Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see where the sculpt is off as some others have mentioned, but it is on in certain angles too. I think they went to soft on the under-eye bags. It could also just be the way it's photographing. I guess I won't know for sure until I unbox mine and see first hand. I think the hair has a little part it in too. It seems that they designed the hair sculpt based on a look that only appeared on screen briefly. It looks very different in the majority of the movie

I'm also not super impressed with the Pratt sculpt. It's not bad, but I'm happy he has a masked sculpt, so I don't have to deal with trying to convince myself the Pratt sculpt is good :lol
I may be an outlier, but I am a bit disappointed in the head sculpt in hand - it's not awful by any stretch, but I just am having a hard time seeing Chris Pratt. I actually showed my wife the face without the body and asked who it was (she loved the movie and saw it 3 times - unheard of for her) and she couldn't identify him. Definitely a step down from compared to the Stealth Cap and last Thor likenesses, IMO.
It's not just you; I don't like the head sculpt either. Mine is staying in the box.
When I said about a few weeks ago that I didn't like the sculpt I was told by people here to get my eyes checked. I'm glad I'm not the only one

If you can it let me know. I think I saw it in one frame and then it was gone again.
A lot of scenes so only the one strap
1406910558573_01-chris-pratt-peter-quill.jpg

This is actually a modded version (there's an update in the sale thread).

Though honestly I'm pretty sure I'm going to repaint the ****er, the purple is distracting me. Then I can slap the blue decals and and voila, accurate.

A lot of scenes so only the one strap
1406910558573_01-chris-pratt-peter-quill.jpg

Yup! Only one strap throughout the movie. The only scene the third strap is there, is when he's walking up to the temple at the beginning. Then right before he puts his headphones on, it magically vanishes and never shown in the movie again.

Modded mine and removed that third strap. Was kind of a pain because once you take it off, it ruins the longer strap. So I had to readjust it, remove all the gold buttons and reglue them on. :(
11043207_392290457616263_8046046712901790516_o.jpg

Back