Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what confused me, 'cause we reffer to that br sculpt as the interrogation joker, and he was already messed up :)

Nice paint up man, very nice.
I went out today and got two different styles of dye. Both denim blue, which is great because it has that natural greyish look to it, like it does in the movie. But not solid grey like they made the jacket, obviously. Mixed it up and started the process. Was looking DAMN spot on, the color was perfect, then i took it out and started the drying process. After emptying the dye down the drown mind you lol. WOOPS, forgot to leave it a few shades darker to make up for the lightening when drying. :p Not to worry i'll give it another go if i get time. Just pleased i got the right color, will leave it longer next time and it'll be perfect
BLAZER1stgo.jpg

Nice paint up man, very nice.
I went out today and got two different styles of dye. Both denim blue, which is great because it has that natural greyish look to it, like it does in the movie. But not solid grey like they made the jacket, obviously. Mixed it up and started the process. Was looking DAMN spot on, the color was perfect, then i took it out and started the drying process. After emptying the dye down the drown mind you lol. WOOPS, forgot to leave it a few shades darker to make up for the lightening when drying. :p Not to worry i'll give it another go if i get time. Just pleased i got the right color, will leave it longer next time and it'll be perfect
BLAZER1stgo.jpg

Did I hear somebody say commission work?

This is tempting me to buy a DX Joker.:chew

Thanks mate, wait till you see it the proper color when left a tad longer, and a neater liner :)
Best thing about it is. The stripping process doesn't really take any color from the liner, but it does give it a drawn out kind of sheen. I think if you did this to a DX coat, which has a slightly more orange liner, after it gives it that touch, you could probably get out of relining that aswell, and it would look pretty spot on as is. Will find out soon enough i suppose, my DX stuff should be here this coming week. You may even be able to strip a DX suede purple trench coat and recolor with a more vibrant shade. The possibilities are endless, but i'm not going to risk my jacket for that lol! Any volunteers? :p

Last edited:
Here's my last 2 heads I did a repaint & hair on one and
a repaint on the other. Both of the Bank Robber heads.
I may put mo-hair on the second one, have not decided
yet. What do you think?

customhtjokerhead3.jpg

customhtjokerhead4.jpg

customhtjokethead1.jpg

jokerrepaint4.jpg

jokerrepaint2.jpg

jokerrepaint6.jpg

Oh nice, i like! good work man. :) I thought about glueing but my sister turned me off saying it wouldn't hold for long. I beg to differ though, it doesn't see rigirous use, should be fine. Might give that a go myself. If you need any different colors i could do you a deal and throw some in, maybe cheaper than another source. If you havn't already got some that is lol. Still waiting on my other two, i think the copper will be the best. It's hard to tell, especially when you buy online, if they are going to match

Cheers man!

Should be fine, but I think I will sew my final one. A little trickier, but not as messy!

Agree re the colour problem, this one looked perfect salmony orange on eBay, but it is very vibrant in hand. I may take you up on that offer actually please, I have an apricot orange on the way, so will see that first. Ta.

Last edited:
Back