Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The irony is that poor Tonto is doomed to be paired up with another unwanted Hot Toys figure in Jake from Avatar These two will be long time pals in the sideshow warehouse, and Avatar is supposedly the most successful film ever!

It is. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films#Highest-grossing_films
But only a fraction of "normal" moviegoers would be in the market for this kind of thing. And even fewer would be able to pay the costs(When i tell people what these things cost, lol, they spit out their coffee). So to assume that there could be any correlation between a 3 billion dollar movie and how well the collectibles sell isn't a good comparison. I loved Avatar and would have been all in for characters. I'm still upset we never got Jake in his wheelchair or Grace.
I suppose it must be a real crap shoot to guess what will and what won't sell. For every hawkeye, there's a bruce banner...

So, does anyone think we will get Marty early? It seems the production line in China has stepped up a gear in the last six months...

What do I know but I think HT shoots themselves in the foot sometimes by leaving these lines incomplete. People wanted Neytiri more than they wanted Jake Sully and they might have actually bought Jake if HT had made Neytiri. Maybe more people would have bought into the Platoon line if they had any confidence HT would complete at least the main 3 guys....which they did not.

My Taylor and Barnes are so sad without Elias. Though the speculative part of me thinks that Dafoe might be a difficult likeness to secure contractually. Was his likeness ever featured on the Raimi Spider-Man toys?

I definitely agree with everybody. Even though I despised the film (Verbinski's attempt to make The Ranger more relatable by having his journey begin with a buffoon doing a slapstick routine that would be more befitting of Chaplin's "little tramp" ). Well, I won't even say I despised the film; I despised the first half, and, as a long time fan of the character, that, ultimately, just made me feel sad. When that William Tell Overture kicked in, and The Ranger was riding alongside that train, I thought "this is the movie I wanted to see." If the rest of the film had been like the last half hour, I'd have been extremely satisfied. With that being said, even though I disliked a large part of the film, I was still interested in the figures, as I dug the character designs, and enjoyed the "crescendo" of the film, if you will.

Without the Ranger, though, any enthusiasm I had was drained completely.

I get that Reid was supposed to be the "reluctant hero", and I liked the "wrong brother" angle, but yeah, they did make him seem a little too incompetent.

Back on topic, I doubt we'll see Marty early as Chinese factories are now closed for business until Chinese New Year, which is a couple of months away.

I'm really looking forward to this guy. I was on the fence, but then I got on the Waitlist, and, now that he's converted, I'm definitely in it for the long haul. These are some of my favorite films (they're ridiculously rewatchable, and that's how I can always judge the films I love from the films I like), and this figure is just too damn cool. I really do need to get the movies on Blu-Ray, though. I can't believe how often I get the urge to watch these and then remember that I don't actually own them.

So, does anyone think we will get Marty early? It seems the production line in China has stepped up a gear in the last six months...

Yeah its possible, HT's Star-Lord fig was due out Jan 2015 & he has already been out for a week. So being that Marty was due in March we might see him in Jan or Feb.
I just wish HT would show us their Doc, I hope they are still making him. :pray:

2015 release according to Hot Toys Secret Base, from Anthony Tsang (budget Stark)

Q1:IGOR,Mark 39
Q1/Q2:Wiplash, Electro
Q2: Batman Arkham,Gamora,Groot,Rocket and set,Mk41 Bones
Q2/Q3 Marty, Mk3 Diecast
Q3 1/4 Boba Fett,Mark 43,Han Solo,Chewbacca and set, Stormtrooper Pack.
Q3/Q4: Wolverine DOFP,John Matrix
Q4: Vader,Robocop BD version and Set
Q4/Q12016 : Appleseed,Ichabod Crane,Bat signal+Blake+Gordon

2015 release according to Hot Toys Secret Base, from Anthony Tsang (budget Stark)

Q1:IGOR,Mark 39
Q1/Q2:Wiplash, Electro
Q2: Batman Arkham,Gamora,Groot,Rocket and set,Mk41 Bones
Q2/Q3 Marty, Mk3 Diecast
Q3 1/4 Boba Fett,Mark 43,Han Solo,Chewbacca and set, Stormtrooper Pack.
Q3/Q4: Wolverine DOFP,John Matrix
Q4: Vader,Robocop BD version and Set
Q4/Q12016 : Appleseed,Ichabod Crane,Bat signal+Blake+Gordon

That's all very well and good, but where the ****** is my Raiden, Hot Toys? :slap

Damn, sorry I kind of forgot quarter is every three months not on the third month, anyway that is the most anticipated figure for me since SSC Indiana Jones i think will come out in November or December plus the other one was batman returns and we all know marvel has movies this year so we won't be seeing that figure anytime soon.

I'm dying for this one too, I'm just hoping this is the only real heavy delay it gets.

Yeah I plan to have this one before summer, Arkham Batman I want to see In hand pics but I'm pretty sure I'll get it. I canceled my Han Solo because Star wars is collection of its own and I can't afford that. I will stick to cult classics.

Back