easy task:panic:

Basically I don't think I'm going to bother changing them out anymore, the one its packaged with works fine for my display, I should receive my replacement set in a week or so, I'll just leave them in the box and call it a day.

Thanks for the heads-up, Skull. That's the kind of thing that would annoy me to no end. :lol I guess it's neutral mouth or bust!

Thanks for the heads-up, Skull. That's the kind of thing that would annoy me to no end. :lol I guess it's neutral mouth or bust!

As does it me, maybe it would have been better if they followed enterbay's lead and combined the jaw with the face plate as one piece, in any event its a minor issue, this still holds up for me as the 2014 figure of the year!!!

I'm thrilled to have it as many of you will be soon I'm sure, it has a cool factor that's hard to beat, there's lots of great figures to be had, but to find one that nails the likeness, has beautiful paint, has all new articulation never seen before on a Robocop figure, add a great voice feature and diecast to the mix and have it all in a truly iconic character Like Robocop :thud: That all adds up to full of win and my vote for FOTY:clap

As does it me, maybe it would have been better if they followed enterbay's lead and combined the jaw with the face plate as one piece, in any event its a minor issue, this still holds up for me as the 2014 figure of the year!!!

I'm thrilled to have it as many of you will be soon I'm sure, it has a cool factor that's hard to beat, there's lots of great figures to be had, but to find one that nails the likeness, has beautiful paint, has all new articulation never seen before on a Robocop figure, add a great voice feature and diecast to the mix and have it all in a truly iconic character Like Robocop :thud: That all adds up to full of win and my vote for FOTY:clap

I think I may have to agree. Opening this figure it instantly hits you - **** yessssss!

As iconic as it gets and beautifully realised.

Regarding the previous discussion points:

Too little Diecast - less than we expected for sure but, as is, the figure is pretty damn heavy. I was surprised by the weight. I can only wonder how heavy it'd be if it had as much as I we assumed it would and maybe that's the reason there is so little?

Overly silver paint - certainly the main colour is silver but I do see some deliberate purple hues along edges and borders etc. It might not give the complete movie colour impression but it's no lost cause either, it's actually quite beautiful.

I guess I have nothing else to say at this time because I'm at work and can't really look at him to the extent that I'd like to. Stunning figure from what I've seen so far. Undoubtedly a better representation of Robocop out of the box than the MMS238 T-800 is of The Terminator.

I think I may have to agree. Opening this figure it instantly hits you - **** yessssss!

Too little Diecast - less than we expected for sure but, as is, the figure is pretty damn heavy. I was surprised by the weight. I can only wonder how heavy it'd be if it had as much as I we assumed it would and maybe that's the reason there is so little?

Overly silver paint - certainly the main colour is silver but I do see some deliberate purple hues along edges and borders etc. It might not give the complete movie colour impression but it's no lost cause either, it's actually quite beautiful.

I guess I have nothing else to say at this time because I'm at work and can't really look at him to the extent that I'd like to. Stunning figure from what I've seen so far. Undoubtedly a better representation of Robocop out of the box than the MMS238 T-800 is of The Terminator.

Congrats and yes:)

Isn't the blueish tint more to do with the lighting? I mean, sure it's there, but it looks different under different lights. I honeslty never paid any attention to the exact colouring of the suit, it seemed pretty silver to me.

Cool man, congrats, yeah the die cast Iron Man does the same, it just feels like a higher level collectible. The die-cast 3P0 is the only true figure I've seen so far and it weighs a tonne.

Pics man, pics. Your T2 set-up would work perfectly.
:rock

Excellent post, Andrew.
Can´t wait to have him now.
As it looks now: 2 grails shortly after my birthday in november.
:yess:

picked him up monday and opened up yesterday and he is a beauty!!!! Right now my favourite fig. As mentioned above he is overly silver but still damn beautiful. Here is a quick pic I took. I got blue lighting on him from my monitor which was a few inches away and boy he looks movie accurate :) 1974306_10152366766560778_450498232590793950_o.jpg

^Oh cool that was your pic? Someone posted it here already. Very nice indeed.

Cool man, congrats, yeah the die cast Iron Man does the same, it just feels like a higher level collectible. The die-cast 3P0 is the only true figure I've seen so far and it weighs a tonne.

Pics man, pics. Your T2 set-up would work perfectly.
:rock

Excellent post, Andrew.
Can´t wait to have him now.
As it looks now: 2 grails shortly after my birthday in november.
:yess:

Thanks chaps. I'm getting to grips with it now.

****ing wow. Looking at it now in the artificial light of my room I would say, yeah, little bit too silver and shiny - not as far off as I would like from that totally chrome Robocop from that foreign ad that gets posted every now and again. It's a beautiful paintjob, but perhaps too bright. I wonder would a darker, more muted silver have been possible.

That is my one and only complaint about this figure. Everything else - the sculpt, the proportions, the display options and the articulation (cannot believe the amount of POA and range they've squeezed out of a Robocop figure) are ****ing amazing. I doubt there's any signature Robo pose this figure won't be able to recreate. Mind is blown. Granted I don't buy from the full spectrum of Hot Toys figures but I'll nevertheless say that it is my vote for FOTY without question. ED-209 is amazing aswell but utterly blighted by the rubber degrading issue - and also the film is called 'Robocop' so if you were gonna choose one out of this particular franchise you of course go with Robo himself.

If Hot Toys have anything up their sleeves for a Robocop 2 version, other than Robocop 2 blue tones and the specific battle-damage he gets in that film, I don't know what it could be, because it seems like this figure has it all. I don't think they've left any scope for improvement technically unless someone else can think of something.

And it probably goes without saying but it pisses all over the old Hot Toys Robocop from a great height, from such a height in fact that only Robo's zoom vision and computer targeting system could hope to accurately hit the old Robo with that piss, the distance is so vast.

My last payment for the regular version just got moved out to October 25th. Just an FYI to anyone getting that version with a similar pay schedule. Originally, it was October 5th.

Back