Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any european customers of Toys2 get their shipping notice yet? I still haven't. Its just "wait, wait wait" with this thing.

Great site and great forum. I just started out as I got mesmerized by the details of TDK. Tried everything I could to resist but this is ridiculous and futile!!!
Just picked up my Tumbler from Toys2 last week and Joker on order coming Sept. I actually live in Toronto/Markham so I actually get to go to the store to grab it. My first unit had some crazy defect so Eric suggested to swap his still wrapped display model with mine instead of trying to escalate it to HT. Going to try to make my own case soon but this thing is so huge I had to reorganize my entire AC setup to make space for this. To get some idea of size the TV is 52"!

BTW every time I go by Toys2 I see him getting new shipment of the tumbler :)

Great site and great forum. I just started out as I got mesmerized by the details of TDK. Tried everything I could to resist but this is ridiculous and futile!!!
Just picked up my Tumbler from Toys2 last week and Joker on order coming Sept. I actually live in Toronto/Markham so I actually get to go to the store to grab it. My first unit had some crazy defect so Eric suggested to swap his still wrapped display model with mine instead of trying to escalate it to HT. Going to try to make my own case soon but this thing is so huge I had to reorganize my entire AC setup to make space for this. To get some idea of size the TV is 52"!

BTW every time I go by Toys2 I see him getting new shipment of the tumbler :)

Great score and welcome to the forum! I used to live in Thornhill, but didn't know about Toys2 until I moved to the US! :(

My first unit had some crazy defect

Jeez with all these reports of defects its coming across to me like 2 out of every 3 Tumblers has one problem and/or another. So what was wrong with yours? And welcome aboard!

As I'm in Ireland I'll just have to accept whatever I get. I won't mind the odd scratch but I hope all the lights will work and that there'll be no major chaffing in prominent areas....which is of course where they're most likely to be :rolleyes:

Jeez with all these reports of defects its coming across to me like 2 out of every 3 Tumblers has one problem and/or another. So what was wrong with yours? And welcome aboard!

As I'm in Ireland I'll just have to accept whatever I get. I won't mind the odd scratch but I hope all the lights will work and that there'll be no major chaffing in prominent areas....which is of course where they're most likely to be :rolleyes:

Check out my 3rd picture. Looks like the main issue was that someone decided to use superglue to put things together and on my particular unit another someone got some on his/her finger which then got smeared on to one of the side flaps.
I can find similar defects all over the place on both my first and second unit where pistons are attached and even in the windows. I think I saw someone else posting the same observations here somewhere earlier on this thread.
Looking at the behind the scenes pictures from the HT blog I would say the operators where not given a lot of room to maneuver and the tumblers did not get any white glove treatment either and hence many minor scratches
Considering that the toyish Mattel? Millennium Falcon was selling for almost $200 (at first) and the Master Replica one was $2000 I still consider the Tumbler a bargain. It is detail and accurate enough to be a collectors item just too bad they outsourced the manufacturing to some factory that did not have the proper process and heart in the right place :(

That looks incredible. Too bad they are in Singapore. Shipping to the US will be expensive. I wanted to find something similar over here but all I could find was a place called "Cases For Collectibles" and the cost to make a case of approximate size was ridiculously expensive, almost as much as the cost of the Tumbler.

Hi vodoun, thanks for checking out my site. There are quite a few figures that I passed on over the years actually, as my main focus is on comic-based movie figures and some Transformers. I'm an IT professional, and just have enough to put 60% of my monthly pay into savings (as per wife's requirements), and the rest on expenses and hobbies. :)

What's your favourite part of your collection so far?...

I'm now really dreading how mine is going to arrive.

to be honest I would like the lights to work but will not be upset if that is the only thing wrong since mine will be in a acrylic case.

What's your favourite part of your collection so far?...

I think we all do, for those who's hasn't arrived yet.

the majority seems to have those paint flaws, that really sucks for this pricelevel:nono

Scratching and chaffing (sp?) will be annoying but I'm hoping to be able to put it down to 'battle damage' which of course its quite conceivable the Tumbler would sustain. I'd just prefer, if I'm to have it at all, that it'd be on the sides of the vehicle and not on the top surfaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back