Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was inspired by the monologue about savoring all the little emotions with a knife. It's my "Sweeney Todd" Joker series. :)

Funny thing is...Joker rarely uses a knife in the movie. He uses one on Gamble, and I think that's it. Rest of the time, he uses it to intimidate, or he's using guns and explosives.

It would have been cool to see him do a bit more slicing and dicing.:wacky

You don't see it, but you surmise he used it to put the cell phone and bomb into the fat criminal in lockup.

And obviously on the Fake Batman. Point is that it's all off-screen. If it had been on screen though, there's no way TDK could've been PG-13!!! More slicing and dicing would've been hardcore R with the way Joker was portrayed.

True, i didn't think of the copycat as he was straight stabbed and not sliced. I'm glad they didn't show slicing though, would have turned it more into a horror movie, the implication was enough to create Joker as a threatening character without turning him into Michael Myers.

True, i didn't think of the copycat as he was straight stabbed and not sliced. I'm glad they didn't show slicing though, would have turned it more into a horror movie, the implication was enough to create Joker as a threatening character without turning him into Michael Myers.

Exactly!

The lack of blood and what remained off-screen made Joker so much more terrifying for me. There were two truly unnerving and terrifying scenes in the movie. First was Gamble's murder and that was a combination of Joker's monologue leading up to the act, the music, and the focusing on the thug's reaction. The second was the videotaped murder of the copycat because of Heath's schizophrenic voice acting and the screaming at the end.

Ya, the building up music for Gamble's death was perfect, it coincided with the buildup of Heath's voice in line delivery, and then the great, maybe he won't moment where he says one last time calmly, why so serious.

Originally the copycat had Joker's iconic knife stuck in his chest through the "Will the Real Batman Please Stand Up" card, so originally it'd would have been stuck in him. Past the lock up you wouldn't expect him to have it any longer since they removed him of his belongings and he had moved on from one to one interactions to full out bombings.

Ya, the building up music for Gamble's death was perfect, it coincided with the buildup of Heath's voice in line delivery, and then the great, maybe he won't moment where he says one last time calmly, why so serious.

For me, that's the moment when I knew he'd do it. By looking at the thug, he was acting out his father's role in the story (which was undoubtedly fake). But it was still extremely unnerving because of the editing/music. Hans Zimmer really outdid himself with his Joker music.

iconic yes defintely but i also think it was disposable.. and he had easy acess to them.

Clearly easy access. How many knives did they put on the table? Had to be at least six or seven.

Both with and without Flash:

All Joker wanted was his phone call so he could get a more comfortable chair.

dsc00537cf8.jpg

[/QUOTE]

This shot really looks like Heath to me. Looks so awesome Buttmunch

is this a HT head sculpt? I've read that the HT head sculpt is not that great but looks pretty great to me. Great repaint?

dsc00540ap2.jpg

is this a HT head sculpt? I've read that the HT head sculpt is not that great but looks pretty great to me. Great repaint?

dsc00540ap2.jpg

That would be Buttmunch's Joker. Sculpting done by Josh, and les on the paint. Correct me if I'm wrong here

5 days off the end of August ! Toys2.net said they would be

"The Joker figure is not release by the manufacture yet and it will arrive around end of Aug, 2008"

Anyone know if theyve started shipping yet ?

5 days off the end of August ! Toys2.net said they would be

"The Joker figure is not release by the manufacture yet and it will arrive around end of Aug, 2008"

Anyone know if theyve started shipping yet ?

Shipping as we speak, I received mine about a week ago.

dsc00540ap2.jpg

Nope that is just DarkArtist's custom head with paint by Les (long story). It is STILL one of the best Joker heads out there!

Back