Hot Toys - 1/6th scale Darth Vader (Battle Damaged) DX45 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Conflicted on this. It looks awesome with the sculpted cape. Really looks like they shrunk down that Sideshow Mythos statue.

At the same time, it's not really an "official" look that would fit with anything else so I don't think it's a figure that's a "need'. The Obi-Wan version covers Vader well for me. Then again are any of these figures really a need. :lol

BSZffu5.jpeg

If I do get this (who am I kidding with "might") maybe I'll finally pick up one of those nice small light up display cases, like Legend Studio. Display him somewhere all by his lonesome.

Never had a need for one but always thought they looked cool. The other deterrent was they cost as much/more than an entire Detolf cabinet..

Still feels like less of a sting than getting Beskar Mando in hand and then them announcing the Chrome one right after :lol

Happened to me too, then decided to go custom on a new set of armor instead of getting the new HT. I received defective armor and was essentially told to go **** myself lol

Its weird, I wasn't keen on this at first look but I keep coming back to this thread and looking at the pics.....
I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan in the world, but I have wanted a Vader for my collection for a long time and I really like the artistry put into their figures and the character design is usually awesome.
I still have the deluxe OWK Vader on order with Popcultcha and I like that set because I can display classic Vader if I wish as well as display a battle-damaged version that gives a glimpse to the monstrous humanity beneath the machine shell....
And yet there is something about this......

I've decided to order this. I still am not feeling he scalp but it looks great with the helmet on and all the battle damage.

Im still happy with the OWK Vader. You can revert to undamaged look if you got the exclusive. Its a great representation of the character- all canon inaccuracies and nitpicks aside.

Plus, Im getting peg leg vibes from the new Vader. ha ha

at this point, the operating table seems to be quite feasible for the ROTS anniversary next year.
View attachment 715180View attachment 715181
Hot Toys did have a version on this back when they got the licence.
The Table and the BD Anakin.
Would be amazing to get.
I had the pic for ages.
Basically clouded their image so you could only work out what it was.

I love how he looks like a TFU Vader after his fight with Starkiller. He will look great next to Lord Starkiller on the Dark Side shelf. I hope we do get the operating room Vader next year. I've wanted that since I started collecting.

After these releases, and after my AOTC version comes in, the only remaining Anakin would be TPM. I hope we do get him soon. An "every stage of Anakin" display is something I've also wanted to do.

As someone who has 1) held off on almost every Vader HT because of 'pleather paranoia,' 2) never quite liked any of the PFs or mythos statues Sideshow has kicked out in the last 10 or so years, 3) missed out on the 1:4 Iron Studios of old, 4) doesn't like the current throne Vader 1:4 -- I think I'm going to PO this.

In the recent Sideshow video, they referred to the Artisan ROTJ Han boots as "leather like" -- not real leather or nylon or anything better. And that's for their "Artisan" line. So I guess Hot Toys is still using "leather like" junk that will possibly disintegrate over 5 years.

While I'm absolutely thrilled that they are making this, it seems rather odd that they would make the sculpt 100% Hayden.

Sebastian Shaw is still connonically what Vader looked like at the end of his life in ROTJ. I can sort of buy that he still looked like Hayden during the events of Obi Wan (even though one of my biggest gripes about the prequels was that Anakin was too young. I think he should have been mid-30s when he went into the suit and not 23). If The Force Unleashed took place roughly right before the events of A New Hope, at what point did his skin turn white and he starts looking like Shaw?

Did the work related stress from the explosion of the Death Star really cause him to age 30 years in 5? I wish they had gone with more of a Mythos look for this one.

In the recent Sideshow video, they referred to the Artisan ROTJ Han boots as "leather like" -- not real leather or nylon or anything better. And that's for their "Artisan" line. So I guess Hot Toys is still using "leather like" junk that will possibly disintegrate over 5 years.
ROTJ Han isn't an Artisan figure. Not even a DX. Just a regular MMS. That said, neither is DOD Indiana Jones and he's got real leather boots, whip and jacket.

Last edited:
Back