Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgive my ignorance but is the one on the left the Begins version? With the TDK OC belt and hands. Whenever i saw it on ebay i always thought it looked pretty rubbish but that looks really nice. Anyone who has this version, how is it? I always had the impression it was pretty bad, but as i said, that looks quite decent.

Yes, on the left is the Begins figure modified with the TDK OC belt (original belt is too tight, rides too high) and hands (original hands are undersized).
IMO, the reasons the stock figure looks bad are the simple paint apps on the head and the small hands/high belt.

How is the outfit on the Begins version constructed? Is it not rubber like the newer version?

It's got an under-suit like the Sideshow Clonetroopers. I prefer it because it makes the figure less "rubber ducky." When you bend the elbows, for instance, you get some folds in the fabric but it doesn't distort the whole arm like the TDK OC.

There are rubber parts but they attached to the body suit.

Apparently there are lots of plastic bits, and i think some of it is rubber.

I think most of the glued on bits are still rubber.

Also just my opinion (and perhaps this is a credit to Roc74 who sold me this figure - it's in beautiful shape for a figure so old) but I prefer appearance of the rubber on the Begins figure.

Of course, the 500 lb gorilla is the headsculpt. I'd love to get my hands on a TDK OC head for my bash.

Also, it would be great to replace his cape without breaking the tabs. His cape is absurdly gigantic and quite heavy.

Any chance of V1 Begins costume with V2 Begins cowl pictures?

Edit: just saw you don't own the headsculpt.

Yeah, no OC head at the moment. I've owned and sold the OC TDK figure.

I got lucky the other day when I found a Lot on Ebay of OC parts that I've been upgrading my Begins figure with.

Yeah, no OC head at the moment. I've owned and sold the OC TDK figure.

I got lucky the other day when I found a Lot on Ebay of OC parts that I've been upgrading my Begins figure with.

I think once Adam releases his OC head you will have a good shot at picking up one of the HT heads.

I like the idea of a cloth costume with rubber parts, sounds like long term it should hold up better than the all rubber suit.

I think once Adam releases his OC head you will have a good shot at picking up one of the HT heads.

I like the idea of a cloth costume with rubber parts, sounds like long term it should hold up better than the all rubber suit.

I'll likely pick up Adam's (assuming I don't miss out). My eye isn't keen enough to pick out the inaccuracies that others see on the OC head but I think Adam's slightly wider head might suit my figure better.

As Hannibal Lecter might say, my batman is "big through the hips...roomy" :lol

A real beauty - well played Tim - glad you got one back. :yess:

Cheers bud! :duff

Like a lot of blokes here he's waiting for a little head

:rotfl

Wow Tim that second pic is a beauty!!! congrats on having him once again:clap

Thanks! :)

Nice one snake. I dunno, I may have to blow £300 on one of these. Stuff bills! I have the original OC bats they did. I wonder how much I can offload it for?

I may wait to see if adam's head makes it look any better, but tbh the body is the main issue, i've always loved the head.

Cheers man! I highly recommend picking one up, but not sure if I would spend £300 on him.

Looks great Snake! Congrats on adding it back to your collection.

Thanks! He is definitely here to stay now! :clap

Oh I know.

I removed them and attached them to the cowl when I originally had this guy. They are already removed now, just waiting for the sculpt. :D

Look what I found... IMARESQD1 been kicking ass since 2005 lol. I remember seeing these pictures 6 years ago and thinking how much it would kick ass to have this sculpt. did some searching on OSW and found them again. (Adam's 05' sculpt.. hope you dont mind me posting these!)
BM.jpg

BM2.jpg

BM3.jpg

Last edited:
I like the suit on the Begins figure a lot. While the TDK OC looks more accurate I don't like the all-rubber construction.
I swapped the belt and hands with TDK OC parts and I really like it.
That looks great, buddy. I've always thought the belt was one of the main problems so I may have to look for the belt you used. I wonder if the spare DX belt will work?
Boots on the Begins look much nicer?
Yes I think they are too, though if they were on the TDK OC they'd look out of place I guess.

Whenever i saw it on ebay i always thought it looked pretty rubbish but that looks really nice. Anyone who has this version, how is it? I always had the impression it was pretty bad, but as i said, that looks quite decent.
That's what it is, decent! From some angles it doesn't look too bad at all. I also really like the headsculpt, for me it is spot on to the begins cowl, even more so than DK OC, just the mouth area lets it down. The cape is huge and is hit and miss, if you have it hanging down fully it looks badass but in a detolf it just doesn't work. In pics this thing looks really crap but in hand it's not bad and i'm happy I have it representing the original costume, of course i'd replace it with the 2nd version given the chance!!

How is the outfit on the Begins version constructed? Is it not rubber like the newer version?
It's like an underlying bodysuit with the rubber parts glued on, so there are some gaps in the legs behind the knees and around the crotch area as well as the forearms. It's not one piece like the Dark Knight OC bats!

That looks great, buddy. I've always thought the belt was one of the main problems so I may have to look for the belt you used. I wonder if the spare DX belt will work?

Thanks!

I think any other belt will look decent. The problem is the belt that comes with is probably half an inch shorter in diameter than the TDK OC belt (and I'm guessing DX).

Or you could just open up the existing belt and leave it unlatched in the back for appearance sake.

Back