Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
saw the tumbler today in person at forbidden planet nyc. it's just ridiculous how big this thing is...

Yeah, it's nuts. I still cannot get over it.

A 1/18 General Lee is sitting in front of it.

dscf7279a.jpg

dscf7281.jpg

AA battery.

dscf7284.jpg

damn can u post a pic of the tumbler next to a person ,hold in up in ur hands maybe

Great pics everyone. Mine will be arriving today, and like a lot of us, I will be opening it, looking for damage, and then packing it back up until I have space. :lol

Btw can anyone spin the front wheels? Mine cannot and looks like there is a red Locking pin inside the wheel hub. But I Have not been able to remove it as I am uncertain about it and don't want to apply too much force.

Btw can anyone spin the front wheels? Mine cannot and looks like there is a red Locking pin inside the wheel hub. But I Have not been able to remove it as I am uncertain about it and don't want to apply too much force.

They do remove. It's probably tight either because the wheel needs to move slightly to ease it. Or it's that tight because of the newness.

I'm slowly going over it cleaning some manky fingerprints. I'm really OCD with that stuff. Nearly got it all off. Even still. They should have used soft cotton gloves!

I had to fix one minor part. One of the brake flaps lug mounts was broken on it's own. Which I'm now waiting for the glue to dry/harden before I mount them.

dscf7289.jpg

dscf7288.jpg

dscf7291.jpg

dscf7292.jpg

dscf7296p.jpg

Nice shots.

It does look very cool indeed but it is a real shame that for the amount of money you guys are putting out that you need to be using crazy glue at all but I guess that's how it has to be if one wants what otherwise seems to be an awesome Batman collectible.

I am sooooo on the fence with this one. :dunno

I just love the tires so much that I just want to rub up against it....:horror

Have you checked the inside yet for any out of control glue blemishes?

Thanks Vodoun.

Jye4ever - I don't think there has been one Hot Toys figure that I haven't had to use a blowdryer, superglue, paint, or something to "fix" it - with so many little details, and so many fragile pieces, there is always something that is bound to be broken.

Good news is that 99% of them are very easily fixable.

Thanks Vodoun.

Jye4ever - I don't think there has been one Hot Toys figure that I haven't had to use a blowdryer, superglue, paint, or something to "fix" it - with so many little details, and so many fragile pieces, there is always something that is bound to be broken.

Good news is that 99% of them are very easily fixable.

Only HT I ever owned (and sold :banghead) was the TDK Batman Original Costume and I guess you're right because I did have to glue one of the gaunlet blades into its little hole. :monkey2

I sold him in November 2008 because I cancelled this car (lost $35) due to the delays and never thought that I would ever want it again......

Fast forward 9 months and all your photos hurt....real bad...:emperor

:lol

Nice shots.

It does look very cool indeed but it is a real shame that for the amount of money you guys are putting out that you need to be using crazy glue at all but I guess that's how it has to be if one wants what otherwise seems to be an awesome Batman collectible.

Yeah that is true. It should be 100% perfect with no fixes.

I am sooooo on the fence with this one. :dunno

I just love the tires so much that I just want to rub up against it....:horror

I think you should. Even with minor defects it's easily fixable. As I have some matte black paint in case or the weathering kits I need to fix anything that I can mix down with water to add that somewhat matte sheen.

It's so beautiful. The things that always fascinated me with it, it looks so techno, so futuristic and stealth. I doubt if it'll ever look dated. It's a beautiful piece alone with no need for a figure.

Have you checked the inside yet for any out of control glue blemishes?

Not extensively yet but I have a project planned for that even if it is or isn't. The cardboard was so evil trying to get it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back