Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine came with the "metal" turbo engine exhaust thing on the very back end loose. Also the magnet that locks the hood in place when it's open is so strong it came unglued and was stuck to the thin part of the roof. Had to glue both back on and it's good now but I'm noticing a major drop in QC at Hot Toys.

My Iron Man Mk2 came literally in pieces. all kinds of parts had fallen off in shipping (the box was $100 unopened-came from SSC) and his leg was so unglued, it was coming apart at the seam and just flopping on his hip joint.

My Batmobile also had the scuffs and other things most here have described.The foam rubbed off so bad on the front tires, it's left a white mark I can't fully remove. For $500 this is simply inexcusible. Hot Toys had better up their quality control or tarnish their reputation with us collectors forever.

In total agreement here! More pics please!

As you wish :rotfl

002.jpg

005.jpg

Just opened it up to inspect it...What a BEAST. Whoever said pics don't do it justics are not wrong!:horror

Since Joe still hasn't said a word, I am glad somebody said it, because I am not getting excited with what I've seen so far....

I've had the beast for about a week now and my eyes are just now getting used to the size of the thing. Posing figures around it helps a lot for acclimating to its size, especially the V1 BB Batman. Seven days later and it is still a little mind blowing.

I keep thinking of this thing as I do the Jesus phone -- the iPhone to those who don't watch Attack of the Show. The Batmobile is a game changer and insanely great in so many ways and yet it's still riddled with these little letdowns. Scuff marks, dual circular glossy spots in the back, bits that need gluing, interior detail that is bland and boring, a steering wheel column that doesn't want to stay in place. And like the Jesus phone, the thing has a price point that is at the same time a bargain for all the greatness that you're getting, yet too high to put up with all these bush league letdowns.

You can bet the next Batmobile sized collectibles from Hot Toys will be wrapped in some type of protective wrap before they they ship it. Nothing will make me feel like a foolish early adopter more than if they release a Batmobile DX next year with everything we're complaining about fixed and upgraded.

You can bet the next Batmobile sized collectibles from Hot Toys will be wrapped in some type of protective wrap before they they ship it. Nothing will make me feel like a foolish early adopter more than if they release a Batmobile DX next year with everything we're complaining about fixed and upgraded.

If somebody defends Hot Toys for this I think I'll throw a hissy fit in between when they peeve off all the collectors that bought it. I'm not saying HT will make another version but could you imagine the hue and cry if they did. It's somewhat abuse they seem to portray for devaluing collectables and they do it so well. This is no tinker toy either.

I've had the beast for about a week now and my eyes are just now getting used to the size of the thing. Posing figures around it helps a lot for acclimating to its size, especially the V1 BB Batman. Seven days later and it is still a little mind blowing.

I keep thinking of this thing as I do the Jesus phone -- the iPhone to those who don't watch Attack of the Show. The Batmobile is a game changer and insanely great in so many ways and yet it's still riddled with these little letdowns. Scuff marks, dual circular glossy spots in the back, bits that need gluing, interior detail that is bland and boring, a steering wheel column that doesn't want to stay in place. And like the Jesus phone, the thing has a price point that is at the same time a bargain for all the greatness that you're getting, yet too high to put up with all these bush league letdowns.

I like that analogy........ I am reasonably satisfied especially if I can fix some of the minor flaws still myself.
BTW lately I dun mind that Oliva was on vacation.... if you know what I mean :D

I don't think they're getting all their Tumbler orders in hand all at once because the boxes are so huge and their store apparently is small. I got an email from them yesterday asking if I would like them to open it and check for defects - so it seems they're also running inspections on the Batmobiles because they're aware that there have been some problems and they'd rather not have to deal with customer returns on such a huge piece.

Thanks. They called me this afternoon to double check my credit card info and I got the shipping notice just now. It will seem like forever until Monday.

The long awaited Hot Toys Batmobile is here...

I just got mine today. I preordered it last October and I got it for a great price, under $400. Enjoy a real spectical!

DSCN1180.jpg

DSCN1181.jpg

DSCN1182.jpg

DSCN1183.jpg

DSCN1184.jpg

I think I'll have to build a unit to put the Tumbler in with making part of the cave all surrounding the car with some small LED lights and sliding glass doors.

I'd love to display it sitting in the dark partially lit up looking very stealth and menacing with cavern type sharp objects in it's background all casting shadows from the unit LED's and the car LED's.

Seeing it all lit up in the dark is so lovely to create that form of effect. Tempted to dig out the Batman Begins DVD!

Cheesy vid I know but just to show the lights. ¬_¬

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/B8ZnJJ-uUIo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/B8ZnJJ-uUIo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>
dscf7306.jpg

dscf7311.jpg

I want to get one of these, but, am very worried about the issues people are having. I haven't read thru the entire thread, are some people getting them in mint condition? Or, are all of them arriving with defects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back