Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its so bizarre how some folks have the problem and others have 0 issues! makes no sense as i've heard the identical conditions (rooms, light, temp) and some do crack and some don't!

Yup, absolutely strange. I live by a big sea in germany that flows into the north sea. Maybe it´s the air from the salt water...

Yup, absolutely strange. I live by a big sea in germany that flows into the north sea. Maybe it´s the air from the salt water...

i think more than anything it's the relative humidity in your house... mine seems to hover around 55-60%. but who the hell knows!?! lol

I live in the Houston tx area where it's always humid but I keep my ac at 68, all the time

i think more than anything it's the relative humidity in your house... mine seems to hover around 55-60%. but who the hell knows!?! lol

Yeah, it seems totally random.

New pics from mine. Needed to take shots with my new background.
Hope you guys like:

DSC_0256.jpg

DSC_0261.jpg

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0263.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg

DSC_0267.jpg

DSC_0268.jpg

DSC_0269.jpg

DSC_0270.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

DSC_0274.jpg

DSC_0275.jpg

DSC_0276.jpg

DSC_0277.jpg

DSC_0278.jpg

DSC_0280.jpg

DSC_0281.jpg

Beautiful shots, guys! :clap

Mine cracked all to hell within a couple months. Might try some Mod Podge. Nothing to lose at this point. (Especially since nobody seems to be making any replacement domes.)

Temp and humidity in our house doesn't fluctuate much. I think the main culprit was HT using inconsistent batches of rubber ... WHEN THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST USED FRICKIN' PLASTIC.

(forces self to calm down)

But I'm over it.

(breathes)

It was years ago.

(unclenches fist)

Eeeeeeeevryting's fine now.

(eye twitches)

Rep has been distributed. Such a shame about the fact we have to worry about rotting rubber again because otherwise this thing is so good.

Yeah, I think the reason it's sporadic is because it was probably different batches of rubber like Bucky said. That makes the most sense.

Beautiful shots, guys! :clap

Mine cracked all to hell within a couple months. Might try some Mod Podge. Nothing to lose at this point. (Especially since nobody seems to be making any replacement domes.)

Temp and humidity in our house doesn't fluctuate much. I think the main culprit was HT using inconsistent batches of rubber ... WHEN THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST USED FRICKIN' PLASTIC.

(forces self to calm down)

But I'm over it.

(breathes)

It was years ago.

(unclenches fist)

Eeeeeeeevryting's fine now.

(eye twitches)

:lol Many thx and: Sorry to hear, man. So yeah, try mod podge.

Rep has been distributed. Such a shame about the fact we have to worry about rotting rubber again because otherwise this thing is so good.

Thx so much, buddy. How you don´?
:hi5:

Lol my autocorrect is having a fun time ;)

Thanks.
I remember something especially done for toy in little bottle.
You used this one on yours?

I started a project years ago for a dome replacement of the original ed.
Might do another but the thing with ed is that the figure is so big and expensive that not everyone has it.
And yu need it to do the replacement.

Lol my autocorrect is having a fun time ;)

Thanks.
I remember something especially done for toy in little bottle.
You used this one on yours?

I started a project years ago for a dome replacement of the original ed.
Might do another but the thing with ed is that the figure is so big and expensive that not everyone has it.
And yu need it to do the replacement.

No problem, man.
Actually, I don´t know. I got this, because I needed it. He started cracking and he was already my second.

Plastic replacement, or mesh, or such?

Plastic , resin.
Im going to discuss it with doogiedoc who is doing a great work with the terminator grenade launchers.
We.ll see :)

Back