Hot Toys - 1/6th scale Darth Vader (Battle Damaged) DX45 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally love battle damaged figures being released AFTER we have the cleaner looks put out. I also like different facial expressions for head sculpts too, once again, after we have more neutral ones put out.

I have the 40th ESB version of Vader and never felt the need to have any other. I loved the look of the Kenobi series one though just for the damaged look.

So this...wow...this blows me away! I'm so excited for it!

I wish we got a busted up Stormtrooper, Captain America, a random Mandalorian (Not any named one), Punisher, an absolutely destroyed Wolverine with his skeleton showing.....some of them might be too gory though I guess.

Anyway, sorry for the second post. Just so pumped for this!!! :-D

Look it’s very cool but there is nothing particularly iconic about it, not for me anyway and an easy pass.

Is this the first ever officially labelled “battle damaged” SW HT? I can’t think of any others.

Crazy to see all his parts and niblits... but yeah, not sure how this fits into a display unless you have lots of comic book/fan fiction in the collection.

That said, if someone didn't get the previous crackhead Vader... well, then this is your lucky day. So much better. Vader's almost zombified!

This looks cool but I'm glad I went for dx28, that's enough battle damage for me and the clean helmet is also, well, clean.

That cracked helmet reminds me of this SW Insider magazine I saw back around 2006. I can’t find a better picture. It’s the same battle damage with a crack above the eye.

Attachments

• IMG_2369.jpeg
    IMG_2369.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 0
Crazy to see all his parts and niblits... but yeah, not sure how this fits into a display unless you have lots of comic book/fan fiction in the collection.

That said, if someone didn't get the previous crackhead Vader... well, then this is your lucky day. So much better. Vader's almost zombified!
Something like... (shelf space permitting)
1721679983558.png

Is only the deluxe a DX? Usually its both reg and deluxe... so DX45 and DX46?
Both are DX

I'm not into the SW comics or fan fiction really, but what I do like about it is how different it is. The OWK Vader is nice but its so similar to my ANH Vader that it's difficult to enjoy for just the cracked sculpt and BD chest box. This one is so different even if it's not in a movie that I think I'd prefer to have this on the shelf than OWK Vader.

Absolutely. If you're going to go 'broken Vader' then go all out!

A and B...? That's weird. Have they done that before? Last I paid attention was crackhead Vader DX27 and DX28 -- not 27a and 27b.
That's what the HT website says. Usually the "B" is for the special edition exclusives.

I think the standard edition should be DX44.

I think it’s kind of cool but not something I need. The battle damaged version from Obi-Wan Kenobi is good enough for me.

I'm back and forth at the moment, I have the ESB Vader and OWK Vader.

Might sell the ESB Vader to help fund this one.

Originally I figured I'd only need 2 Vaders. ANH & ROTJ.

ANH will always be my favorite look, and ROTJ satisfied the shiny Vader, since ESB is basically the same. ROTJ adds removable helmet and unmasked head. I got suckered into the OWK as that head just looked too cool. I figured I'd have Helmeted Vader (ANH), BD Vader (OWK), and then display ROTJ un helmeted (the Shaw head looks even better than the 1/4 scale).
Never had any interest in the RO version, and glad I stayed firm and passed on the ESB version twice.

This guy now throws a wrench in my display. As much as I don't need him, I'm sure I'll be POing him. He just looks too damn cool. And the cool stand is gonna create a problem too due to its height.

Back