Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT by a country mile. The HT sculpt in general is much better than the EB as is the face. Those who think otherwise need to see an optician. It's not a matter of opinion, more simple observation. Some of you guys would make terrible eye-witnesses.

I think the majority of people think EBs one looks more like Weller, so you might be the one that needs to see an optician. Regardless, it is an opinion because both can be regarded as having Weller likeness and thus, the likeness of which face plate has the better likeness is subjective in this case.

HT by a country mile. The HT sculpt in general is much better than the EB as is the face. Those who think otherwise need to see an optician. It's not a matter of opinion, more simple observation. Some of you guys would make terrible eye-witnesses.

Thanks for giving your opinion

Shhhhh the fanboys I think went back to their lair, don't feed the trolls. No but seriously to each's own, we'll see how the EB one last considering their QC track record, I still think the mechanics on that gimmick statue will eventually break, maybe sooner than later. But I'm a collector not a engineer!

But who was ed 209

But seriously guys, why is it an eb vs ht discussion and not the best 1/4 and 1/6 robocop discussion?

I think the majority of people think EBs one looks more like Weller, so you might be the one that needs to see an optician. Regardless, it is an opinion because both can be regarded as having Weller likeness and thus, the likeness of which face plate has the better likeness is subjective in this case.

As I've said before the same discussion happened when SS released their Robo PF it had problems with that hand falling off because it was held in place by magnets, and broke either the hand or base. And people would argue that the original HT's Robo was better. But you never see that PF Robo anymore, maybe the same fate will happen to EB? Only time will tell.

Shhhhh the fanboys I think went back to their lair, don't feed the trolls. No but seriously to each's own, we'll see how the EB one last considering their QC track record, I still think the mechanics on that gimmick statue will eventually break, maybe sooner than later. But I'm a collector not a engineer!

You are the troll for thinking that people who like the EB one better are EB fan boys and you should not have an opinion but listen to you because you are right and they are wrong. I think both have their positives and negatives, like I said overall I think Hot Toys is a better figure but EBs one looks more like Weller IMO.

Why would people who think the EB one looks more like weller be here? We mostly love this HT's Robo, you guys come over from the EB thread to pester us. So don't lump me with your opinion please.

Thanks for giving your opinion

:goodpost:

:lol

But who was ed 209

But seriously guys, why is it an eb vs ht discussion and not the best 1/4 and 1/6 robocop discussion?

Because there are just too many people that think Hot Toys is the best because it is Hot Toys nuff said.

Why would people who think the EB one looks more like weller be here? We mostly love this HT's Robo, you guys come over from the EB thread to pester us. So don't lump me with your opinion please.

Umm because I think this is a better figure than EBs? I just have to admit that the likeness of EBs is better, but that is about as far as I will go.

Yes cause I have a gun to everyone's head? Please listen to me or you all die!!!! Why don't you just ignore my opinion and move on.

Cause u say such stupid **** thinking you are right and everyone else's wrong and think that just because people like some parts of the EB one better they are wrong and are EB fan boys. I ****ing hate EB they have horrible QC but their dam head sculpts are usually better than Hot Toys ones.

A sycophantic, "We can do pretty much what we want to him," baby food-eating career opportunist an unsung hero? Aight. :lol

tumblr_mnmus596dQ1s0qwlko1_500.gif

Of course it's you who has a GIF of a moment in Robocop I've been wanting for so long. Saved.

It was a tough call but I'm gonna hold out and hope they do a Robo2 version (basically this guy but metallic blue). With my luck they wont but you never know.

PopCollector, there's a difference between playing the ball or the man. You seem to have come to this thread to talk about the people in it, whereas we're all here to talk about the figure :)

Sure EB fanboys is a broad spectrum but like I said if I have offended anyone, let me know. But I haven't no one's sent me a PM like a mature adult. I'm only defending myself because I guess I need a lesson.....

And before someone wanted to teach me a lesson I've been talking about how much I like this figure, and I don't even own it. I had the first release way back when, this is miles ahead of that one. I don't like EB never have, their sculpts aren't quite as good as HT's to me, not everyone, let me make that clear. And its my money, so I'll choose what I want to spend it on. Which is not EB, sorry, if you don't like that then I don't know what to tell ya. But the arguments made over in the EB thread haven't convinced me to go buy the 1/4 figure.

It was a tough call but I'm gonna hold out and hope they do a Robo2 version (basically this guy but metallic blue). With my luck they wont but you never know.
If their other versions of robo sell well, I don't see why ht wouldn't slap a new coat of paint on and sell it
I would have to get that one too

Great shots as always Paramore..but I would pose the othe arm differently, looks too lifeless IMO :wink1:

Sure EB fanboys is a broad spectrum but like I said if I have offended anyone, let me know. But I haven't no one's sent me a PM like a mature adult. I'm only defending myself because I guess I need a lesson.....

Well I kind of felt offended by your EB fan boy remarks but since you were not doing it intentionally, I see no reason to keep harping on about this. :peace

Well since he has so little DC parts how heavy is the figure?

I was surprised, he's quite weighty actually.

Great pics as always paramoremc,the figure looks very realistic, as the suit looks like real armor. :clap

I just wish it came this color instead of having to resort to blue LED lighting. :thud:

BTW is the face plate pushed all the way up into the helment as there seems to be quite a bit of space between the helmet and mouth, where the nose should be. :dunno

Thanks, those LEDs really show him off well. Haven't changed the faceplate so assume it's in correct position.

Well I kind of felt offended by your EB fan boy remarks but since you were not doing it intentionally, I see no reason to keep harping on about this. :peace

There you go, was that so hard?, no more EB fanboy comments, I'll go back and delete them infact. Now thats a lot better than telling someone they say stupid ****, like I said this is a forum don't take any of this to heart really. Its the internet you know.

I think you should all meet up, fight it out like men. I'll bring the popcorn.

Then we'll all fight over what color Michael Keaton's belt is, gold, yellow or mustard?

Back