Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so beautiful. The things that always fascinated me with it, it looks so techno, so futuristic and stealth. I doubt if it'll ever look dated. It's a beautiful piece alone with no need for a figure.

Agreed, truely an awesome piece of display on its own. It will be great to have it display side by side with the Batpod too! :banana

well it got here and is being returned tomorrow. Amazon shipped it out in the hot toys dark knight box and it was ruined. The rubber is coming off of the left front tire and there is a major mark from where the foam was on the other tire. I did have the mark on top from the foam but with water and a soft cloth it came out with ease. There is a black stain on one side of the tumbler. They already sent me out a label and I will return it tomorrow. Once I receive my refund I will order from toys2

Haha you guys all are so lucky to have an understanding woman. Mine was asking $$ and she was guessing $1000+ since TDK Batman was already $200. I would not trust her holding my Tumbler fearing her dropping intentionally or not :p

I will have to tell her the real $ soon as otherwise I am setting up myself for failure if I am not getting her something for anniversary that is not at least on Par but beyond the value of my recent toys

dscf7288.jpg

i like the way this beast is staring at me!
nice pic vodoun

It is quite big :)

003.jpg

Finally!

Hands Down The BEST and most BAD ASS Tumbler Photo PERIOD in this thread!

Like she's holding a baby!

That is one awesome wife, mom, sister!!

One can never have enough photos of females holding their Tumblers :lol

:rock :clap :bow :clap :rock

Last edited:
It's so beautiful. The things that always fascinated me with it, it looks so techno, so futuristic and stealth. I doubt if it'll ever look dated. It's a beautiful piece alone with no need for a figure.

2 excellent observations.

Having Batman posed with it would be nice but it's not necessary. I wonder which poses we'll see the most, with or without Batman inside the vehicle...hmmmm?

And yes, I don't think this car will ever look outdated, not for quite sometime!

Thanks for the pics and words

:rock

Last edited:
well it got here and is being returned tomorrow. Amazon shipped it out in the hot toys dark knight box and it was ruined. The rubber is coming off of the left front tire and there is a major mark from where the foam was on the other tire. I did have the mark on top from the foam but with water and a soft cloth it came out with ease. There is a black stain on one side of the tumbler. They already sent me out a label and I will return it tomorrow. Once I receive my refund I will order from toys2

I hate how that ruins the experience. Waiting so long for something that has to be sent back. To some degree I think the packaging is somewhat quite flawed and above that how good the courier handles it. It seems to be a mixed bag. Didn't Hot Toys delay this a few months back for the same thing revising the packaging? I'm not criticizing them but I think the packaging on future Tumblers could have been improved. Sounds like there could be quite a number of returns because of this. This polystyrene they are using is quite plastic like to some degree and shiny causing it to buff up the plastic on the vehicle.

dscf7301.jpg

They should have used more foam like what the wheels were sitting in. I've just finished removing the polystyrene foam beads that were squished into the walls of the inside of the front wheels. Damn this rubber is so grippy! That it leaves fibers.

I think I'm going to leave the flaps off for now, from the looks of it... once these things go in I can't see them wanting to come back out. They're fragile as it is! All the joint clips are so tightly fitted. I guess I'll put them on when I get my display units. The detail on all the working pistons is lovely.

Only HT I ever owned (and sold :banghead) was the TDK Batman Original Costume and I guess you're right because I did have to glue one of the gaunlet blades into its little hole. :monkey2

I sold him in November 2008 because I cancelled this car (lost $35) due to the delays and never thought that I would ever want it again......

Fast forward 9 months and all your photos hurt....real bad...:emperor

:lol

Look at the bright side dude! Not picking up the Tumbler means your CM Superman is now only $1600.00! Dang, now I want to cancel my order!

Damn this rubber is so grippy! That it leaves fibers.

Curious about what you meant by that.

Is the rubber falling (shredding) apart, is it too soft?

Or am I reading too much into it which is probably the case. :duh

Last edited:
Has anyone's order with Toys2 shipped? I have tried emailing and calling them, but cannot get any answer. I cannot even leave a message because their voice mail is full.

My just rolled in a few minutes ago. Pics don't due this thing justic, it is huge. Bigger than Jabba setup. My wife flipped, "where are you going to put that?" lol.

Opening it up, it does have the 2 rub spots at the top, but I have some automotive stuff I'm going to use on it to take care of it. It is awesome!!

Has anyone's order with Toys2 shipped? I have tried emailing and calling them, but cannot get any answer. I cannot even leave a message because their voice mail is full.

I don't think they're getting all their Tumbler orders in hand all at once because the boxes are so huge and their store apparently is small. I got an email from them yesterday asking if I would like them to open it and check for defects - so it seems they're also running inspections on the Batmobiles because they're aware that there have been some problems and they'd rather not have to deal with customer returns on such a huge piece.

Just opened it up to inspect it...What a BEAST. Whoever said pics don't do it justics are not wrong!:horror
By and large its in good order just a few scratches here and there. The biggest was a chip mark on the nose piece. Got the black paint out and did a touch up. Same with the rear wheels, looked like kerb damage! No biggie...HOWEVER what kinda pished me off was the right side windscreen was missing! Upon closer inspection it had fallen into the cockpit. The crappy glue clearly wasnt up to the task. Popped it back in though and now its all good. Lights work fine i'm good to go. VERDICT: QC is not up to standard but well worth the wait and well worth the price.:banana

My just rolled in a few minutes ago. Pics don't due this thing justic, it is huge. Bigger than Jabba setup. My wife flipped, "where are you going to put that?" lol.

Opening it up, it does have the 2 rub spots at the top, but I have some automotive stuff I'm going to use on it to take care of it. It is awesome!!

What automotive stuff do you have in particular? Just in case I need to use it as well.

BTW, congrats!

Finally!

Hands Down The BEST and most BAD ASS Tumbler Photo PERIOD in this thread!

Like she's holding a baby!

That is one awesome wife, mom, sister!!

One can never have enough photos of females holding their Tumblers :lol

:rock :clap :bow :clap :rock

In total agreement here! More pics please!

I don't think they're getting all their Tumbler orders in hand all at once because the boxes are so huge and their store apparently is small. I got an email from them yesterday asking if I would like them to open it and check for defects - so it seems they're also running inspections on the Batmobiles because they're aware that there have been some problems and they'd rather not have to deal with customer returns on such a huge piece.

Let's put it this way... damn I should have taken some pictures... when I went to pick up mine they had one inside and 3 on the outside of the store!! If you were a bastard you could just grab and run :p
Now that "their" display unit is already unpacked and awaiting a clear spot in the window they do not have any space inside anymore.
BTW seems with a bit of patience and his fingers only he was able to rub off most of the white residue on "his" display unit.

In case you read this Hi Eric... you a good guy ... gimme discount on the badpod too :D

Last edited:
What I need first now is to get some accurate pics of the Cameo tumbler in the movie.

Any suggestions anyone?

Honestly, just get a few screenshots from the Batman Begins Blu-Ray. You can get most everything you need from that scene where they're testing it in the warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back