Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice case!

Thanks!

Looks cool...if you don't mind, what did it set you back?

It set me back by abit too much I think.:lol The damage was about US$70.

very nice looking... can I ask what were the dimensions of the case??? thanks

Thanks, sure, I provided the fabricator the following dimensions.
Length = 85cm, Breadth = 60cm, Height = 35cm. I rounded the numbers up from the dimensions provided on the cardboard box. The black acrylic base is 1cm thick and the acrylic case is 3mm all round. Hope the info helps.

It looks awesome in that case congrats. :rock :rock

Thanks jay. :)

Case looks great Shaun! Where did you get it from?

Hi Reinhardt, I got a local plastic fabricator to produce it.

Just to add on, heeding a friend's warning about the potential of the rubber tires fusing to the plastic base and his advice about wedging pieces of paper between the wheels and base, I added a old free poster to the base by cutting it to size.

3829194419_6f420b24f2.jpg

Here's how it looks now.

3829994458_900e95652b.jpg

Yours is the first time I looked at this behemoth and thought it looked classy and worthy of the price instead of something less than that.....you know, like a very large plastic toy...:lol

Now you just have to pose a Batman in there and you're all set.

Congrats and also nice job providing info for others, you are a model citizen collector (pun intended) :rock

But the cardboard box has to go....:lol

Actually, it's kind of grown on me now......Acrylic combined with cardboard looks risky and exciting....:lol

Last edited:
Yeah Shaun!!! great display case!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know where Im going to display my tumbler when it arrives in one week :lol

Painful! I just got notice the Tumbler has just been despatched from forbiddenplanet.com. It'll probably be the same delivery with Parcelforce 48 as thats who delivered the Pod. I haven't got the tracking yet but I'm sure it's in the process being such a huge box. Ouch! Hopefully it'll be here within the week.

can someone post a pic of them holding this monster up in their hands to get a better idea of how big sorry huge this thing really is?

that case is awesome but finding something to put it on will be a challenge

The bad ass Batman Poster Floor he's using makes up for the cardboard box though....:rock

Hey, if you need to borrow a table, just come on over and pick it up, I have an extra in the garage....:lol

Yeah Shaun!!! great display case!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont know where Im going to display my tumbler when it arrives in one week :lol

Thanks Padrinno, hope you find a good solution to display your tumbler. :)

Perfect! That will be the main attraction! :monkey5

Thanks, TDK2301.

Yeah, the Tumbler does look great in that case - but you really should move it off the cardboard. It kind of pulls down the class :lol

Wow so much trouble for an awesome case and not enough money for a table?:lol

Patience, I'm waiting for carpentry quotes to come in. :)

The bad ass Batman Poster Floor he's using makes up for the cardboard box though....:rock

Hey, if you need to borrow a table, just come on over and pick it up, I have an extra in the garage....:lol

Thanks for the offer. :lol

Last edited:
Just out of interest, Shaun... I'm curious what your occupation is. Reason being just looking at your site I don't think you've missed any figure released so far. Thats some collection!

You must have a good income getting 3 - 4 figures regularly?...

Hi vodoun, thanks for checking out my site. There are quite a few figures that I passed on over the years actually, as my main focus is on comic-based movie figures and some Transformers. I'm an IT professional, and just have enough to put 60% of my monthly pay into savings (as per wife's requirements), and the rest on expenses and hobbies. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back