Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you post that pic of the Joker's grenades?

It's not very clear, but I make out like 7 different points of light being caught, so that leads me to think there are 7 objects under his coat, whether they're all grenades or not, can't tell, have to wait for DVD or go see it again and pay close attention.

16.jpg

Since the Truetype body I ordered from Toys2 has two pair of ungloved hands, I picked up some acrylic paint at Wal-Mart last night and turned them into Joker's makeup-smudged hands. Only did the first pair so far, and the camera doesn't quite pick up the subtleties of the white paint (i.e. - they look much better in person!!)

IMG_3852.jpg

IMG_3853.jpg

IMG_3856.jpg

IMG_3857.jpg

Nice shots Sean and nice repaint Josh. Its a nice looking figure but I like the likeness on Josh's and Les's more.

Nice handy work sith lord.:D

Thanks! I'm currently working on "victimizing" the Truetype's generic head (which looks curiously a lot like Wentworth Miller from Prison Break). So far, I've got the white paint, the scars cut into the face, and the red paint. Trying to find pics of the dead Fake Batman to see if I need to do the black around the eyes.

Thanks! I'm currently working on "victimizing" the Truetype's generic head (which looks curiously a lot like Wentworth Miller from Prison Break). So far, I've got the white paint, the scars cut into the face, and the red paint. Trying to find pics of the dead Fake Batman to see if I need to do the black around the eyes.

Just the red smile and white face, no black on the eyes.

Thanks, Sean!

Here's what I have so far. I'm planning on layering both colors a bit more to get that splotchy, caked on look.

IMG_3858.jpg

IMG_3859.jpg

Here's a question for our resident painters. If I wanted to simulated closed eyelids, should I just paint solid white over the eyes?

Or would it look creepier this way?

I say repaint the eyeball to have it more dead looking.

are you gonna put him in a batman type suit?

I really don't know what I'm going to do with it. I had the extra head and decided to do this spur-of-the-moment. I'm planning on putting it on my left-over broke Truetype body. Beyond that, I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm thinking just generic clothing to make this a run-of-the-mill Gotham citizen.

Here's a question for our resident painters. If I wanted to simulated closed eyelids, should I just paint solid white over the eyes?

Or would it look creepier this way?

Since he's likely going to be dead for your purposed, can go either way, I'd use glue or something to fill in the eyes if you wanted them closed though, or thick paint.

Since he's likely going to be dead for your purposed, can go either way, I'd use glue or something to fill in the eyes if you wanted them closed though, or thick paint.

Well I applied the white paint with Q-tips and sponges so far. For the closed eyes, I was going to use a brush so it didn't look so spotty.

If I used glue, how would that work? I have some super glue with a brush applicator. Would that work?

And thanks for help and advice, you guys!

just make sure you can get the shape right before doing it cos if you get it wrong it might look like

a) he has no eyes
or
b) he has weird growths on his eye lids

if you are gonna go for the closed eyed look, I would have used putty. but i ain't exactly an expert :lol

just make sure you can get the shape right before doing it cos if you get it wrong it might look like

a) he has no eyes
or
b) he has weird growths on his eye lids

if you are gonna go for the closed eyed look, I would have used putty. but i ain't exactly an expert :lol
Good number of things that could go wrong with the eyes, kinda like what J0KER said.

Is everyone having trouble with the buttons coming off Joker's jacket and/or coat?

I keep seeing missing buttons in photos. The top button on my pruple coat came off as well. Got to sew it back on...

Back