Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, who makes the Bruce Wayne 1/6 figure? I thought it was Hot Toys?

I thought you just go out and buy a generic body and suit and use your spare Bruce head from TDK BM? The suit is the exact one I got through T2 too :) Nice pose though and pics.
Memecomplex, you should get a small desk or floor lamp to brighten up your setup for the shoot that way you get better pictures even with a Point and shoot without the artificial white of the flash and reduce the amount of noise. I am sure a whole bunch here have real nice setups and equipment for their photoshoots but that is the simplest way

I thought you just go out and buy a generic body and suit and use your spare Bruce head from TDK BM? The suit is the exact one I got through T2 too :) Nice pose though and pics.
Memecomplex, you should get a small desk or floor lamp to brighten up your setup for the shoot that way you get better pictures even with a Point and shoot without the artificial white of the flash and reduce the amount of noise. I am sure a whole bunch here have real nice setups and equipment for their photoshoots but that is the simplest way

Thanks Geil, but I just wanted some quick and dirty pics with the iPhone (no flash btw!). I'll leave the gorgeous pics to the forum pros.

Without having the Tumbler in front of me I haven't got a clue what I'm looking at in all these up close detailed pictures. Its all meaningless until I get mine. :(

Without having the Tumbler in front of me I haven't got a clue what I'm looking at in all these up close detailed pictures. Its all meaningless until I get mine. :(

Only a couple of hundred hours to wait for yours :chew

Batman finally has all his rides!

Tumbler's here:

IMG_9569.jpg

IMG_9572.jpg

Thats stunning that last shot! Your Dark Knight fig looks ace in that pose. :D

You're just missing one vehicle. Probably the cheapest route would be a 1/18 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640.

Only a couple of hundred hours to wait for yours :chew

Just checked tracking - it has arrived in Ireland. Can't see having it tomorrow but maybe Tuesday if customs don't hold it up. I can't wait to scribble it off my preorder list! Its only been on there for a year!

okay, I've found what is in my eyes the "wrong way" of closing the cockpit:

4941_89077353509_754258509_1899500_.jpg

4941_89077383509_754258509_1899505_.jpg

4941_89077363509_754258509_1899502_.jpg

is it that what you mean? I hope not, because that just looks off and stupid

and if you guys are talking about the "gap" between the body and the cockpitdoor, than there is nothing you can do about that, since I have seen it on EVERY picture out there of this piece

These are my favorite pics of the Batmobile so far. When I got the thing I thought the best composition shot would be to shoot it next to a dog.

Is it a panal or something off the dashboard in the cockpit?

I snooped around in the cockpit, but couldn't find a spot that looked like a piece was missing:confused: At first I thought it was a brake light.....

He is trying to show with the side and bottom shots where the piece of the
dash side that was missing from his console ended up being....
I just hope MydNyghte can get it out without shaking anything else loose :p

Yeah it ended up just coming right out with a little help from some very long tweezers, no problemo. But that little red piece fell out before the armature did. Still trying to figure that part out.

I am not at all disappointed with how it arrived. Yes, tissue paper should have been used, I've all the blemishes of styrofoam-rubbed body panels, I can let that go. And the control panel is an easy fix. There were a couple panels that had an oily residue on them, but then I found that they lubed up the track the control panel slides on. Some damp rags should clean most of this up.

However, there are numerous small spots where there is the white residue left from the glue they used to piece this monster together. Whats good for cleaning that stuff up?

Last little thought, this MIGHT be an issue after a period of time, but the forks of the front suspension twist outward just a tad bit when it is sitting flat. Each forks body panel is independent of the main body of the car, and the twisting causes these panels to protrude outward just a hair, throwing the body lines off a bit.

CIMG0104.jpg

If I lift the front end up off the ground, the forks move back to the original position. When I get my display done, I am going to put a little piece of something under the front end just to pick it up enough so the tires aren't on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back