Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh sorry I almost forgot
sticker,375x360.png

Okay so weird question. Contacted Sideshow for a replacement bag since mine didn't have the loop at the end, but I didn't get an email saying they received my inquiry. What's up?

Okay so weird question. Contacted Sideshow for a replacement bag since mine didn't have the loop at the end, but I didn't get an email saying they received my inquiry. What's up?
I'm in the exact same situation. I noticed it said to allow up to 48 hours for reply on the form. I submitted it Tuesday. When did you send yours?

I'm in the exact same situation. I noticed it said to allow up to 48 hours for reply on the form. I submitted it Tuesday. When did you send yours?

Sent mine Wednesday. I sent a request on my Shadow Trooper Monday and got a received notification for that one.

Sent mine Wednesday. I sent a request on my Shadow Trooper Monday and got a received notification for that one.

I will contact them again tomorrow if they haven't responded. I also called and left a message on Tuesday hoping it would result in a more timely resolution. They simply emailed me a link to the return request form.

I have to admit he is quite difficult to pose... tore off a couple buttons trying to get his arms straight forward... is there a certain way to put the buttons back on? I've never had to do it before.

What I did is got a pair of tweezers, picked up the tiny button with them, then put just a tiny drop of gel superglue on the bottom of the button and carefully dropped it to where it went. The things are tiny so if you do not have perfect vision you'll need some good reading glasses.
Jay

To add to what Jayiw said, you should use a toothpick to apply the glue. Get some plain white printer paper to use as a pallet, put a little super glue on that, dip the tip of a toothpick and apply it to the back of the button, then use the tweezers to position it where need be.

For his jacket since it's leather-like, regular super glue will be fine, but if you ever have to do this on a fabric outfit, you have to use gel super glue or the fabric will absorb it and it'll bleed

To add to what Jayiw said, you should use a toothpick to apply the glue. Get some plain white printer paper to use as a pallet, put a little super glue on that, dip the tip of a toothpick and apply it to the back of the button, then use the tweezers to position it where need be.

For his jacket since it's leather-like, regular super glue will be fine, but if you ever have to do this on a fabric outfit, you have to use gel super glue or the fabric will absorb it and it'll bleed

Thank you both... I finally got him in a pose I like and the man-purse strap is covering the missing button, so for now i'm gonna leave it be... But i never thought of using a toothpick, thanks again.

So I just got home and was super excited to open him up. As soon as I got it open and pulled him from his plastic tray, his freaking left leg falls down. Its broken at the knee. I tried to push it back in, but it won't stay. Sucks. I already emailed SSC for a replacement. I really hope they don't make me have to undress him and risk breaking anything just to damage the body. Ugh. What a disappointment.

Sorry to hear that, rambler...I'm sure SSC will make good for you there....

Well...He showed up today...was at work so didn't get to do much but pull him out of the box and grab a couple snaps outside....

My first impressions....he's great! Gonna have to use real care in handling him though...that outfit, especially the jacket, looks like it could get messed up pretty easy. Glad to see HT included extra brads here like the did with WS.

I know some are having issues with the unmasked portrait, but I like it...a lot. Just a bit of a jovial 'tude with that not-quite-a-smirk and the paint features HT's usual good flair. But the show-stopper here is the clothes...that jacket...just...wow! Tons of amazing detail. Some of the folks I work with commented immediately on that. It is really awesome looking.

Looking forward to (carefully) switching up poses and getting some more shots. Like a lot of figures, he really shines here in natural light.

Hope others do too...this is one figure that'll be fun to see all sorts n' styles of pics of....

So I just got home and was super excited to open him up. As soon as I got it open and pulled him from his plastic tray, his freaking left leg falls down. Its broken at the knee. I tried to push it back in, but it won't stay. Sucks. I already emailed SSC for a replacement. I really hope they don't make me have to undress him and risk breaking anything just to damage the body. Ugh. What a disappointment.

Can you take a picture of the actual knee joint, to see where it broke?

Can you take a picture of the actual knee joint, to see where it broke?

Without actually taking the pants off, it feels like the plug at the top of the knee that would push into the thigh is where its broken. I could feel the "pronged" piece at the top of the lower leg that would fit into the thigh.

Do you have any suggestions to fix?

Without actually taking the pants off, it feels like the plug at the top of the knee that would push into the thigh is where its broken. I could feel the "pronged" piece at the top of the lower leg that would fit into the thigh.

Do you have any suggestions to fix?

Wow, that's something you don't see everyday. Amazing how that would even get past QC.

If the peg of the knee joint snapped off, you're best bet is to replace it like Centrocal with a spare if you have. If not, SS will probably end up sending you a full body as a replacement.

Back