Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They gave the guy a email and told him to send a copy of his receipt of where he bought it from. He also mentioned his Black Widow had problems with sagging in the elbow, and that War machine might have problems too, where there is rubber parts I'm guessing.

Hot toys qc is overrated

Of coarse they have been since I started collecting them, the only thing that has changed is they now respond to you, I needed some replacements from them or something and they never responded to me, I sent them a copy of my receipt too but this was before they had the partnership they have with SS now.

Till they stop using rubber or getting better rubber and need to stop cheaping out on the quality. But the other solution is a joint like the winter soldier has, but then people put a moan about that too and complain.

Of coarse they have been since I started collecting them, the only thing that has changed is they now respond to you, I needed some replacements from them or something and they never responded to me, I sent them a copy of my receipt too but this was before they had the partnership they have with SS now.

Till they stop using rubber or getting better rubber and need to stop cheaping out on the quality. But the other solution is a joint like the winter soldier has, but then people put a moan about that too and complain.
They did replace my broken spidey, even though I didn't have a receipt
But, other companies, who shall not be named, also replaced parts for me free of charge, even though it was my fault in breaking it
Both companies have solid service, but upon joining this hobby and doing research, ht was held in the highest regard in terms of quality, something I'm not so sure of

I find their QC to be pretty bad. One of the main reason I've stopped buy many figures. I only have an Evil Supes and I will buy Robocop.

Yeah, isn't that just paint rub, PC?

could be, but he mentioned also something with his Black widow, but didn't provide pictures and something to do with his War Machine , once again no pictures. I love hot toys to a extent, and its good as A-dev has said to put balance, they aren't angels they trip up. But like I said they used to be worse un answered emails etc.

it seems like Hot Toys has gotten a little better, just wish I wouldn't still see stuff with their rubber bodies, and older figures now are starting to show wear and tear which is really sad. And when I say older I mean like 2009-2010

I know first hand I never had any issues with the first Robo, but I never put him in any extreme pose's.

Those photos are c'est magnifique!

Nice pics
Robo sure is shiny, looks like he's been polished

Yes, the scratches on the helmet and chest look like they were removed in the last pic. Nice!

Thanks gents :duff

I'd like to know this too with regards to Timcent.

Hot Toys, Enterbay items in Figures and Stickers pick store on eBay!

Amazing pics man, in my opinion your are giving OMG a run for his money :D

Also the scratch isn't gone is it?, I think I see it, in the 3rd to last pic? :( can hot toys replace that? Speaking of.................

Thanks Pop, appreciate it. Yes, the scratch is still there.

paramore takes great pics, news at 11. :lol

Hard to choose just one, but this one stood out to me.

:lol

Thanks very much :)

Which is why, those of us without unlimited funds, need to bear in mind that plastic degrades. Eventually the plasticiser goes, people refer to figures sweating, they become tacky to the touch, discolour and then eventually can no longer be moved without breaking.

Obviously that takes a while. But in thirty years, your Hot Toys shelf is going to look very different indeed and not in a good way. This is why serious artists use archival media for their work, so they last beyond a decade or two.

If you make things out of plastic, you can expect them to perish. And, help though they may in the short term, Hot Toys is not going to be producing whole new bodies for people decades down the line. And nor should they, imo. So long as people realise what they're buying and don't think they'll last forever :)

Fine by me. We're not just buying toys, we're buying memories. And we can't take either of them with us anyway!

So we do the best we can to preserve them while we're still around...

:wink1:

:rotfl

Yeah quality control is an issue as it is with many companies who mass produce items whatever they may be. I just found a paint scrape on my brand new terminator figure and the lapels broke off too so its not all perfect. Just as long as people realise that nothing lasts forever or is perfect in design and these figures are only a stop gap solution to the wants, needs and desires of people. Seeing figures rot and fall apart is not what anyone wants to see but that's the way it goes unfortunately. If you have them for a few years on display and looking mint then your lucky imo.

How much did you have to pay in customs by the way if I may ask?

I didn't get charged anything. I had that happen before as well where an item was held in customs and then got released with no charge. Its funny because loontentoys marked it as a gift which you would think would incur some suspicion and a charge but no nada thing.

I didn't get charged anything. I had that happen before as well where an item was held in customs and then got released with no charge. Its funny because loontentoys marked it as a gift which you would think would incur some suspicion and a charge but no nada thing.

Woah, hang on. Your order from Loonten has shipped?

Ordered Robo from Loonten as well on the 6th. PM'd him yesterday as to when it's going to ship since last time he said the middle of the month. He said just to give it a few more days.

Ordered Robo from Loonten as well on the 6th. PM'd him yesterday as to when it's going to ship since last time he said the middle of the month. He said just to give it a few more days.

The seller is awesome, but if he says "few more days" he usually means weeks, from personal experience. Still, the cheapest seller to buy from if you're outside of HK and the US.

Back