Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would but I don't know if I am talented enough to properly apply them.

Besides that I like my figures in stock condition.

But I'ld be in for a spare resin dome just to be sure. ;)

Waterslide decals are prone to become brittle either way.
Guess I´ll rip them from here and print´em, IF I do it, on custom vinly sticker paper.
:wink1:
I´ll go with the stock dome for the time being and see what happens...

ED is amazing and worth the money, i hope u guys get yours in june. What i love most is despite how surprisingly larger he is than i imagined, he's also super poseable too.
Right now i just have him in a static prone position, i haven't tried raising the legs but after watching that youtube video i know what to do now.

You guys going to pose your static or in like a walking pose when you get yours?

Waterslide decals are prone to become brittle either way.
Guess I´ll rip them from here and print´em, IF I do it, on custom vinly sticker paper.
The only files I posted here are very low resolution, (800 x 1422) so if you print them they'll look like crap. My high-res images that will be sent to the decal printer are 3540 x 6738 in size. Feel free to print yours from what I posted here, but you won't have sharp crisp images, especially in the small text, the line edges, and the transitions from one color to the next will look fuzzy... Then you'll probably start telling people, "These things look like crap- don't buy them from anthrapoid."
It's funny how you trolled my War Machine decal thread a few years ago; (I sold 280 sets, and didn't get a single complaint) you flooded my thread with nothing but arrogant, argumentative criticism- yet NOW you want my ED-209 decals, and you're too stubborn to just say, "Hey anthrapoid- sorry I acted badly before; I like your ED decals, can I buy some?" ... Is that so difficult? You posted a few days ago that I have you on ignore- that has never been the case. Knowing you believed that though, explains the smug little *wink*... as if you're getting over on me by printing decals from my hard work without expressing any appreciation whatsoever... just like when you told me that you "got my ED-209 audio clips from someone else, LOLOL", but you had nothing nice to say about them, much less any thanks to offer.
For someone who criticizes whatever work I bring to this forum, you seem to like it and desire it quite a lot... funny, that.

About your statement that waterslide decals are 'prone to become brittle either way': That simply tells me that you don't know how to apply them properly yourself, and that you're not familiar with the newer materials commonly in use today. (It also makes me suspect that you intend to print the decals from the low-resolution preview images I posted here, and try to sell them as vinyl stickers to other people- again, with no credit to me at all.) If that's your plan, go right ahead.

I have waterslide decals that I applied to model kits more than 20 years ago, and they still look fine. The key is knowing how to protect them when you apply them. It's not difficult.
Note to all: I'll make an illustrated tutorial for applying the decals, just like I did with War Machine.
Endo, you might like to use these:
Decals for Endosickness.jpg

Last edited:
I already have all others beforehand...but...calling me stubborn and yet ignoring the fact that I WANTED a fresh start and YOU simply started it again seems to be not of interest, you ignored, or over-read it, or is over your comprehension.

But either way...I know when someone is doing good work and that´s what you´re doing, Anthrapoid and for showing respect of your work...why don´t you call me by my real name, Timo. Last try for a fresh start...what do you say? The only problem I have is with people who are calling themselves something, like your: "I´m a 49 year old, clever..." and what not. We got a saying in germany: "Self-praise stinks."
Get props from others, don´t give them yourselfs. That´s all which I don´t like.

I REALLY admire your work, it is extremly detailed and your time spent on this project can only be respected, I really mean it.
Your re-engineering of all the symbols and spoken words over ED are quite simply perfect and I´m not sticking my head up your ****, I simply follow this thread and your work is well worked out, clear and logical. Really.

And I offer you an apology, on the spot of that wink.
The only reason I did that is because I thought you had me on ignore, which is quite logic, if you think about it...since you said a few days before you had a short ignore list and our last fall out isn´t so far behind. I just assumed...but wrongly so, I admit. So...sorry for that.

Can we continue friendly now?

I already have all others beforehand...but...calling me stubborn and yet ignoring the fact that I WANTED a fresh start and YOU simply started it again seems to be not of interest, you ignored, or over-read it, or is over your comprehension.

But either way...I know when someone is doing good work and that´s what you´re doing, Anthrapoid and for showing respect of your work...why don´t you call me by my real name, Timo. Last try for a fresh start...what do you say? The only problem I have is with people who are calling themselves something, like your: "I´m a 49 year old, clever..." and what not. We got a saying in germany: "Self-praise stinks."
Get props from others, don´t give them yourselfs. That´s all which I don´t like.

I REALLY admire your work, it is extremly detailed and your time spent on this project can only be respected, I really mean it.
Your re-engineering of all the symbols and spoken words over ED are quite simply perfect and I´m not sticking my head up your ****, I simply follow this thread and your work is well worked out, clear and logical. Really.

And I offer you an apology, on the spot of that wink.
The only reason I did that is because I thought you had me on ignore, which is quite logic, if you think about it...since you said a few days before you had a short ignore list and our last fall out isn´t so far behind. I just assumed...but wrongly so, I admit. So...sorry for that.

Can we continue friendly now?
First, let me say that it took boldness to apologize, and I thank you for that. Secondly: I never praised myself. I never said I was clever, though I believe that I am. What I said was, "I'm a 49 year old man, intelligent and perceptive." I think false modesty is dishonest. If you are talented, and you show the work to demonstrate it, (as opposed to merely saying it) why not be proud of yourself? Perhaps the difference in our cultures caused you to perceive me as boastful and self-important, when I am merely proud of my own efforts; I achieve something which I had doubt about, something which is very challenging- and a good result makes ME feel good. That is all. Whatever praise has come to me, has come from others. I am far too interested in (and humbled by) the ORIGINAL artists who created my favorite artworks in film to place myself upon the same shelf as they. By the same token, our cultural differences might have caused me to perceive you as arrogant and vacuous. I am willing to discard my mistaken impression of you, Timo, if the reverse also occurs.

