Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread's been dead for a bit and there's been some talk about Marty over in the Mark III diecast thread, so I thought I'd redirect. :lol Does everyone here think this will still be released in February or are you anticipating a delay?
I'd love if this released early. One of my most wanted figures, really wish Doc would be revealed.

If it's a quick release after reveal like Shadow Trooper, that'd be awesome! Marty doesn't have to be alone for very long.

In some ways I'd kind of like if Hot Toys would do reveals with quick releases more often but I don't think it'll happen too regularly. Plus I guess its nice to have time to save up money or to gradually flex pay something.

I'm hoping Doc is one of the 12 Days reveals... If they go Lone Ranger with this, I'm gonna be pissed... :lol

Same here. But this is a little different than LR IMO. The ranger was the main character of the movie named after him. While Doc is just as important as Marty in the trilogy, Marty is the star and doc not being made wouldn't piss me off near as much as the ranger being cancelled.

Same here. But this is a little different than LR IMO. The ranger was the main character of the movie named after him. While Doc is just as important as Marty in the trilogy, Marty is the star and doc not being made wouldn't piss me off near as much as the ranger being cancelled.

It's Doc Brown, fellas. We gotta have the Doc. There is no BTTF without him.

doc-brown-620x350.jpg

And I think we'll get him. Eventually. FWIW, the '55 Doc won some HT poll. Matrix won a similar poll a couple of years ago, but I'd much rather have an '85 Doc.

Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible F...

Doc is much more beloved than the lone Ranger movie that people have long forgotten

Personally I'd prefer the Ranger but I know I'm in a very small minority.

Hey, how about a Western two-pack with the Ranger and 1885 Doc!

^^ I don't think doc will sit in the same package as ranger! I mean seriously that would be an insult to doc! ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely get what Rambler is saying, and I do agree with him. As integral as Doc was to the plot of the films, and as iconic as he's become, he's still a supporting character. The Lone Ranger is supposed to be about The Lone Ranger, and I think the only thing worse than not making the title character is making him, but never releasing him. I have no fear that Doc will be released, though, after seeing how quickly those EX. Martys hit the waitlist.

I wonder if he'll have rooted hair or not. I think it really adds to characters like Doc, Beetlejuice, etc. in that 1.) it isn't too difficult, as it doesn't require much in the way of styling, and 2.) it adds an extra level of realism to it, while also cementing that eccentricity.

You can't blame Hot Toys for not releasing The Ranger, though. The movie was a complete bomb, the figure would have only appealed to a semaller number of fans and would have been a huge shelf warmer and a big waste of money for both Hot Toys and retailers. It's sucks if you're a fan of the movie but it's completely understandable why The Ranger was cancelled.

You can't blame Hot Toys for not releasing The Ranger, though. The movie was a complete bomb, the figure would have only appealed to a semaller number of fans and would have been a huge shelf warmer and a big waste of money for both Hot Toys and retailers. It's sucks if you're a fan of the movie but it's completely understandable why The Ranger was cancelled.

I agree with this. It is a shame the movie did not do better. I for one enjoyed it, with the exception of a few parts that should have been cut. And to release only Tonto was a joke and only done because it was Depp. Oh well. I would have bought the two as a two pack. No need for just a Tonto on my shelf.

And thanks for trying to understand what I was saying batfan. :hi5:

I agree with this. It is a shame the movie did not do better. I for one enjoyed it, with the exception of a few parts that should have been cut. And to release only Tonto was a joke and only done because it was Depp. Oh well. I would have bought the two as a two pack. No need for just a Tonto on my shelf.

And thanks for trying to understand what I was saying batfan. :hi5:

I actually think the movie would have been decent if it did not keep cutting back to the kid and old Tonto. I feel like they did that to water it down.

The irony is that poor Tonto is doomed to be paired up with another unwanted Hot Toys figure in Jake from Avatar These two will be long time pals in the sideshow warehouse, and Avatar is supposedly the most successful film ever!

What do I know but I think HT shoots themselves in the foot sometimes by leaving these lines incomplete. People wanted Neytiri more than they wanted Jake Sully and they might have actually bought Jake if HT had made Neytiri. Maybe more people would have bought into the Platoon line if they had any confidence HT would complete at least the main 3 guys....which they did not.

Exactly A-Dev! And the lack of a Ranger is why I opted NOT to buy Tonto... But Doc not appearing yet is most likely a technical or scheduling issue... We need Doc with the perfect expression an so I'm happy to wait for it - although I do hope for two head sculpts... I expect only one :rotfl

Back