Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to those who are able to collect all of these things. I'm sure many envy you. Just be sure to post some nice pics for the little people to save and cherish and dream. That's all we ask.

HKD $2,980 is only $ 384.36 USD at the current exchange rate.
And on the HT Japan site it's 65000 yen which is around $550 and that's with a strong dollar. Something doesn't quite make sense it's 20000 yen less if you buy it in HKD.

And on the HT Japan site it's 65000 yen which is around $550 and that's with a strong dollar. Something doesn't quite make sense it's 20000 yen less if you buy it in HKD.

I just checked at Toy Sapiens (authorized reseller in Japan) and they have it at 58,500 yen. I think or HOPE is going to be around $450 USD.

Strange that Iron Man is about what we'd expect, but Boba is so much cheaper. I wonder if it's a typo?

It could be, but Iron Man is die cast, has a load more moving parts to mould, and includes a Head sculpt. Boba might be 1/4 scale but the cost of the extra plastic aside I could see him being a reasonable price.

This thing looks AMAZING. I don't see any major issues with it. Nitpicks are nitpicks. I think remaking the original Kenner 12" figures in this scale would make for an epic display.

That's only because the yen is historically weak right now. By the time Fett comes out it probably won't be.

People are agreeing with your post.. but just to clarify, are you actually talking about SSC - or HT? :lol

I don't see SSC making ANY 1/4 scale SW figures.
I know Sideshow Alex mentioned SSC was also going to release SW 1:4 stuff, but it's hard to see how you divvy up those releases between core characters and niche ones like Greedo or a Tusken Raider, for example. Hard for me to imagine too many people forking over $400 or $500 for those kinds of characters in this scale. HT may have 1:4 all sewn up.

Nope, it was 1:4 figures, for sure. We'll see now if something comes out or if it gets quietly dropped. If I can remember where it's posted, I'll quote it here.

Edit: OK, so not quite as direct as I remembered:

Simply...We (Sideshow) and Hot Toys will both be creating Star Wars Sixth Scale Figures. I'm not privvy to license information (not could I share it if I was), so I am unable to answer your license specific question.
Small addition: And we'll both be creating 1/4 scale Star Wars collectibles as well. :)

In context to the conversation, I definitely took her second post to mean 1:4 figures but "collectibles" does leave it open to interpretation. I'd also argue, though, that SSC have been doing 1:4 SW PFs for ages, right, so I'm assuming that wouldn't count as news (and genuinely asking, here, as I don't collect statues but my understanding is SSC has a SW 1:4 statue line already).

Last edited:
Hmmm. The fact that she says "...we'll both be creating 1/4 scale..." does heavily imply that Sideshow will be doing 1/4 figures. But she did use the word "collectibles", so maybe she just wanted to assure us that Sideshow is not leaving the SW franchise.

Nope, it was 1:4 figures, for sure. We'll see now if something comes out or if it gets quietly dropped. If I can remember where it's posted, I'll quote it here.

Have to agree, the cost of 1/4 scale figures of this (expected) quality, will probably make many collectors very picky about purchases.. personally I would only be looking to get a couple of figures, in this scale.. and I have to be realistic, Boushh Leia is unlikely to be made.

An interesting question is whether HT's 1/4 scale releases, might prompt NECA to consider some SW figures.. I would not be surprised if more collectors were tempted by a wider range of figures (although LOTR only got a limited number of 1/4 figures) at the 'Reel Toys' figure price point, .. bottom line is, this scale (at any price point) takes up a lot of display space ..and imho that factor will force even collectors with deep pockets to be selective.

That said, HT's 1/4 Boba is definitely going in the collection! :rock

Buddy of mine in hong kong says it will be 2989 HKD. About 308 euros and 385 usd. Add about 60 to 70 euros shipping to that.

Best,

Robert

Definitely just sounds like what Alex meant is SS will make 1/4 PFs and the news is that HT will make 1/4 too, in their case figures. She says a broad term, collectibles, that works for both items. Doesn't seem like there's something to read into.

Back