Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got mine today, Sunday no less! I just don't like it at all. What a big waste of plastic. So many defects and scratches. Definately selling it on ebay. I could always get more enjoyment out of it and recreate this scene,

picture.php

"Good-bye" indeed.

:horror:horror:horror:horror:horror:horror:horror

I noticed the insides of the air intakes (in front of the rear wheels) are smooth and don't have any grill detailing. Is it like that on the real tumbler?

Is it just the photos or does the car overall look too much like plastic?

Yes, it's made of mostly plastic but could've a better job been done making it look like metal? I don't know, that's why i'm curious.

The scale and the tires are awesome but the car looks like a toy to me instead of the Tumbler show piece it needed to be for that price. :dunno

I guess it depends on how you look at it. From my point of view, having a collection of Danbury mint cars (only a few, the batmobiles and the General Lee) I wanted more metal because of the "feel". If you have a Batpod, I think that the Tumbler looks more metal than the Batpod does. What really makes it look like metal, that gives it the illusion is metal, IMO, is the combination of the rubber tires, and a few small components which are gloss metal. Turn on the lights and for sure you have the metal illusion.

If you stare at the gold rods which hold the fins, then you can see the plastic clearly. Those things are a dead give away to it.

If you look in the interior, again dead give away to plastic.

Overall though, when it is on display, it looks the way the Tumbler should from the movie. The fact it is that matt black really helps it maintain the illusion.

On display, I have to say from people who have seen it, they are completely wowed by it.

When you handle it though, you can definitely tell it is plastic, and with how careful you have to be with it.

Like I said before, I wish it was a diecast metal, but heh, it is not, it looks like it is, and is a great scaled rep of the Tumbler. When you put it on display you quickly get past the way it felt when yoiu handled it.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. From my point of view, having a collection of Danbury mint cars (only a few, the batmobiles and the General Lee) I wanted more metal because of the "feel". If you have a Batpod, I think that the Tumbler looks more metal than the Batpod does. What really makes it look like metal, that gives it the illusion is metal, IMO, is the combination of the rubber tires, and a few small components which are gloss metal. Turn on the lights and for sure you have the metal illusion.

If you stare at the gold rods which hold the fins, then you can see the plastic clearly. Those things are a dead give away to it.

If you look in the interior, again dead give away to plastic.

Overall though, when it is on display, it looks the way the Tumbler should from the movie. The fact it is that matt black really helps it maintain the illusion.

On display, I have to say from people who have seen it, they are completely wowed by it.

When you handle it though, you can definitely tell it is plastic, and with how careful you have to be with it.

Like I said before, I wish it was a diecast metal, but heh, it is not, it looks like it is, and is a great scaled rep of the Tumbler. When you put it on display you quickly get past the way it felt when yoiu handled it.

Awesome review, breakdown and observation!

Thanks for taking the time to write that :rock

for those of you who aren't satisfied with some defects on the tumbler and are considering selling it, think again. i've been told that HT manufactured these behemoths at a loss because of their sheer weight and production cost. and they are not making another batch. this is the one and only time they will ever issue the tumbler. so if you have it, i suggest you keep it... i got mine, and while it's a pain in the ass to store and maintain, i know nothing like this will ever be made again.

for those of you who aren't satisfied with some defects on the tumbler and are considering selling it, think again. i've been told that HT manufactured these behemoths at a loss because of their sheer weight and production cost. and they are not making another batch. this is the one and only time they will ever issue the tumbler. so if you have it, i suggest you keep it... i got mine, and while it's a pain in the ass to store and maintain, i know nothing like this will ever be made again.

Where did you hear or read this information?...I wasnt planning on selling mine anyway. But im just curious...

Chris

Where did you hear or read this information?...I wasnt planning on selling mine anyway. But im just curious...

Chris

from my friendly retailer. he usually takes orders in batches, and he's honest with me if i can wait for the next batch of any Hot Toy since i'm always travelling and often not available to collect my orders. but he told me to hustle this time cos there won't be another batch. those who ordered late had it all cancelled. even he couldn't secure his own set.

and let's just say he couldn't give any special preorder prices either like he normally would...

from my friendly retailer. he usually takes orders in batches, and he's honest with me if i can wait for the next batch of any Hot Toy since i'm always travelling and often not available to collect my orders. but he told me to hustle this time cos there won't be another batch. those who ordered late had it all cancelled. even he couldn't secure his own set.

and let's just say he couldn't give any special preorder prices either like he normally would...

Hmm...well thats interesting news. I wonder how many tumblers were actually produced then?

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back