Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They ARE toys... Unfortunately mine did not come in perfect condition, but i think it's fixable.

No they're not. Toy's are meant to be played with. These are collectables or display pieces. If you gave this to a kid this wouldn't last 5 minutes in it's rightful condition. Some of these are breaking on their own with the packaging or breaking because some maybe have accidentally leaned against a part without realizing it. It's a very fragile piece as you should know with so many rods/moveable shocks/flaps/aerials/levers/wipers there's not a part sticking out that could easily be snapped off. Thats no kids toy.

No they're not. Toy's are meant to be played with. These are collectables or display pieces. If you gave this to a kid this wouldn't last 5 minutes in it's rightful condition. Some of these are breaking on their own with the packaging or breaking because some maybe have accidentally leaned against a part without realizing it. It's a very fragile piece as you should know with so many rods/moveable shocks/flaps/aerials/levers/wipers there's not a part sticking out that could easily be snapped off. Thats no kids toy.

True that.......this thing would be butter in a kids hand...

When I was a youngling, it was mandatory that I strap explosives to all my toys..:horror

I finally broke out of that routine when I was like 28 or 30, I don't quite remember now....

Yeah yeah yeah... :)

I totally hear you. Definitely not kids toys... but DEFINITELY an adults toy. Oh wait, that's something else... but this one does take batteries... :lol

Since they all seem to be arriving in the original Hot Toys TDK shipping boxes which are clearly labelled as 'Batmobile' I have a feeling customs are going to open this thing up just to take in its coolness.... and then charge me a fortune out of sheer jealousy.

Re: The long awaited Hot Toys Batmobile is here...

Looks great. How often do you have to dust your figures, man?

Like the OP those figures that I have on display right now (and not boxed up) are exposed. I've never had my 1/6ths behind glass or anything so they do pick up the dust, especially in the really old house in which I currently reside.

Dust really is a nuisance, detracting from the appearance of these things both on fabric and on rubber. Plus it alters the texture of smooth surfaced figures like Robocop and Iron Man if you don't keep them dusted..it kind if gets ingrained - mind you I haven't tried rinsing it with water.

that looks heavy

Since they all seem to be arriving in the original Hot Toys TDK shipping boxes which are clearly labelled as 'Batmobile' I have a feeling customs are going to open this thing up just to take in its coolness.... and then charge me a fortune out of sheer jealousy.

Yeah mine came in the big brown Hot Toys The Dark Knight logo'd Batmobile box from forbiddenplanet.com as well.

So bulky though.

Somebody said they never got charged for customs but they got theirs from Goodshipped. How can something so big escape customs? Everytime I think I've worked out customs I'm back to square one again. How can size not trigger it. Surely weight triggers it... I have no idea how customs work anymore. If a box the size of real size car was marked as gift and low value it would probably still go through! ¬_¬

I just heard from Parcelforce, they have lost my tumbler, it was on the tracking system and had arrived in the UK on Monday but now they say it didn't arrive at all and they don't know anything about it, light fingered postal worker?

I love how it looks small in your pictures, some people are in for an awakening

They managed to crush it, looked like a truck had driven over it, body looks salvageable which is the only bit I was wanting to use with the Joker DX.

Only the best in the Royal Mail. :rolleyes:

that is the worst news a collector can have when anticipating such a high end and expensive collectible....

I am sorry for you dude!

So, what is gonna happen next? they wil send you the broken tumbler or what? and did you get insurance for the shipping?

The TrueType was damaged but I got the part I wanted after a bit of work to put it right so I'm not too bothered, the Tumbler is the missing one, I'll contact ABC and let them know but I'll have to wait a while incase it turns up somewhere I expect, if it doesn't turn up in the allotted time they say you have to allow I think I've missed my chance by then anyway.

Sodding Royal Mail *@*&*s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back