Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. No rush here. I am hoping they will tweak the headsculpt, but I am not expecting it. The likeness is acceptable as-is, but I really think it could be better. That said, HT rarely updates these things so I won't be holding my breath. I'm getting him no matter what because we probably won't be getting any other BTTF 1/6 figures for a very long time (if ever).

Yeah. No rush here. I am hoping they will tweak the headsculpt, but I am not expecting it. The likeness is acceptable as-is, but I really think it could be better. That said, HT rarely updates these things so I won't be holding my breath. I'm getting him no matter what because we probably won't be getting any other BTTF 1/6 figures for a very long time (if ever).

Unless they pull the same trick they pulled with the latest Tony Stark figure. They announced him one day and he was on sale in HK the next day.

I don't think we should go by SSC release dates as they are constantly getting them wrong. We know they won't receive HT figures at least 4 to 6 weeks after HT releases them and yet for several figures they are posting release dates earlier than HT release dates.

If this is Q2/Q3 for HT, which could be June/July, it will be more likely August for SSC.

If this is Q2/Q3 for HT, which could be June/July, it will be more likely August for SSC.

Yep. I bet you're right. Not sure why SSC continues to be so optimistic with the dates they put on their site. Perhaps they feel it is better to set expectations earlier so people save their money in time. If something is due to be released in Q2-Q3 and they put a release date of August on their site but the figure comes out earlier in June, people might get mad because they don't have the money saved up yet. However, if they put the release date as March then people will try to have the money ready to go by then. If the item comes out in March; great. If it gets delayed until July; then people will complain, but they should (hopefully) still have the money ready.

I'm dying for this one too, I'm just hoping this is the only real heavy delay it gets.

jrs23641.jpg

Nah, most likely it's stuff in the pipeline that is backed up so things get shuffled around. This is a nostalgia license meaning that people who are going to buy are going to buy regardless, it can be push back further and further without people really hedging versus a popular now license which the longer the delay, the more people start to look for the next shiny thing.

I have a feeling we'll see a Doc at SDCC and not actually get him in hand until sometime in 2016. I wouldn't be shocked if they do a BTTF II version of Marty and Doc (2 pack?) to show at SDCC in honor of the year and have them ship out Q3 or Q4 in 2016.

I've loved these movies since I discovered them on vhs. Still, when I first saw the release I kept thinking it's just Marty. Hot Toys has gotten me a little too use to musclebound comic releases to be a good judge of human figures. However, that was a first impression and I've since become entranced by all the little details. I'll never own the DeLorean but the possibility of having Marty and Doc side by side is too good to pass up.

Well just got my notice of payment on my flex from SSC, I know its not guaranteeing release in march but makes me feel like its closer!:yess:

I know, After the Plissken figure to me it feels like a lifetime that I owe that last flex after being bumped all those months.

tumblr_m287qhzkjS1r3d8abo1_500.gif

if the figure get delayed that we are sure of that, the flexpay will too. Snake plissken was due on August 2014 and my last flex has been bumped till February 2015.they wont let you pay the whole figure till they have it in hand.

That's correct. I only have one payment left on Saruman pf which was supposed to be charged this month but because of the delay it won't be charged until March.

Back