Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, look at how horrible that cape looks attached that way. Can't stand that! The Takara is the appropriate way that it should be done, looks much neater and less bulkier and alot less a toy and more "realistic".

I had to manipulate the cape and those 2 little attachments (with no head on the body of course) to get it to look much better than that.

Yep, that's been discussed to death. Flip back about 5-10 pages and you'll see a HT Batman/Takara Batman cape mod from another board member.

Man, look at how horrible that cape looks attached that way. Can't stand that! The Takara is the appropriate way that it should be done, looks much neater and less bulkier and alot less a toy and more "realistic".

I had to manipulate the cape and those 2 little attachments (with no head on the body of course) to get it to look much better than that.

Tak just cut a hole in their cape. Plus you have to make the cape line up with the triangle pieces on the lower cowl of the Tak version, or it looks silly.

The HT cape looks far better.

figure looks 10x better on day 2.:D

and that new figure smell wont kill you jye4ever. its just a cross between new rubber and new paint.
and what doesnt kill you, only makes you....stranger.

Ding ding Hot Toys vs. Takara fanboys ^^^^^ fest begin!

Nahhh, just like I own both Blu-ray and HD-DVD, I also own HT and Takara Batman and like them both....

Like everything else in life, they both have positives as well as negatives.

Positives for HT are:

Awesome Batman and Bale sculpt
Awesome posability
Awesome belt
Awesome gun
Awesome boots (although the weak ankles ruins it a little)
Awesome quality cape although not awesome cape attachment (grr)
Price

Negatives for HT are:

Needs the stand more than it should (the only big gripe for me)
Suit a tad too bulky and puffy (not the end of the world, or is it?)
Cape attachment
Hand pegs require freaking plyers for removal

Positives for Takara are:

Tight and svelt suit and body
Awesome standing stability
Shiny arm cuffs
Well proportioned head scult (more like kick ass)
Cape attachment although not great quality cape although knowhere as horrendous as the DC Direct cape...that's an abortion of all capes ever made!

Negatives for Takara are:

Price
Ugly ass boots (although the stability makes up for it)
Face paint could be better, doesn't match the sculpt and proportions
Posability could be better

See, I love them both....

Thank you

Last edited:
Tak just cut a hole in their cape. Plus you have to make the cape line up with the triangle pieces on the lower cowl of the Tak version, or it looks silly.

The HT cape looks far better.

I also agree with your assesment of the Tak cape attachment.

It's just that with the Tak cape being so thin, it could easily by folded and hidden underneath the cowl and it HAD to be or else it would indeed look silly with it sticking out from the front of the cowl.

With the HT, it's so thick that it also can look silly if those 2 attachments and the cape aren't properly aligned.

Both have their negatives and positives. Both capes can look awesome once effort is put into them.

Thank You

I also agree with your assesment of the Tak cape attachment.

It's just that with the Tak cape being so thin, it could easily by folded and hidden underneath the cowl and it HAD to be or else it would indeed look silly with it sticking out from the front of the cowl.

With the HT, it's so thick that it also can look silly if those 2 attachments and the cape aren't properly aligned.

Both have their negatives and positives. Both capes can look awesome once effort is put into them.

Thank You

Well at the end of the day I guess it comes down to what you want more, agility or accuracy. The HT's version is more accurate, me? from what i've seen in pictures I like the flow of the Takara cape more.

I cannot believe this happened to me, I pre-ordered these figs from Toy Wiz like earlier this summer and now I get this e-mail, just receive this yesterday!

I had each message for both Batmans and Joker

"Dear Valued Customer,

Thank your for choosing Toywiz.com! This e-mail is regarding order number ###### from our online store. Unfortunately the item that you ordered, Sideshow Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece 12 Inch Figure Batman (Pre-order ships October), is no longer in stock. You were not charged for this item. We make every effort to prevent this sort of situation and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience to you. If, in the future, we are able to obtain the item, we will contact you at the earliest opportunity. For any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience.

Have a Great Day!
Customer Service
ToyWiz.com
[email protected]
877-451-2597 (toll free)

This is an automated e-mail .Please do not e-mail a reply."

Well at the end of the day I guess it comes down to what you want more, agility or accuracy. The HT's version is more accurate, me? from what i've seen in pictures I like the flow of the Takara cape more.

Very well said.

Agility for me as well

Too thick and it gets silly

Then again nothing is as bad as that DC Direct cape. I believe a 5 yr old developed that one.

Finally got around to taking mine out of the box after receiving it yesterday. It is very nice! I really like the soft rubber on the boots to allow ankle articulation. Unfortunately, the ball joints on both ankles are very loose on mine so he can't stand up on his own. I am going to pull the boots off and coat the ball joints with a little glue and let them dry out really good before I put it back together to tighten the fit.

ugggghhh!!! Toy Wiz always ^^^^ing does that. watch their site. they will be offering both figure for double the price soon. everybody boycott ToyWiz please. they are ghey.

Finally got around to taking mine out of the box after receiving it yesterday. It is very nice! I really like the soft rubber on the boots to allow ankle articulation. Unfortunately, the ball joints on both ankles are very loose on mine so he can't stand up on his own. I am going to pull the boots off and coat the ball joints with a little glue and let them dry out really good before I put it back together to tighten the fit.

I put some toilet paper to stuff the boots with so the ankles have some resistance, and put a small piece of kleenex where in the sockets and it's perfect now.

I put some toilet paper to stuff the boots with so the ankles have some resistance, and put a small piece of kleenex where in the sockets and it's perfect now.

Good advise...we shouldn't have to do that for how expensive they are but good advise and technique nonetheless....if we don't take care of our figres then who will.....

Now, explain that technique again....lol

You obviously removed the leg from the boot, then what were your next steps with those poop and snot rags....

Back