Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol I bet it looks great on the shelf though. The Bat suit looks a little puffy to me in those pics though but I've seen others that don't so it may just be the lighting.

Nope, it's not the lighting. Your observation is correct. Mine is also very "puffy" looking and it's actually one of the things that's beginning to swade my opinion towards a negative one as time passes.

The Takara is tight and svelt while the HT ispuffy and blocky. It looks like a diving suit full of water to me.

Few questions and observations.

First of, excellent picture of Batman and the Joker.

Second, and i'm hoping everyone here can help me get this worry out of my head.

I'm new to collecting these figures. I now own the new HT Batman Original Costume, Takara Batman Begins and the DC Direct Batman The Dark knight (what a stinker he is).

Anyways, my HT arrived yesterday and it has a very strong oder, not a horrible one, but an oder nonetheless whereas my Takara has a zero smell.

What is that? I'm concerned because I have a newborn in the house and i'm worried about toxic or LEAD poisoning. I've asked HT but no response.

Is this just a rubber smell or something that I should worry about? Why doesn't the Takara smell?

Is it the rubber or paint? Please, help...

Also, has anyone seen nicks or tears on their rubber suits. I have 2 on the left arm just below the bicep.

Also, the upper top left (if facing the figure) batarang holder clip on the belt (there are 4 of them) was bent downwards because the plastic covering the belt was on too tight causing the bend. Imagine that, the plastic covering was used to keep the figure from damages and scratches yet it caused damage itself, so ironic.

I have a video review comparison of all 3 that I will be posting on Youtube soon.

The most important thing is the smell.....please help. Am I going to die touching this thing.....

Oh, as much as i like the HT, it's still a little to puffy and blocky vs the Takara which is tight and svelt. Plus the Takara stands very stable with no need for a stand (hence why one wasn't provided) while the HT does also stand on its own but not as stable as the Takara (even with those ugly shoes). Forget about the DC Direct, if that stand wasn't provided I was going to be stuck showing him off in a laying position..lol.

The HT definately needs the stand though because the ankle joint is too weak, maybe not all the time but it helps having it. I think that with the increased posability (definately way more than the Takara except the head though, Takara wins there..posability, not sculpt) came the less than stable footing. Again, not horrible but still noticeable compared to the Takara.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a very nice looking batman. That Bale sculpt is insane!

Thank You

Thank You

Last edited:
The most important thing is the smell.....please help. Am I going to die touching this thing.....

Yes! Yes it will kill you! Send this figure to me immediately and I will put my own life on the line and bear this horrible burden for you. Hurry! Time is of the essence!

:D

HTBatman6s.jpg

WOW!!!!!!!!

Hi!

Best pics I have seen by far..!!:monkey5

HTBatman6s.jpg

That pic kind of reminds me of this!

Faceoff-1.jpg

I'd pose it like this if it was possible! I guess the one on top is as good as it gets.

I find this pic funny/amusing. All that rage in Batman and Joker being tossed around like a ragdoll :p

Now I can't wait for the TDK Suit and Iron Man, I know its been said but when is the 1st wave of TDK suits coming in?

The Bale head sculpt looks fine in person and from a normal viewing distance. It's great, actually. There's a little puffiness in the suit, but I don't find it noticeable except in certain poses, and I imagine that it's necessary for the articulation. I've never had a rubber-suited figure before, so it's all a little new to me, but I don't see any problems. The main complaint I have at the moment is that the batarangs (or whatever those things are) tend to fall out of the holder on his belt too easily. That's about it. Looks great in person, although I found it a little disappointing the there are no breathing holes sculpted under the cowl's nose.

agreed 100%, I feel the same about mine..

The cowled head and the Bruce Wayne head share a neck -- you only get one and the heads pop onto it. Bruce Wayne with the neck piece is comparable in height to the Joker head with the neck attachment, and in fact it's a little shorter. Both necks look long here, but keep in mind that much of it goes down inside the torso of the figure.

I don't think the neck looks too long myself. Or at least it's nothing that I would notice right away.

ht_bb_batman7.jpg

Long no, I agree. But look at that huge color difference! The neck also needed a better looking design then that silly looking adam's apple. Necks are more muscular and dynamic than that silliness.

That Joker sculpt is also amazing...WOW!

Or to put things a different way, if the neck looks too long, it's because the cowled head sculpt was done that way. The Bruce Wayne sculpt looks perfectly natural when on the body.

ht_bb_batman8.jpg

Man, look at how horrible that cape looks attached that way. Can't stand that! The Takara is the appropriate way that it should be done, looks much neater and less bulkier and alot less a toy and more "realistic".

I had to manipulate the cape and those 2 little attachments (with no head on the body of course) to get it to look much better than that.

Back