Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1974306_10152366766560778_450498232590793950_o.jpg

Wow. Beautiful pic. If those were the paints I'd snatch him up in a heartbeat. Gorgeous.

Glad to see you are receiving this as well as I did, it really does have that "WOW Factor" when you pull it out of the box, and to be honest still a week later I still find myself drawn to it, staring at it and all that. I don't see this leaving the top shelf anytime soon, as for the FOTY thing, I don't throw that title around easily, and was glad to see the DX13 won last year, I think this Robocop really has a great shot at it this year.

As for a Robocop 2 I could get into that, but after the full BD version I will honestly be pretty content on Robo, if they do make it great, if not its no biggie, but considering they have mostly all the parts already to make a Robo 2 figure and would simply be a repaint with some add on accessories I think it will happen eventually.

I agree, Robocop 2 stuff is by no means an imperative. Hot Toys started with the good stuff here rather than, say, making Spiderman 3 figures instead of Spiderman 2 ones. We've just gotten the most definitive Robo plus another to come. Sorted. I'd certainly give Robocop 2 stuff a look and possibly buy but I'll be happy enough saving money if they don't go there. And god knows after this final quarter of '14 I'm gonna need to save money again.

Going back to the paint being too bright - that's actually much like the QS001 Endoskeleton. It supposed to be chrome yes but not that bright, shiny and reflective. Should have been a deeper, duller chrome which I know is possible because I have a custom 1:6 HT Endoskeleton from a member here whose boardname I can never ever spell right which is dead-on perfect in it's colour. So I'm saying HT has tended to go too brilliantly bright for maximum eye-catching impact on the 1:4 endo and now Robocop aswell when it'd have been more accurate to go duller.

But enough on that. The figure overall is just such a win.

View attachment 136927

Wow. Beautiful pic. If those were the paints I'd snatch him up in a heartbeat. Gorgeous.

The paint may not be perfectly matched to the movie, but a better Robocop you will not find:lecture

I agree, Robocop 2 stuff is by no means an imperative. Hot Toys started with the good stuff here rather than, say, making Spiderman 3 figures instead of Spiderman 2 ones. We've just gotten the most definitive Robo plus another to come. Sorted. I'd certainly give Robocop 2 stuff a look and possibly buy but I'll be happy enough saving money if they don't go there. And god knows after this final quarter of '14 I'm gonna need to save money again.

Going back to the paint being too bright - that's actually much like the QS001 Endoskeleton. It supposed to be chrome yes but not that bright, shiny and reflective. Should have been a deeper, duller chrome which I know is possible because I have a custom 1:6 HT Endoskeleton from a member here whose boardname I can never ever spell right which is dead-on perfect in it's colour. So I'm saying HT has tended to go too brilliantly bright for maximum eye-catching impact on the 1:4 endo and now Robocop aswell when it'd have been more accurate to go duller.

But enough on that. The figure overall is just such a win.

Agreed on all points, but duller I'm not sure is the right word, color is there but just not quite enough, it simply need some more air brushing of the blues and greens maybe to tone down the silver, the luster seems near perfect. All in all its not worth dissecting the paint to the point of not liking it cause its a beautiful paint job on an amazing figure, it kicks so much ass on so many levels. Sometimes you just got to sit back and enjoy these wonderful collectibles for what there intended, enjoyment of a character that has meaning to you, having a piece of your childhood on a shelf realized in a way you couldn't have imagined as a kid owning:)

I enjoy the conversation about these figures, good and bad, so don't get me wrong, its fun and at times annoying, just wanted to make clear my feelings on this release.

The perfect figure does not exist, but this is close.....................................................enjoy it:wink1:

^^ agreed. oh and i wish they made a gun holding hand. the articulated fingers doesnt grip well and gives me the ****s hahaha

The paint may not be perfectly matched to the movie, but a better Robocop you will not find:lecture

Agreed on all points, but duller I'm not sure is the right word, color is there but just not quite enough, it simply need some more air brushing of the blues and greens maybe to tone down the silver, the luster seems near perfect. All in all its not worth dissecting the paint to the point of not liking it cause its a beautiful paint job on an amazing figure, it kicks so much ass on so many levels. Sometimes you just got to sit back and enjoy these wonderful collectibles for what there intended, enjoyment of a character that has meaning to you, having a piece of your childhood on a shelf realized in a way you couldn't have imagined as a kid owning:)

I enjoy the conversation about these figures, good and bad, so don't get me wrong, its fun and at times annoying, just wanted to make clear my feelings on this release.

The perfect figure does not exist, but this is close.....................................................enjoy it:wink1:

HT RoboCop fanboys vs. EB RoboCop fanboys. I smell a rumble brewing!

west-side-story-1961-jets-vs-sharks-basketball-court-best-picture-review-academy-awards.jpg

It certainly beats my first RoboCop figure.

roboultrafigure.jpg

^^ agreed. oh and i wish they made a gun holding hand. the articulated fingers doesnt grip well and gives me the ****s hahaha

That would have been nice now that I think about it.

HT RoboCop fanboys vs. EB RoboCop fanboys. I smell a rumble brewing!

View attachment 136929

It certainly beats my first RoboCop figure.

View attachment 136930

No interest in that battle, no interest in that scale, I have 2 quarter scale figures and I think that's all I will ever have barring some amazing Arnold figure or spiderman figure.

I never had that figure, my first Robocop was this one

Orion 12" Robocop 1993 Talking Action Figure | eBay

I do still have the McFarland 12 inch too

robocop002.jpg

Just received an email from SSC saying that my last flexi has t pushed forward to 25/10/14 - damnit!!

Huh? Robo just came out a little more than a week ago in HK. Everybody who has the figure so far got it from/through HK. Sideshow typically gets its stock about a month later.

I don't know how these things work.
I've never ordered from Sideshow, ever.

When I've ordered Hot Toys products it has always been with an eBay seller. As Loonten is based on that side of the world I was just wondering if he will get his batch BEFORE the 25th as he doesn't have to wait for the product to be shipped all the way to the states.

That's all.

I don't know how these things work.
I've never ordered from Sideshow, ever.

When I've ordered Hot Toys products it has always been with an eBay seller. As Loonten is based on that side of the world I was just wondering if he will get his batch BEFORE the 25th as he doesn't have to wait for the product to be shipped all the way to the states.

That's all.

Doesn't Loonten ship before Sideshow?

Well that's just terrible news, means we won't receive it until first week of nov

Back