Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would hope that Robo 2 will have a Weller face extra head, a tiny cassette of Nuke, battle damage including spray paint. ..lol, and the COBRA rifle.

I would hope that Robo 2 will have a Weller face extra head, a tiny cassette of Nuke, battle damage including spray paint. ..lol, and the COBRA rifle.

Ha, that'd be a nice touch. Not a fan of the film but I suppose it would offer some interesting display options.

I'm not sure many are fans of R2, lol... but I love that blue suit!
I will be so torn if this comes out, I would probably get it.

Now this is one I want to see made. ....
Screen+Shot+2012-06-30+at+1.28.58+PM.jpg

From Robocop 2 I can see them maybe releasing the damaged, torn apart Murphy torso...
It is very similar to the IM Mark 3 construction suit set.
But I'd buy a Robo 2, and I can see all those items included.

I'd love a RoboCop 2, especially if HT ever gets around to making a RoboCain. Maybe they can have the limbs come apart and held together with magnets, similar to the Iron Man Bones armor, to recreate his run-in with Cain's gang look.

October 25th? I presume Sideshow will be among the last to get the item as it has to be imported (in bulk to cover orders) to the US first?

Loontentoys predicts mid-October (as of this morning) for his batch, so I reckon 1 or 2 weeks away before he starts shipping. Maybe. I hope.

October 25th? I presume Sideshow will be among the last to get the item as it has to be imported (in bulk to cover orders) to the US first?

Loontentoys predicts mid-October (as of this morning) for his batch, so I reckon 1 or 2 weeks away before he starts shipping. Maybe. I hope.

Huh? Robo just came out a little more than a week ago in HK. Everybody who has the figure so far got it from/through HK. Sideshow typically gets its stock about a month later.

Thanks chaps. I'm getting to grips with it now.

****ing wow. Looking at it now in the artificial light of my room I would say, yeah, little bit too silver and shiny - not as far off as I would like from that totally chrome Robocop from that foreign ad that gets posted every now and again. It's a beautiful paintjob, but perhaps too bright. I wonder would a darker, more muted silver have been possible.

That is my one and only complaint about this figure. Everything else - the sculpt, the proportions, the display options and the articulation (cannot believe the amount of POA and range they've squeezed out of a Robocop figure) are ****ing amazing. I doubt there's any signature Robo pose this figure won't be able to recreate. Mind is blown. Granted I don't buy from the full spectrum of Hot Toys figures but I'll nevertheless say that it is my vote for FOTY without question. ED-209 is amazing aswell but utterly blighted by the rubber degrading issue - and also the film is called 'Robocop' so if you were gonna choose one out of this particular franchise you of course go with Robo himself.

If Hot Toys have anything up their sleeves for a Robocop 2 version, other than Robocop 2 blue tones and the specific battle-damage he gets in that film, I don't know what it could be, because it seems like this figure has it all. I don't think they've left any scope for improvement technically unless someone else can think of something.

And it probably goes without saying but it pisses all over the old Hot Toys Robocop from a great height, from such a height in fact that only Robo's zoom vision and computer targeting system could hope to accurately hit the old Robo with that piss, the distance is so vast.

Glad to see you are receiving this as well as I did, it really does have that "WOW Factor" when you pull it out of the box, and to be honest still a week later I still find myself drawn to it, staring at it and all that. I don't see this leaving the top shelf anytime soon, as for the FOTY thing, I don't throw that title around easily, and was glad to see the DX13 won last year, I think this Robocop really has a great shot at it this year.

As for a Robocop 2 I could get into that, but after the full BD version I will honestly be pretty content on Robo, if they do make it great, if not its no biggie, but considering they have mostly all the parts already to make a Robo 2 figure and would simply be a repaint with some add on accessories I think it will happen eventually.

Batman from the armory will win. Because NOLAN.

While it is a very nice set, its slightly improved figures that we have all seen before, yeah it gives you the butler and a very nice diorama, but its mainly impressive because its a lot of stuff in one box, also with the price point not many will actually own it.

What 3-5 figures are candidates for FOTY? Looks like Robo's definitely in the running.

I don't really know, I think Michael Crawford does that yearly, so he would be the one to ask, but we do have a few months left in the year so its all still up in the air. I collect mostly sixth scale figures and most of those are Hot Toys, of the figures I received there are some great ones,

Mark 33 Silver Centurion
T1 T-800
Mark 42

I've got a good number of others as well, none worth mentioning and further more none of those top Robocop as I see it.

Back