Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The long awaited Hot Toys Batmobile is here...

Looks great. How often do you have to dust your figures, man?

..and...

... doesn't this belong in the DC section?

That is a very nice addition, The tumbler is growing on me

Awesome score bud. Not meaning to nitpick here, but this will be moved into the DC Tumber/Batpod thread. The moderators here are very finicky when it comes to how things are in their appropriate place.

I think at 400$ this is about 100$ overpriced.

I just received mine today.

tumblerbox.jpg

Too bad I'll have to wait till tonight before I can open this up and inspect for possible defects.

The size is similar to the studio scale SW vehicles made by MR and now eFX.
Their retail prices have climbed up to the $1000 range (not counting the Falcon).
Materials are different though, so hard to directly compare in terms of price.

I want to get one of these, but, am very worried about the issues people are having. I haven't read thru the entire thread, are some people getting them in mint condition? Or, are all of them arriving with defects?

Mine seems to be mint when I last checked it. Nothing broken. It seems fragile though. Dammit! I wished it was made of sterner stuff.

Mine got here around an hour ago.Weirdest thing,i was actually looking at the on-line tracking when the doorbell rang!Im not entirely sure,because times been frozen for the last hour,since the Parcelforce guy trundled it up to my house(I live a little off the road)on a trolley.A trolley,no less!!In my 43 years,thats the first thing i ve ever had delivered on a trolley.It s quite a thing to see.Almost apologized.And no customs charges either!!

So now it s in the house.I spent the next 10 minutes excruciatingly slowly peeling away the outer layer of brown paper away with a knife so as not to damage the shipping carton.And i ll say now that the time Hot Toys spent designing the packaging for this was time very well spent indeed from my viewpoint,because this baby has arrived in absolutely perfect condition,in fact I find it hard to believe on Monday it was in Hong Kong and now it s here.Ca nt praise Leo and Goodshipped enough,step forward and take a bow my freind!!

I think mines been assembled over the last week or so because everything is just so fresh and new,the tape just fell away from the grey polystyrene innard,and the instructions fell away from the lid.And the smell-GOD,the smell!!You know,i have nt been well last year or so breathing problems perhaps related to my courier work and I have nt been able to taste or smell properly but touchwood the last course of tablets have worked and everythings been restored to it s rightful place and i ve been gorging on all the smells and flavours this wonderful world has to offer.But you know the scent i ve missed slightly less than my Girlfreinds perfume?That new toy smell.It s gorgeous!!This is new cardboard,fresh glue,plastic and rubber and it s one heady cocktail.

So it s just sitting there on it s tray,with all the packaging and everything and im an 8 year old on Christmas morning again and Santas dropped off the 21st centurys equivalent of the Action Man Scorpion Tank!!I just lay there with it,spinning it on the carpet,drinking in all the many glorious little details,the dials,tanks,the weathered exhaust,the tyres,wheels,all the flaps and complex shapes,how the HELL have they mass-produced this thing???If thats true what I read about it being produced at a loss it s easy to see why.This,the Mark One Iron Man,Hot Toys are producing art for the masses.

To sum up,if you want this masterpiece find a way,beg steal or borrow.We may not see it s like again.I ordered and paid for this June 2008 and it s been worth every second of the wait and then some.Finest 1/6 vehicle ever,God Bless Hot Toys!!

Last edited:
Great little write up there MM, I guess only a fellow 1/6th junkie can appreciate that feeling... most 'sane' adults would look at us like we are deluded, but that feeling of opening up a new purchase and drinking in all the detail really does bring back the feelings of being a kid all over again!
It's difficult keeping your enthusiasm in check sometimes... my wife mostly 'gets it' but sometimes she just kind of smirks at me as my inner 8 year old takes over.

Sadly the Tumbler won't be making it into my collection, but it has nothing to do with the quality (I know some have had problems, but the overall impressiveness makes this a real grail) but space and moolah are needed for actual figures right now... maybe in the future... hopefully!

Last edited:
Awesome review Mini!! That is pretty much how it went down over here as well. :lol

Yup, little kid is right! They ARE toys... Unfortunately mine did not come in perfect condition, but i think it's fixable.

Very fun to read your review. Good to know we are all alike in that way. Completely obsessed...

You have excellent taste my friend!

Thanks goodness for wives! When I tell mine about the incoming Tumbler, she looks at the dog food and wonders if it really is safe for human consumption.

I am sure I could help work out a budget so you could afford the Tumbler with its various glue and fingerprint stains unique to each vehicle.

1:2 scale Iron Man...cancel this puppy! Don't think of it as losing a 250.00 deposit, but rather as saving $1,850.00!

CM Superman....do you really need a 24" figure of a man in red shorts and blue longwear? Ok, I do too...it's a keeper.

SS A-Bom....you love reptile scales...I have plenty of dead geckos out here in Hawaii. I can send you a whole bunch molded in the shape of A-Bom (although it probably would look more like the Blob). You just saved 400 smackers!

HT Tumbler...this is the one you want! Heck, I will even kick your dog for free!

HT 1:6 Batman. Once HT releases their deluxe edition, you should be able to pick up 10 for a dollar at your nearest flea market or Ebay.

Problems solved my friend (aren't you glad I am not planning your financial portfolio?)!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl That's one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back