Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hehe i could imagine. Does it stick alright to the liner and the suedey part? Sewing is alright but it's a HUGE pain, because what i found is that you need to leave some liner to sew the new one through. You can be really careful and get it straight and covering all the old one, but if you cut all the old one out, you can't do a hidden seem like they do at the factory without all their special machines. If you sew it to the jacket, you'll have purple thread showing on the liner, or orange thread showing on the outside of the jacket (which could look coolely, jokery, but in no way accurate lol) Plus if you miss sew it, even slightly, you alter the way the jacket pulls/hangs. It's doable though

Re your edit, no problem man, i'll let you know when i get the new colors. I think one will be pumpkiny like that one you just did. The other is burnt orange/copper red, or the faded orange. I had the exact same thing with mine. Looked perfect salmony color online, but they had free samples, and were local, so i told them what i wanted, and what for, and she sent color's that matched. It was way more orange in the flesh, and the other color that nearly matched the online pic was nearly a full pink color, albeit faded out.

Last edited:
Sound man, look forward to seeing them.

Tell me about it, that is some tricky business! I left some of the original liner and glued to that, then I folded back over and iron pressed for a neat seam. Going to spend a good while on the DX one to get it perfect.

I got my medicom shoes today. Not so sure on them. For 99 cents, couldn't go wrong, they are a nice design, ageing and look is better than HT i reckon. However, they are physically a slightly bigger shoe, too big perhaps, especially the front, very wide. When on, from the front, he looks like he's wearing too big a shoesize for his feet :p. HT ones are much more in scale. And the way the joints can move! What a pain! Now i know and appreciate why HT doesn't do the feet thing, and just a balljoint straight into the shoe. I think smoothed of wrinkles, and repainted, HT would be the best. May give it a go. I got the socks too, but i've never had beef with the HT ones, so, kept them on.
DSCF1865.jpg

DSCF1866.jpg

DSCF1867.jpg

DSCF1868.jpg

DSCF1870.jpg

DSCF1871.jpg

Yeah the HT ones look better in the pics, the sculpting on the laces also looks much deeper and crisper on the HT ones, I'd stick with them.

Cheers man! They look good in hand, but because the pics blow the items in question up loads, they look a little shoddy.

Just bought some brown flocking material off of the evilbay. Added a layer of PVA glue, covered, shaked, pressed and added in the details. Real happy with the outcome.

trial 1???

...that's what you call a first trial...it comes before the second and third trials, and so on and so forth... :rolleyes:

nice job on those shoes snake eater. they look a bit furry, but that might just be because the images are close ups. i'm sure in real life they look more like cloth...right? anyway, good job.

Yeah you could give them a light sand and they would be perfect, if they aren't already. A bit lighter in color and they would be perfect. Excellent job mate. What exactly is 'flocking' material btw?

...that's what you call a first trial...it comes before the second and third trials, and so on and so forth... :rolleyes:

nice job on those shoes snake eater. they look a bit furry, but that might just be because the images are close ups. i'm sure in real life they look more like cloth...right? anyway, good job.

i don't really get what that kind of trail is

Thanks man! I ensure you guys it is just the extreme close up. They look like pressed suede in hand and almost have a worn effect where some of the original shoe has come through.

Yeah you could give them a light sand and they would be perfect, if they aren't already. A bit lighter in color and they would be perfect. Excellent job mate. What exactly is 'flocking' material btw?

It's just extremely small fibres that you can cover stuff with. Probably have some spare if you'd like?

Oregon Trail. You have died of dysentery.

:lol :lol

wow those are nice bud! excellent work. the joker is coming along fantastic!

Thanks bud!

Yeah mate, i could be interested, depends if you can ship it. Not sure what it's made out of, don't know if it may be prohibited to get in here. Did you buy it online? I got myself a weathering kit to give the shoes the 'vodoun' effect :p, i'll see how that looks

Back