Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good advise...we shouldn't have to do that for how expensive they are but good advise and technique nonetheless....if we don't take care of our figres then who will.....

Now, explain that technique again....lol

You obviously removed the leg from the boot, then what were your next steps with those poop and snot rags....

haha

When you take the boot out, there's what appears to be one of the HT feet in there. What I did was take some tweezers and stuff the parts of the boot where the HT foot didn't fill, and added a little extra kleenex in front of the peg. Then on the leg socket where the peg connects the ankle to his leg, I put a small circular piece to work against the peg.

I'd take some pics but don't have a camera. :(

that really sucks sickman. i think BBTS still has them in stock.

Put in a pre-order at BBTS, thanks for the heads up, I was gettn heated when I was ready those e-mails over and over again!

Just pre-ordered AGAIN... for the second time this year LOL.

F TOY WIZ!!!! :emperor:emperor:emperor:emperor:emperor:emperor

lol i will never forget the box trick, as much as i feel bad for you i still thought it was funny from a third person view

Well at the end of the day I guess it comes down to what you want more, agility or accuracy. The HT's version is more accurate, me? from what i've seen in pictures I like the flow of the Takara cape more.

Maybe some enterprising customizer would like to create a third option? :D I didn't like Takara's cape that much as I could see through it if there was any backlighting, but HT's is a little too thick to drape properly.

haha

When you take the boot out, there's what appears to be one of the HT feet in there. What I did was take some tweezers and stuff the parts of the boot where the HT foot didn't fill, and added a little extra kleenex in front of the peg. Then on the leg socket where the peg connects the ankle to his leg, I put a small circular piece to work against the peg.

just borrow my camera :p

Thanks for the detailed explanation

Maybe some enterprising customizer would like to create a third option? :D I didn't like Takara's cape that much as I could see through it if there was any backlighting, but HT's is a little too thick to drape properly.

true about the thickness

I was expecting the takara to be worse regarding the lighting thru the cape but when the darn thing is just draped over his shoulder, no light shines thru so it became a non issue for me.

I know this might sound dumb but....
Has anyone experimented with using armor all on these rubber suited figures?
Would it protect the rubber the same it does on vehicles or would it damage it?
Would it be too greasy too even touch?
Would it make it too shiny for a batman?
Who wants to be first...lol

The plastic pegs were two little strips of plastic I cut off a fake credit card. About a half inch long each.

Here are two pics.

batcape.jpg

batcape2-1.jpg

wow very nice man!

and I wonder, the new suit batman behind the begins one, is that a DC batman?

wow very nice man!

very nice

I'm new at this, how did you get them that shiny? Lighting or a product was used on the rubber?

Good cape pose on the second picture, it wisely covers up his black pole stand and that's ok by me. On a more serious note, no matter how good the stand it always looks more realistic when the stand isn't seen having to hold up the figure.

Last edited:
wow very nice man!

I believe that is the DC direct that can be purchased at your local toy store for $30+ and I'll tell you, it looks better than my $90+ 13-14" Frankenstein monster batman DC Direct Deluxe crapola! The plastic cape at least fits the image vs the crap cape on the more expensive "deluxe"
I wish I had purchased the cheaper one!

I wonder what the financial-political reasons are why such a popular, well received and produced collectible such as the HT Batman (and soon to be released batmobile) and Takara Batman are not distributed in the USA?

Think about it, Batman an American invented character and right now close to becoming the 2nd highest grossing movie of all time YET we have to import him from China or Japan via Ebay with astronomical shipping costs!

Yet pokemon was a huge craze?

I know that they're manufactured overseas but so is everything else we purchase here.

The plastic pegs were two little strips of plastic I cut off a fake credit card. About a half inch long each.

Here are two pics.

batcape.jpg

batcape2-1.jpg

Hi cr0w!

