Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
StarLord arrived yesterday, and as I was taking him out of the box, several of the little bronze nail heads fell into the plastic tray. I've looked him over, and can't seem to see where they came from. There were extra nail heads packed with the wrist pegs, but I'm not sure if these were just loose in the box or if they actually came off the coat.

Check the man-purse. There's a lot of studs on that that may have fallen off. Or you may just have some loose extras that fell in your box during assembly.

Mine arrived today - I love it and have spent an hour just posting him on my desk during conference calls. Costume is awesome, and the figure has nice articulation.

I may be an outlier, but I am a bit disappointed in the head sculpt in hand - it's not awful by any stretch, but I just am having a hard time seeing Chris Pratt. I actually showed my wife the face without the body and asked who it was (she loved the movie and saw it 3 times - unheard of for her) and she couldn't identify him. Definitely a step down from compared to the Stealth Cap and last Thor likenesses, IMO.

Only other quibble for me is the walkman - a bit annoying not to have it look like the movie version given the price point, but was aware of it before I got him.

Otherwise, absolutely love the figure - one of my favorite Hot Toys figures now (he's my 19th - man, maybe I need to lay off for a while...).

Mine arrived today - I love it and have spent an hour just posting him on my desk during conference calls. Costume is awesome, and the figure has nice articulation.

I may be an outlier, but I am a bit disappointed in the head sculpt in hand - it's not awful by any stretch, but I just am having a hard time seeing Chris Pratt. I actually showed my wife the face without the body and asked who it was (she loved the movie and saw it 3 times - unheard of for her) and she couldn't identify him. Definitely a step down from compared to the Stealth Cap and last Thor likenesses, IMO.

Only other quibble for me is the walkman - a bit annoying not to have it look like the movie version given the price point, but was aware of it before I got him.

Otherwise, absolutely love the figure - one of my favorite Hot Toys figures now (he's my 19th - man, maybe I need to lay off for a while...).

It's not just you; I don't like the head sculpt either. Mine is staying in the box.

When I said about a few weeks ago that I didn't like the sculpt I was told by people here to get my eyes checked. I'm glad I'm not the only one

There are definitely a couple angles where it doesn't look like Pratt, and, like most Tony sculpts, there are certain shots where its dead on. I think its just the eyes again, Hot Toys cannot get the eyes right.

This guy looks so much better in hand than in pictures... I love the digital looking details on the jacket, makes me wonder what their purpose is.

I have to admit he is quite difficult to pose... tore off a couple buttons trying to get his arms straight forward... is there a certain way to put the buttons back on? I've never had to do it before.

Those little bronze buttons seem like more trouble than they're worth, if all of you are having issues with them. Hot Toys should have figured out a better way to do those than make them glorified stickers.

I think the Pratt sculpt is pretty good, but the other sculpt is definitely better. That said I am using the Pratt because I decided that in my house, Star Lord is dancing. For now anyway

I have to admit he is quite difficult to pose... tore off a couple buttons trying to get his arms straight forward... is there a certain way to put the buttons back on? I've never had to do it before.
What I did is got a pair of tweezers, picked up the tiny button with them, then put just a tiny drop of gel superglue on the bottom of the button and carefully dropped it to where it went. The things are tiny so if you do not have perfect vision you'll need some good reading glasses.
Jay

I think the Pratt sculpt is pretty good, but the other sculpt is definitely better. That said I am using the Pratt because I decided that in my house, Star Lord is dancing. For now anyway

I'm gonna use this gif to distract you ya big TurdFurguson
anigif_original-grid-image-6737-1416180306-4.gif

Back