ED turned up this morning, never got a shipping confirmation from SS or a tracking number from fedex. Big surprise, I thought they hadn't shipped him yet.

Not having the previous ED, the sheer size of this beast is pretty impressive! Bring on Robo. :rock

First, let me say that it took boldness to apologize, and I thank you for that. Secondly: I never praised myself. I never said I was clever, though I believe that I am. What I said was, "I'm a 49 year old man, intelligent and perceptive." I think false modesty is dishonest. If you are talented, and you show the work to demonstrate it, (as opposed to merely saying it) why not be proud of yourself? Perhaps the difference in our cultures caused you to perceive me as boastful and self-important, when I am merely proud of my own efforts; I achieve something which I had doubt about, something which is very challenging- and a good result makes ME feel good. That is all. Whatever praise has come to me, has come from others. I am far too interested in (and humbled by) the ORIGINAL artists who created my favorite artworks in film to place myself upon the same shelf as they. By the same token, our cultural differences might have caused me to perceive you as arrogant and vacuous. I am willing to discard my mistaken impression of you, Timo, if the reverse also occurs.

That´s what I meant. Your self-remark of your perception and intelligence. I´m proud of what I achieve too (namely my self-3D-constructed arm of a T-800), but like you said, I would never said:" hey, I´m intelligent...I can do this and that."
I can and I know that, but as you suggested...it comes out like boasting to me...severly so.
And I thank you for the boldness-remark, but that´s just who I am. When know someone does good stuff, I congratulate him. If I´m wrong, I apologize, simple as that.
Well, looking from this new point...there could be a mistaken impression.
Let´s make it this way...so...your name is, since I told you mine...

Little question though, directly:
It seems to me that the "big" decals, with "dangerous subtances" won´t fit on the legs...or am I mistaken there, cause the "slots" seem to be smaller and are used by other "armatures", if you know what I mean?

And on a second: Your new decals, would they come in those slots INSTEAD of the "dangours subtances", or on the inside of the legs?
Many infos to comprehend...
:lol

ED turned up this morning, never got a shipping confirmation from SS or a tracking number from fedex. Big surprise, I thought they hadn't shipped him yet.

Not having the previous ED, the sheer size of this beast is pretty impressive! Bring on Robo. :rock

I'm so glad i got outbid on evilbay all those times now cuz this ED is the one to own. Its weird he's 1/6 and yet he looks so big to my eyes :lol

ED is amazing and worth the money, i hope u guys get yours in june. What i love most is despite how surprisingly larger he is than i imagined, he's also super poseable too.
Right now i just have him in a static prone position, i haven't tried raising the legs but after watching that youtube video i know what to do now.

You guys going to pose your static or in like a walking pose when you get yours?

Yes he's impressively huge and the articulation is quite good. He's a really great piece. The legs on mine extend pretty easily. You think he's big now, wait until you fully extend the legs. :panic:

That´s what I meant. Your self-remark of your perception and intelligence. I´m proud of what I achieve too (namely my self-3D-constructed arm of a T-800), but like you said, I would never said:" hey, I´m intelligent...I can do this and that."
I can and I know that, but as you suggested...it comes out like boasting to me...severly so.
And I thank you for the boldness-remark, but that´s just who I am. When know someone does good stuff, I congratulate him. If I´m wrong, I apologize, simple as that.
Well, looking from this new point...there could be a mistaken impression.
Let´s make it this way...so...your name is, since I told you mine...

Little question though, directly:
It seems to me that the "big" decals, with "dangerous subtances" won´t fit on the legs...or am I mistaken there, cause the "slots" seem to be smaller and are used by other "armatures", if you know what I mean?

And on a second: Your new decals, would they come in those slots INSTEAD of the "dangours subtances", or on the inside of the legs?
Many infos to comprehend...
:lol
I said I am an intelligent perceptive man to Gigerfan, only because Gigerfan was addressing me in a condescending manner, as if I had the brain of a five year old. I wanted him to know that I recognized his BS as such, and I didn't appreciate it. If that offends you, tough cookies. How I respond to someone else being an ass towards me should not effect you, Timo the bold.

Now: I will try to answer your questions. Note: The following applies to the life-size prop in the film, not the animation model.
The large 'MAX PSI RADIAL' decal (red on black, with yellow and black caution bars) belongs on the outside of both legs, leaving 1mm silver frame space on all four edges.
The 'MAX PSI RADIAL' decal (white letters on black background) belongs on the inside of both legs, with 1mm silver frame space top and sides, and about 4mm silver space exposed at the bottom of the rectangle. These decals are intended to REPLACE (cover) all four of the 'dangerous subtances' decals. They have been scaled to fit exactly as described.
Most of the other decals are also intended to correct the existing HT decals, or to add missing ones, in accordance with the life-size prop.
The small 'ED-209/3798 CRSL:R20' decal is seen on the life-size gun pod while aiming at Murphy's head, seconds before ED-209's left arm explodes, but it is NOT present on the life-size prop during the boardroom demo/massacre scene.
The small 'ENFORCEMENT DROID SERIES 209' decals are NOT present on the life-size prop; They are present in some shots of the animation model, and not in other shots. They fit on the inside of both gun arms, placed about 3mm above the edge of the ammunition pack slot, and about 6mm behind the round bolt.
Note: The specific text of this decal is not confirmed as accurate.
I could describe the placement and context of all of the decals, but I will do that later.

Last edited:
Certainly not and I took your remark towards Gigerfan wrong and out of context, so please forget I took it in ANY way.

I got where the other decals are going to be placed, I just didn´t get the position of those "radial" ones.
So thanks for clarifying that.
:)

Back