Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow very nice man!

and I wonder, the new suit batman behind the begins one, is that a DC batman?

That's the 12" Mattel one, exclusive to Toys R Us.

jye4ever said:
very nice

I'm new at this, how did you get them that shiny? Lighting or a product was used on the rubber?

Good cape pose on the second picture, it wisely covers up his black pole stand and that's ok by me. On a more serious note, no matter how good the stand it always looks more realistic when the stand isn't seen having to hold up the figure.

Didn't use anything on him. The suit's that shiny in person, must be the lighting in my room.

VALVOLINER said:
I wonder if those Takara Batman shiny gauntlet fits well on Hottoys Batman?

I'll give this a shot sometime today.

Ok, well the gauntlets do fit, but I only put one on before I switched them back. The shiny look of them didn't really fit well with HT's matte suit, and overall I just didn't like the way they looked. Plus they have some weird white spots on them that I can't get off. So there you have it. They fit, but whether you like them or not is another story.

Ok, well the gauntlets do fit, but I only put one on before I switched them back. The shiny look of them didn't really fit well with HT's matte suit, and overall I just didn't like the way they looked. Plus they have some weird white spots on them that I can't get off. So there you have it. They fit, but whether you like them or not is another story.

Ok.Thanks cr0w.

I wil try to swap the Takara gauntlet and cape when mines arrives...I hope will be the next week.I.m eating my nails right now..:monkey2 .. cant wait anymore

Regards

is there any difference except for the shinyness between the two gaunlets?

how about the link between the gaunlet and the 'blades' itself, it seems there are some more details on the hot toys gaunlet than on the takara? or am I mistaken?

Let me know if you need any tips on the cape. My OCD has caused me to fiddle with it for about 3 hours total, so I know how to arrange pretty much any look for it.

While I.m waiting for mine....:monkey2 I have some questions:

How did you attached the triangle pegs? I mean..Are glued to the cowl,glued to the rubber suit or simply you have used other trick?.

If you have used another trick.Please tell me how you did it.:angelsmil

Thanks in advance

I know this might sound dumb but....
Has anyone experimented with using armor all on these rubber suited figures?
Would it protect the rubber the same it does on vehicles or would it damage it?
Would it be too greasy too even touch?
Would it make it too shiny for a batman?
Who wants to be first...lol
dont use it man. seriously. some people do but i dont recommend it. if you keep him in a temperature controlled climate the suit should hold up for a long time. i think it all depends on how often you change the poses. armor-all always needs to be reapplied after you use it once cuz it flakes off as it eventually dries out. at least in my experience. i used to use it in my truck but i hated it so much that i stopped using it. now it is peeling everywhere and i had to scrape it off everything.

crow i understand the ocd complant have it as well and mess with the cape of my takara batman alot and can tell when someone mess with it

dont use it man. seriously. some people do but i dont recommend it. if you keep him in a temperature controlled climate the suit should hold up for a long time. i think it all depends on how often you change the poses. armor-all always needs to be reapplied after you use it once cuz it flakes off as it eventually dries out. at least in my experience. i used to use it in my truck but i hated it so much that i stopped using it. now it is peeling everywhere and i had to scrape it off everything.

Thank you, I agree about the armor all, in the long run it does more harm than good.

Actual New Pics! How refreshing. Awesome as usual LW, thanks Bro.

:joy

29591234.30200e.jpg

29591226.a186b6.jpg

29591231.7d5724.jpg

29591224.066be3.jpg

29591228.0fcdaf.jpg

29591239.67c8ca.jpg

29591221.6365c7.jpg

29591220.4672dd.jpg

29591219.b65b9e.jpg

Last edited:
Do you guys coat the armour with anything to prevent it from drying and cracking?

Do you guys coat the armour with anything to prevent it from drying and cracking?

I asked about Armor All and I received 1 response saying don't do it....

FYI, my HT vs Takara vs DC Direct 2 part video review is up on Youtube for all to enjoy and throw tomatoes onto the screen.

Search for
Hot Toys The Dark Knight Original Costume Batman Part 1

Got my refund from ToyWhiz!!!

"Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for choosing Toywiz.com! We apologize for the inconvenience I set you up for the full refund.Also the manufacture cancel all the orders. We apologize for the inconvenience
and we hope to see you again!
Thank you,
Marisol
Toywiz.com"

how quick are they supposed to start cracking?

My Takara Batman still looks great after a couple of years, and it hasn't had anything applied to it.

I'm curious--does anybody know if it will start to crack and dry over time? Or what would cause it to do so?

My Takara Batman still looks great after a couple of years, and it hasn't had anything applied to it.

I'm curious--does anybody know if it will start to crack and dry over time? Or what would cause it to do so?

I would guess that the same elements that create havoc on any other peice of rubber.

Sun and Water.

Are you guys that have experienced these cracking in the past playing with the figures or something? Posing them in extreme poses? I don't understand how it would crack if you just give it a simple pose and don't touch it.

Just got Batman. Haven't had time to play with him yet, but he is out of the box and has a dominating presence next to Jack Sparrow and Davy Jones. You guys have got me so paranoid with the suit breaking down that I used latex gloves to handle him as to not get any finger oils on him.

I hate the new stand though. Its not very secure. I keep feeling like Batman is going to take a nose dive at any moment. Will definately have to track down at least a few of the old stands.

Guys, how do you remove his belt? It's wrapped with plastic and I can't seem to find how to remove it. I don't want to break anything. :monkey2

Back