I wonder if those Takara Batman shiny gauntlet fits well on Hottoys Batman?:naughty

Batman_Begins_Belongs-L.jpg

images

I ask only "for sakes acuracy":D

DSC01650.jpg

DSC01651.jpg

DSC01655.jpg

DSC01656.jpg

DSC01645.jpg

DSC01646.jpg

Now that we are done with the pics, how does it compares to the Takara version? (For those who doesn't know, I was the owner of the infamous damaged rubber suit Takara Batman).

The first obvious difference is the mass of their bodies. Takara Batman is a great Batman but totally inaccurate to movie as far as body mass is concern. HT got it perfect this time with the correct body proportion.

Second will be the face sculpt. Takara has a great sculpt going on back then but HT totally surpassed Takara this time, the detail of the skin and the paint app makes this the most accurate looking Bale Batman so far. It also photograph extremely well, looking like the real thing in some of the pic.

As for the rubber suit, HT uses a thinner and not as tight fitting type of construction. There are actually gap between the suit and the body. In return, we gain a lot more poseability as the looser suit allows a higher range of movement. However, I have yet to really push the rubber suit to the extreme. Maybe someone else here will take up the challenge.

There are a few stuff I felt Takara still does better, namely the cape and the feet. Yes, the cape of the Takara is actually inferior in terms of material and tailoring but it hangs so well and naturally, and actually feels like there is weight to the cape.

The HT version while superior in material and tailoring, just doesn't hangs as well as the Takara cape. The HT cape is also shorter than the Takara cape. Takara got the length of the cape right and its just weird that HT came out with one that's way shorter than their first effort.

The HT feet are like most 12' feet out there, they need a stand to really hold a pose. Batman can stand straight fine without a stand but a shake of your cabinet or a strong wind and Batman will be freefalling to the ground. More extreme pose can be really tricky to hold without the help of a stand.

The Takara can really hold a pose and doesn't need a stand due to the design of the feet. I wish more company will be using their design, it really helps eliminate the need for a stand, even for the more extreme pose.

Talking about the stand, this new stand by HT is just plain crap. Give me medicom's excellent stand anyday.

I also do not like how the batarang doesn't fit tightly on the utility belt. Same with the grappling gun.

The Bruce head is a great addition, looks exactly like Bale, my only complain is that they went a little heavy on the colour of the skin. A little too tan. Bale is a male Caucasian and his skin tone is more like Jack Sparrow.

All in all, this is a fantastic Batman and despite the few small shortcomings, it's a must if you love TDK.

Well spoken and more importantly, very accurate.

I have the Takara and I agree with your comparison (although i do like the tanned Bale, color is life. It's the neck that needs to be a shade darker to match the head).

One example, at first I was bummed out when I began to notice just how weak the HT ankle's really were when compared to the Takara but man do those HT boots seriously kick ass in design so it lifted my spirits because no ugly Takara shoes here...lol.

And thats how it goes between both of them, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, enough of them actually that it really warrants both being owned because both have earned it as far as i'm concerned.

Takara Batman Begins might no longer be the new kid on the block but nothing has changed with it therefore it still kicks serious booty if you ask me!

Now, if only a genius could come along and with sheer luck combine the strengths and none of the weaknesses (you know, like Blade) from both figures and come out with SUPER BATMAN BEGINS FROM THE DARK KNIGHT ORIGINAL AND NEW COSTUME to kick all our asses into rubber submission like no other collectible has done before!

Bring it on, bring it all on, i'm here waiting with the armor all damnit!

Last edited:
haha

Someone get Spliff a camera!

I spent the better part of an evening figuring out if my Batman's boot was something I had to e-mail Toys2 about before I figured it wasn't defective, just not perfected. Thanks for the description!

Someone get Spliff a camera!

I spent the better part of an evening figuring out if my Batman's boot was something I had to e-mail Toys2 about before I figured it wasn't defective, just not perfected. Thanks for the description!

Same here. Actually, the right boot was off while still inside the box on mine and with the plastic on no less. I couldn't tell at first because of the plastic but once I removed the plastic, the boot fell into my hand and all that remained was his leg with NO peg. At first I freaked and thought it was broken but nope, the peg was inside the boot attached to the foot.

All good now, weak ankles and all.

Back